Forum › Posts by kekkres

joined Mar 30, 2017

So the read I am getting from this honestly is that the cheating, in itself was never really the problem for Midori, but rather it was what that cheating implied, My interpretation/speculation from two chapters in is that Midori started a relationship with someone who was effectively her best friend, which for a long time blinded her to the flaws in the relationship, namely that what he wanted out of the relationship (something clearly very casual and noncommital) and what she wanted (a loving long term relationship leading to marriage) where just, not the same, and moreover where never going to become the same. The cheating was to was most distressing to her not because of the infidelity itself, but because it evidenced those flaws that she was trying to avoid seeing. and through venting to kyouko she comes to accept that this isn't going to change, he is never going to grow up and become a proper husband, and that the best thing is for her to break things off and stop wasting her time waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

Ah yes my favorite genre; food yuri

joined Mar 30, 2017

I really hate how people feel the need to argue that a character is not really bi and is actually a "pure" lesbian. As if there is something wrong or dirty about someone being bi.

Isn’t this the opposite case though? Miki has 100% dated men before, and likely had sex with them as well, but what people are saying is that because she was actually in love with Kana the entire time there’s no real evidence for her being bisexual. She specifically states “I tried my best to make it work with other people but...” which implies that the main reason she chose to date them was in order to force herself to get over Kana. That smacks of classic compulsory heterosexuality to me, just like above comments have also mentioned. Some people only realize they are lesbians later in life, and some of those people have already married men and had kids when they realize. That’s the vibe I got from this.

As far as sexuality goes all we know is that Miki loved and loves Kana. Maybe we should just take a page from Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl and call her Kanasexual lol

If it was just here sure, but this is a reoccurring thing I see on these boards. Whener a girl has had past relationships with men people either discount her off the bat or try to come up with reasons why it doesn't count.

joined Mar 30, 2017

I really hate how people feel the need to argue that a character is not really bi and is actually a "pure" lesbian. As if there is something wrong or dirty about someone being bi.

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

I dont recall the specifics of the manga I'm looking for but it involved an engaged woman and a lost umbrella that was a pretense for another woman to spend time with her, I've looked through the "adult life" tag and cant seem to find it

joined Mar 30, 2017

Ahh sorry first time on the forums

joined Mar 30, 2017

I dont recall the specifics but it involved an engaged woman and a lost umbrella that was a pretense for another woman to spend time with her, I've looked through the "adult life" tag and cant seem to find it

joined Mar 30, 2017

It's cute.. but it would have been way better if it was in college rather than highschool...
Illegal age gap is not something that should be use this lightly

isn't the age of content in most of japan 16 (I know it's 18 in Tokyo)? If she is in her senior or junior year it might not be illegal

joined Mar 30, 2017

^ Yup- I think I know all the big subtext magical girl yuri ships out there- and dont get me wrong I love them :) I really love 'The demon girl next door' and really hope s2 will be great :)

But I meant a magical girl show with blatent yuri like in strawberry panic or sakura trick, with kissing and romance and dating etc!

I would kill for a season of precure where 2 of the girls actually became a couple!

The closest I can think of is nanoha, where the two mains are effectively married, sharing a house, a bed and a child. However you never get to see them DO anything,

Edit: of course nanoha is s mech anime in magical girl clothing so it may not count :p

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 2:39PM

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

Is it bad that I officially like the new couple more than the main one?

Considering the "slapstick" going overboard to abuse territory, nope, not bad at all.

I'm pretty sure the author realized they messed up as every instance of hitting since has been clearly denoted as comedy eg using a reddish as a weapon

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

Tomatoes are vegetables
runs away

Vegetable is a meaningless term with no clear definition that includes some but not all roots leaves seeds stems flowers fruits and even fungi

joined Mar 30, 2017

Kids, don't use urges as a justification for attacking someone~! Still ask for consent~

She did tho? Like three times

joined Mar 30, 2017

That scene with the two sitting on a bench at the park... they should have kissed and accepted each other's feelings right then and there.

"Being with you makes me so happy that it puts me in a trance" + that look she gives Yori
I am starting to worry about the girl's intellectual capacatiy that she cannot fathom herself that this equals Yori's desired answer...
...where's BV? I need someone to insert the "just kiss already" meme XD

Honestly I'm am not entirely convinced she isnt on the spectrumif an admittedly mild case. Her emotional and social understanding skills seem notably limited, and she isnt sheltered or isolated but instead is extremely outgoing and rather than a lack of experience is simply worse in those fields.

joined Mar 30, 2017

I've always interpreted Reimu Marisa and co as in their 20s given they are all self sufficient and they all drink a LOT

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

If kase was a guy (which she is pretty much written as one) everyone would think she was being really controlling and unfair. But i guess thats ok with two girls! I really dont think the author knows how actual lesbian relationships work instead just writes a het relationship but with two girls.

I'm not a lesbian so it might be different here, but at least from the view of someone in a gay relationship it doesn't seem horribly different than a straight one. Are lesbians different somhow?

joined Mar 30, 2017

Man, I wish the whole love triangle thing didn't exist
I wanted supportive friends with no hidden feelings existing

I do appreciate that the friend with hidden feelings is fully aware of the other two ends and seems fully supportive with no attempts to undercut or sabotage what's going on (at least not yet) I feel like she resigned her feelings as unrequited and accepted that before chapter 1.

kekkres
Still Sick discussion 11 Sep 22:51
joined Mar 30, 2017

Did... did they really just decide to get to it right after making their relationship a romantic one? Gee, they moved faster in one chepter than in all the previous 14 combined!

It seems pretty realistic to me in lesbian dating terms

especialy given that both have known the other was into them for like... a month now, and have been kinda pussyfooting around the issue

joined Mar 30, 2017

Fetishizing? Is this a hentai? I thought it was just something the characters like to do/talk about like music or play table games... Is like, you want to make it look worse just because you don't like it.

Queer people aren't a hobby is the thing and treating them like one is kind of dehumanizing. It'd be different if it were part of a broader enjoyment of shipping in general but obsessing over and idealizing a minority group that you aren't a part of (in this case queer men) isn't a great look especially considering how entrenched stereotypes are in this kind of fandom. It's not functionally different from white dudes talking about "yellow fever."

You... you realize you are on a yuri site right?

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 9:31PM

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

I love how fucking genuine the faces in this manga are, like no joke this gag smut-lite yuri has some of the most sincere looking smiles ever

joined Mar 30, 2017

Wtf am i reading

Its bad and not even exciting. Also depictures of incestual pedophilia. Yay.

I mean pedophilia aside, I dont think there is anything especially wrong with incest when potential children are not a factor. If all parties want it I dont think there is much argument against it beyond "icky". Granted its icky on an instinctual level to prevent humans from defaulting to their siblings as sexual partners, as seen in some species like dogs. but when two consenting adults are not subject to that particular mental block I cant think of a good reason to object.

Granted there is a child in this case so that all goes out the window and I've just realized I've gone on a pro incest rant so I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

literally had to google what a summer fling is and i gotta say thats pretty cool and sad at the same time, it'd really suck just breaking things off but i dunno maybe if it was for the better but still just ending it right then and there is pretty sad.

Did.... did you not read the end? Blonde reveals she is going to a college nearby instead of in the city so they dont have to be separated

kekkres
Yukino Plan discussion 02 Sep 11:24
joined Mar 30, 2017

Yandere and creep factor aside, this may be one of the most toxic relationships I've seen on this site. I have personally known someone like that and what their manipulation and need to be neccessary does to the other part is horrific in the long term. At a certain point they are conditioned to the point that this illusion of uselessness becomes real and the dependence the other person has on them all but permanent.

kekkres
Still Sick discussion 17 Jul 21:44
joined Mar 30, 2017

This is kinda stressing me out.... There is so much miscommunication and repressed feelings.
I just want them to be happy :'(

The miscommunication feels very ... real though, fualed by self esteem issues and anxiety rather than contrivance and idiocy

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 9:44PM

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

In regards to the affection thing, the relationship between Sakurako and Kasumi is very close (unnervingly so at times) to the one my boyfriend and I have, ignoring the fact that we are late 20s gay men and not cute anime girls. To avoid just filling this comment with a small essay on the parallels, the relevant part of the comparison is this; I (the Sakurako) come from a very touchy-feely family, lots of hugs and kisses, lots of "I love you's" Whenever we say goodbye or hello or whenever, which leads me to want to be attached to him at basically all times. He, on the other hand, comes from a much more reserved family where skinship and overt affection was more reserved, and he often feels like he has had enough, or more than enough skinship and affection between us just from what I give him so he rarely shows me overt affection unless its something special. Which is all to say that, given Sakurako is even more pushy and clingy than I am, Kasumi being exhausted and lacking the or desire energy to return any of Sakurako's overt displays of affection doesn't actually say much or anything about her feelings.

kekkres
joined Mar 30, 2017

Am I the only one who is reminded of Tim Burton?