Forum › Still Sick discussion

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

it's even better than I imagined from the raws :) they are being more and more honest with their feelings,

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK this is getting good

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

on 19 shimizu says "her" but as far as i remember she didn't specify the sex?
So i guess that's either a typo or the translator implied that the guy didn't hear it? I thought he did.

Japanese has gender-neutral pronouns, English doesn't.

English has they/ them pronouns, which they actually use throughout the conversation, which is why the random "her" is so confusing.

The translator might have thought it just sounded more natural. There's a good chance Kidoguchi knows her sexuality anyway, though. They dated before, and broke up because she isn't into guys. He might even know about the Yuri manga thing, so while she hasn't explicitly come out to him, he may know enough to infer that if she's into someone, it's probably a girl.

Given all that, the translator may have just figured he probably knows, and is cool with it, or just plain wouldn't mind, so if "her" sounds more natural than "they"...

Either way it's probably not worth fretting over too much.

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Why am I crying?? I JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS MANGA IS SOOOO GOOD AND IM SOO HAPPY I JUST WANTED TO CRYYYY

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright. I can see where this is going, and I like what I see.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh its happeninggggggg
((( ´꒳` )))

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Talking?

Preposterous! Not in my yuri manga!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Why am I crying?? I JUST THOUGHT THAT THIS MANGA IS SOOOO GOOD AND IM SOO HAPPY I JUST WANTED TO CRYYYY

I KNOW! fuckin'... me too! ;_; I'm just thinking like... I'm so lonely and sad, but I so relate to this manga, so as long as I have it, I'll be ok. But it's hard and I'm crying way too hard right now

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Your profile pic reminds me how much I want fighting game yuri. Either two gay gals playing fighting games or the fighters themselves . . . or both.

There was one . . . but it was pretty much just subtext.

If only I'd stop playing fighters long enough to get my crappy art and writing skills up . . . ugh.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Anyone knows where we can find the raws of next chapters?

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

I was waiting for two weeks for this to update...!! Wish we had a lot more chapters that came out every week. It's so awesome but isn't it getting over in a few chapters?
Also I knew it would cut it there lol. This chapter felt shorter

There's one chapter left. (edit wait or you meant like completly over, i mean 1 chapter till we catch up with the raws, i don't think it's gonna end soon)

Anyone knows where we can find the raws of next chapters?

https://comic.pixiv.net/works/4616

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 6:36AM

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

aaaaah. this is making me feel melancholic. dang it, why dont i have a gf yet

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I was waiting for two weeks for this to update...!! Wish we had a lot more chapters that came out every week. It's so awesome but isn't it getting over in a few chapters?
Also I knew it would cut it there lol. This chapter felt shorter

There's one chapter left. (edit wait or you meant like completly over, i mean 1 chapter till we catch up with the raws, i don't think it's gonna end soon)

Yeah I meant when it's gonna be over for good. Thanks, I checked the pixiv one. It seems the works there are quite different from the official chapters released. Also it seems to stop when Maekawa leaves the company? so I was wondering how many chapters there could potentially be, since we already seem to be heading towards a confession and them start dating.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I checked the pixiv one. It seems the works there are quite different from the official chapters released.

Did you mean the magazine releases (or tanks if that's it's medium)? Where can I find the official release versions? I'm curious at how different it is from the pixiv ones.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I checked the pixiv one. It seems the works there are quite different from the official chapters released.

Did you mean the magazine releases (or tanks if that's it's medium)? Where can I find the official release versions? I'm curious at how different it is from the pixiv ones.

By official I meant the ones we also have here on Dynasty. Don't know the medium they're released in Japan though. But the art on pixiv isn't the same as the ones in here.
Edit: I was looking at the author's pixiv. The link listed a few posts above is actually the same chapters like here.
Btw there are some interesting scenes in the author's pixiv.

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 8:51AM

joined Jun 29, 2015

By official I meant the ones we also have here on Dynasty. Don't know the medium they're released in Japan though. But the art on pixiv isn't the same as the ones in here.
Edit: I was looking at the author's pixiv. The link listed a few posts above is actually the same chapters like here.
Btw there are some interesting scenes in the author's pixiv.

Official raw on pixiv: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/4616

you can read the alt version on author personal pixiv

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

"We need to talk"???
But those are the words to start a breakup conversation!
Maekawa is getting it backwards, a mangaka really should know better

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

Yeah I meant when it's gonna be over for good. Thanks, I checked the pixiv one. It seems the works there are quite different from the official chapters released. Also it seems to stop when Maekawa leaves the company? so I was wondering how many chapters there could potentially be, since we already seem to be heading towards a confession and them start dating.

Official chap 14 and 15 = 8 chapter on pixiv (out of 15). So i guess we probably have ~13 more chapters to go

joined Mar 6, 2016

Am I the only one who is like ‘wtf’ with this ping-pong paddle that is like just flowing in the air. Or am I just see this wrong like an idiot?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch14#13

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 1:52PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Am I the only one who is like ‘wtf’ with this ping-pong paddle that is like just flowing in the air. Or am I just see this wrong like an idiot?

I think he’s tossed the paddle in the air in surprise.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Talking?

I think 'talk' is a euphemism for kissing, snuggling, spit-swapping and (gasp!) holding hands so we can hopefully look forward to that!

He's so shocked he tosses the paddle up and slams both hands on the table, I think. :-) Action sequence!

Edit: not enough equals on my lewd spoiler, lolz!

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 2:00PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Blastaar posted:

I think he’s tossed the paddle in the air in surprise.

Action lines following his arms would have made the action more clear

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

fINALLY THEYRE BEING GAY

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Your profile pic reminds me how much I want fighting game yuri. Either two gay gals playing fighting games or the fighters themselves . . . or both.

There was one . . . but it was pretty much just subtext.

If only I'd stop playing fighters long enough to get my crappy art and writing skills up . . . ugh.

Skullgirls? It was a surprisingly mechanically solid fighting game. One of the best from the last 5 years or so.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Talking?

No just yuri manga or even just manga! It's an outrageous concept in any romance story. How on earth does the author propose to write a romance if the characters communicate? It will just be all "This disagreement happened, but we talked it over and it wasn't that big of a problem because we really love each other and a little communication makes all the difference... so no big..." That doesn't sell magazines! Where's the DRAMA!?! The PASSION!?! The MAKE-UP SEX?!?!?!?

To reply you must either login or sign up.