Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Haru will be the one initiating the kissing, Midori will reject her initially which will lead into Haru's parting and later muster up the courage to bring her back "home", you heard it here first

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 1:41PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TifalovesAerith posted:

Haru will be the one initiating the kissing, Midori will reject her initially which will lead into Haru's parting and later muster up the courage to bring her back "home", you heard it here first

Put 200grams of "This is how I am, can you still like me even if I'm not like her?" mixed with a wordless reply from Midori and you got yourself a climax.

Oh wait... That sounds like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/pages_in_search_of_a_bookmark

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

TifalovesAerith posted:

Put 200grams of "This is how I am, can you still like me even if I'm not like her?" mixed with a wordless reply from Midori and you got yourself a climax.

Oh wait... That sounds like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/pages_in_search_of_a_bookmark

Oh, man--you just had to go there, didn't you? I was just thinking about that one today, wondering if it was the second-worst yuri manga I've ever read (I'm assuming that nothing will ever surpass Black Lily and White Lily. Or else God help us all).

I actually think this one has the potential to be one of the greats, if all goes well in the execution.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

WOW you rake up that ... thing (pretty enjoyable in the beginning), I kinda forgot about it, it's been a minute since its last update

Also, Blastaar-san

wondering if it was the second-worst yuri manga I've ever read (I'm assuming that nothing will ever surpass Black Lily and White Lily. Or else God help us all).

Have you ever read Sh... I mean CITRUS? There you have it

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 3:56PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You know I had to do it to 'em

Ironically the worst yuri here is the one called Happy End, but Haru and Midori are faaaaaaaaaaar from any of the ones we've mentioned so I'm not worried haha

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

You know I had to do it to 'em

Ironically the worst yuri here is the one called Happy End, but Haru and Midori are faaaaaaaaaaar from any of the ones we've mentioned so I'm not worried haha

Yep, I was thinking about Happy End while reading comments

Maybe there should be a gay bait tag or something

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Da fuq, in the end of chapter 4, is Haru running away or something? Or is she just going to school?

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 4:29AM

joined Sep 29, 2017

I thought the drama tag said obama and got confused.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Da fuq, in the end of chapter 4, is Haru running away or something? Or is she just going to school?

I'm confused too.
What's with the sailor fuku in the bag? It's obviously meant to tell us something, but I can't figure out what.
Anyone wants to suggest an explanation?

Av
joined May 25, 2015

It's her mom's uniform; I think we see her sleeping while clutching it early on and saying "I'm taking off" to somewhat recently. My guess is that she is gathering the courage to let go, hence why we see it stored in a bag now instead of hanging on a wall.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah she's either going to throw it away, store it or give it away to someone... It implies "moving on" I guess

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Aah... I get it now. For some reason, I had completely forgotten that the uniform was her mom's.

Ava
joined Dec 7, 2018

Come to think of it, I wonder if that blonde coworker asking about her lunch is foreshadowing a potential love interest for Midori.

Yeah.. I had the feeling that the story ark of Midory is really to overcome her insecurities with help of Haru, or because she needs to help Haru. Therefore she will get more confident and find herself friends and posible relationships. I don't see Midori with Haru because the main reason she bring home Haru it's because her mom accepted Midori as a friend, maybe.her only true friend as we are discovering until now. And Midori needs to accept that she was in love with Haru's mom and that she needs to let it go to open her heart for other people.

joined Mar 11, 2016

This is some ultra quality work. I am sold!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This Woman Who Never Grew Up meets Girl Who Grew Up Too Fast creates a nice, unusual dynamic. The callback happened a little too quickly for my taste, but Tsugumi's "waiting" line is so good that I couldn't be bothered to care. Right now Midori is often thinking of Haru as "so much like her mother," it'll be very interesting if the story decides to explore the implications of that further.

Yes it'll be very interesting
if the story decides
to explore the implications
of that further.

Avi2
joined Feb 22, 2019

Yes it'll be very interesting
if the story decides
to explore the implications
of that further.

Lol I forgot about that series, been years since it last updated

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Me: Yaaaaaayyyy new chapter!!!
Me after reading: T-T new chapter!!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't think either of them should fall in love with the other

At least not right now

I feel the same about this manga
https://mangadex.org/title/35217/ikoku-nikki

(now that I think about it there's quite a few mangas about raising kids of deceased loved ones/friends
There is also this one as well
https://mangadex.org/title/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu

Also, yeah Blastaar I think those two you mentioned are also the worst yuri i've read

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 8:43PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't think either of them should fall in love with the other

Not if Midori only see Haru as a substitue of Tsugumi.

joined May 1, 2015

Three more chapters to go until we are all caught up. Man, I hope this keeps being translated. The story is really good.

joined Jul 26, 2019

It's incredibly sad! The memory that comes back from the mother for one and the best friend for the other makes the story really dramatic knowing that the deceased was a beautiful person.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That "I'll never see x again" when remembering someone, hit really close to home.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

A very solemn chapter, and another great example of the wonderful writing in this. Seriously looking forward to more.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Aww.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This story is so lonely. Midori is so pretty. I guess it's getting close to that time of year again. Really looking forward to more.

To reply you must either login or sign up.