Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

There's no reason to get ahead of ourselves on the possibility of romance--the story isn't.

When a good writer seems to have things well in hand, I'm inclined to just let it roll without putting too many expectations on the ultimate outcome.

Appealing characters, grown-up writing, attention to detail, nice pacing on the episodes--steady as she goes, as far as I'm concerned.

I personally wasn't actually putting expectations for the outcome. Rather, when this series started, I wanted to see these two fall for each other in the end, with Midori getting over her old love, so that she doesn't see Haru as Tsumugi. But now, I wish to see these two to grow as a family, and if the series keeps going the same way as it has, my initial desire to see them as a couple in the end will probably disappear and I'll probably end up disliking if that's how the series will end.

For now though, I wouldn't in any way mind them falling for each other.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

1: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch07#20
...makes me wonder if the mother means this as "very close friends" or if she caught on the yuri-vibes...

2: The genes are strong in the females of this manga.

3: Meow.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Created an account to comment on how the daughters look identical to their mothers, barring only the faint signs of being a few decades older. At least it's acknowledged here, unlike many other examples of such Strong Family Resemblance.
Anyway, how close are we to catching up to the raw (and hence begin the long long wait time between chapter)?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Anyway, how close are we to catching up to the raw (and hence begin the long long wait time between chapter)?

We are 1 chapter before catching up.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

The chapter amusingly DOES feel like the mom going "Welcome, daughter-in-law!"

joined Jul 26, 2019

It still feels like the undisclosed love between Midori and tsugumi and its risk of giving Midori a lot of regrets if it hasn't already... it seems that tsugumi talked a lot to her daughter about Midori while after school they never came into contact again.....there is a love story behind it all and I think that when we flashback or something else we will discover it but its risk to be quite dramatic...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think what gets me about chapter 7 is how lively Midori is. It's in reaction to her mom to some degree, in the same way that almost everything she does is in reaction to something external, but there's a less inward-looking energy to her in the presence of her mother. Maybe it's the fact that she's finally getting some validation for the decision she made to take in Haru, who knows. But if she were like this more often, she'd be more functional in the world.

Either way, there's a welcome lightness to the chapter after all the heaviness earlier.

joined Dec 18, 2018

don't be surprised if there is romance though...authors seem to love doing that >.>; apparently if you're not blood related and you live with someone you HAVE to fall in love. now i will go on pretending the last few chapters of usagi drop never existed. STUPIDEST choice an author has ever made that i've ever read.

Ahh Usagi Drop, that manga really serves as a prime example of "how to ruin a wholesome manga in a very short amount of time".

However I feel like romance in this manga would be considerably more natural, I do hope it doesn't go that way though.

Personal preference would be some weird shit like Tsugumi faked her death and comes back and all three live together as a big happy family, but that's just me being a hopeful idiot since that would make very little sense in the story.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Family ... Now that was really nice.

She really came like a storm, and I never expected her to look like her daughter too lo/ Well it must be more common in Japan.
A tiny bit part of me wants the manga to end now hahahahha like, they make such a perfect happy frame right now I just don't have the heart to see them grieving again.

Funny how nothing has happened romantically and you guys are already getting mad, even reopening old wounds from other works.

last edited at Aug 11, 2019 9:48PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Family ... Now that was really nice.

She really came like a storm, and I never expected her to look like her daughter too lo/ Well it must be more common in Japan.

I dunno, I’ve known half a dozen US families where one or more of the children was the spitting image of a parent. One family in the neighborhood I grew up in had 5 kids (four boys and a girl) and every one of them looked so much like the dad it was a little weird (although the mom had basically the same-shaped face and skin and hair coloration, truth be told).

You could tell it was one of the Gallaghers from two blocks away.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

"And I say, "Hey!"
What a wonderful kind of day
Where you can learn to work and play
And ..."

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

on p 15\16 she's not looking at her hand while cutting, which i'm sure is
dangerous and it made me think she's blind for a moment

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I got all the warm and fuzzies this chapter. That was quite surprising.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

"And I say, "Hey!"
What a wonderful kind of day
Where you can learn to work and play
And ..."

You got to listen to your heart
Listen to the beat
Listen to the rhythm
The rhythm of the street
Open up your eyes
Open up your ears
Get together and make things better
By working together!

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

The chapter amusingly DOES feel like the mom going "Welcome, daughter-in-law!"

Right?!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Midori is on the spectrum of autism. At least she’s high functioning. How did she get her job?

The grieving process is spot on, nailed on the head accurate. Where did mangaka get her research from?

Drop the “yuri” tag, it doesn’t belong here.

last edited at Aug 12, 2019 2:47AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Wait a little before drawing the final conclusions anyway... we are clearly in the process of mourning, that Midori and haru are getting to know and accept each other and it is off to a good start... now Midori clearly has old emotional wounds towards the mother of haru that look like two drops of water... Haru is very young but also she did not have too many family landmarks because no father and mother often absent.
From the author has several possible ways to choose and no one here can determine it yet, at least not in the author's place.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Midori is on the spectrum of autism. At least she’s high functioning. How did she get her job?

The grieving process is spot on, nailed on the head accurate. Where did mangaka get her research from?

I think the yuri tag should stay.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch06#33
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch06#34

Haru initiated this one. She needs to give Midori a big'ol hug. Or maybe Midori will be giving a hug next time.

last edited at Aug 12, 2019 5:16AM

joined May 1, 2015

I would be okay even if Haru and Midori do not fall in love. The story is great as is. If anything does happen, it will be started by Haru.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Midori was in love with Tsugumi.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

While folks are welcome to debate the Yuri tag if they really want to, we're not interested in making any changes to the tagging at this time. Have fun, everyone.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

While folks are welcome to debate the Yuri tag if they really want to, we're not interested in making any changes to the tagging at this time.

Thank you.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

New chapter keep the yuri alive with the classmate of Haru and the final panel

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Huh? Wasn’t Midori in love with Tsugumi?

joined Jul 26, 2019

Huh? Wasn’t Midori in love with Tsugumi?

Yes, almost all the chapters we have underheard and outright statements from Midori that she loved more than anything in the world tsugumi.
And the most dramatic thing is that tsugumi also seemed to have more than friendly feelings towards Midori. Her risk of being in the future the development of why tsugumi got pregnant at 17, that she didn't stay with the boy and that she preferred to stay alone afterwards...while keeping Midori's phone and talking regularly about her to her daughter… why her relationships with her parents were so difficult...maybe through them we will learn things...

To reply you must either login or sign up.