Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's so like Kasumi... out of all those possibilities she'd like to be a pet the most lmao

I was so impressed that Saku actually learned from her past mistakes and hid her creepy recordings. She can now predict Kasumi's moves! Too bad Kasumi still has no idea what personal space is and just took her recordings anyway lol (I do like that this implies that Kasumi really wanted to know more about Saku's music)

The entire conversation with the manager and the end result wrapped it up quite nicely. Kasumi can't explain how she feels about Sakurako well, but ultimately what she feels is just love. Saku only has to be there and she already feels happy. Whenever she is reminded of that she gets affectionate too. It's sweet.

The Kawawa family is scarily lax. Saku and Kakeru might be the only ones with common sense and even then Saku is a pushover...

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 4:17AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Seriously, I don't think any other manga has ever managed the tour de force 'A Room For Two' has successfully executed. We are at 6 volumes and about 5 years into the life of two girls intensely in love, and every development is a positive and uplifting one. No contrived conflicts here: no angst, no spats, no love triangles, no haters, no worries about gayness being wrong or unnatural or whatever, nothing but the simple happiness of loving each other and caring about each other with all their hearts. And it's one of the most exciting reads I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy, with nary a moment that feels tedious or repetitive or lacking in authenticity. Yukiko-sensei must have been blessed at birth by the yuri fairies with the gifts of brilliant storytelling and mastery of narrative pace and virtuosity at character development; there isn't any other explanation for this level of accomplishment. That's what I honestly believe.

There's no drama between Sakurako and Kasumi yet their story is still captivating. This manga is so unproblematic and one would think it'd be boring since it's just good times but the sweetness and affection shared between the Sakurako and Kasumi is just so enthralling. Sure, the side characters are there to provide some conflict but their dilemmas are usually resolved within the chapter so there's hardly any reason to fret.

Am I the only one who thinks what Sakurako described with her labels is "wife"?

I honestly think that even 'wife' isn't enough to describe their relationship. They're essentially each other's everything yet at the same time it's not unhealthy because they both bring something to their table.

As cheesy as it sounds maybe soulmate is more appropriate to describe their relationship since it won't be restricted by legalities and the like.

I do think the label holds some significance. It'd make me happy to see "partner who's something like my girlfriend" becomes just plain "girlfriend" (along with the other stuff still intact) before the manga's end. This is not to downplay the love for each other they've demonstrated all throughout the series, but just as kissing is a symbol of romance, so is stating or at least thinking concretely that the person you love is your girlfriend, at least to me.

I know a lot of people want even more profound confirmation but neither Kasumi or Sakurako need it because the two of them are secure with what they've found with each other. Besides, their personalities are hardly conventional so naturally they won't behave like a typical couple or follow the expected steps in a relationship.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

That's so like Kasumi... out of all those possibilities she'd like to be a pet the most lmao

I was so impressed that Saku actually learned from her past mistakes and hid her creepy recordings. She can now predict Kasumi's moves! Too bad Kasumi still has no idea what personal space is and just took her recordings anyway lol (I do like that this implies that Kasumi really wanted to know more about Saku's music)

The entire conversation with the manager and the end result wrapped it up quite nicely. Kasumi can't explain how she feels about Sakurako well, but ultimately what she feels is just love. Saku only has to be there and she already feels happy. Whenever she is reminded of that she gets affectionate too. It's sweet.

The Kawawa family is scarily lax. Saku and Kakeru might be the only ones with common sense and even then Saku is a pushover...

It's hard to argue personal space when your girlfriend low key stalks you for a hoard of pictures/recordings and anything else she can add to her "goddess" collection. As you once said before, she lets almost everything pass as long as it doesn't put her on a weird worship status.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's hard to argue personal space when your girlfriend low key stalks you for a hoard of pictures/recordings and anything else she can add to her "goddess" collection. As you once said before, she lets almost everything pass as long as it doesn't put her on a weird worship status.

I was just kidding. It might be odd to just grab your girlfriends's phone to browse her music to some, but Saku is pretty open about sharing everything with Kasumi. She never holds a grudge when Kasumi destroys her trophies of idolatry anyway.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Saku is pretty open about sharing everything with Kasumi. She never holds a grudge when Kasumi destroys her trophies of idolatry anyway.

I mean, there's always more from where that came from.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'm not entirely sure if they're very supportive, or just negligent.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, everything I could have said already has been said, so let me just lie here dead from the greatness of this latest addition...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This chapter made me smile despite a migraine. I've been waiting since the beginning of the series for a moment like this. Kasume kissed her! Kasume, who never shows interest in any sort of physical romantic intimacy, kissed Sakurako of her own volition! We've never seen anything even close to that before. That was awesome and adorable.

(✿◠‿◠)

Kasumi is often the one initiating physical intimacy, though? She initiated their first kiss, she did the "lying naked on your lap" thing. If you go back through the comments, somebody posted a series of links not too long ago, IIRC.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

What are Y'all talking about? They just explained their relationship and in 53. Like seriously Sakurako spelled out the exact nature of their relationship and the reason the don't label it before having a lie-down on Kasumi. And already resolved to be together forever. It's a frequent event, actually. All bases are covered at this point. All of them. They're in love, They're going to be together forever, they're accepted by each other's family as in-laws, they cuddle often, they kiss often enough tfor it to be casual.They flirt all the time,hold hands, sleep
in the same bed in lingerie. What more do you need?

^I absolutely agree with everything you said here, but to answer that last question:

I do think the label holds some significance. It'd make me happy to see "partner who's something like my girlfriend" becomes just plain "girlfriend" (along with the other stuff still intact) before the manga's end. This is not to downplay the love for each other they've demonstrated all throughout the series, but just as kissing is a symbol of romance, so is stating or at least thinking concretely that the person you love is your girlfriend, at least to me.

I feel like that line was mostly about Sakurako not wanting to overstep.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

After rereading 53 for lost count time, Kasumi still has her cat key chain for her house key and Saku takes a subtle shot at mangaka when Hina jokingly suggests it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Our married couple aside, it's funny to see this return
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch34#10
like this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53_5#2

As much as Hinako crushes over Kasumi, she really loves Saku too. Sometimes siblings can be jealous in the cutest ways.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

So I was reading the tags and, upon noticing the College tag, I started wondering how far the series would go.

Will we someday see Adult life? Maybe some Science babies musings in an extra? After this update I can totally see Marriage being handled similarly to their high school graduation, closing whichever book it happens in and giving airs of a series close that makes you wonder if it really is over.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

And then Sakurako immediately makes it weird, because of course she does.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Heh, well, all a pet has to do is eat, sleep, and sometimes play with her human, right?

I'd say Kasumi can handle those responsibilities just peachy.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I honestly think that even 'wife' isn't enough to describe their relationship. They're essentially each other's everything yet at the same time it's not unhealthy because they both bring something to their table.

As cheesy as it sounds maybe soulmate is more appropriate to describe their relationship since it won't be restricted by legalities and the like.

I know a lot of people want even more profound confirmation but neither Kasumi or Sakurako need it because the two of them are secure with what they've found with each other. Besides, their personalities are hardly conventional so naturally they won't behave like a typical couple or follow the expected steps in a relationship.

Yes! That's how deep their bond is. They both know how to make the other one happy, so why would they care about what's "conventional" by general norm? They don't need to explain anything to anyone.

One of the best exchanges in this chapter:

Kasumi says: "All I want to do in life is relax at home while eating delicious food."
Sakurako hugs her and immediately replies: "I'll work hard to earn a living!"

Just like that. Whatever Kasumi wants to do, Sakurako will work to support her. Because that's what she wants to do. Because Kasumi's happiness is her happiness as well. They are living their lives as they want to, they have the support of their friends and families, so what's there to worry about? That's all they need, societal expectations be damned.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And then Sakurako immediately makes it weird, because of course she does.

To be honest Saku is more likely to actually want to be a pet to Kasumi lol

Heh, well, all a pet has to do is eat, sleep, and sometimes play with her human, right?

I'd say Kasumi can handle those responsibilities just peachy.

Kasumi would make an exceptional cat.

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 12:10PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I swear, one of Yukiko-sensei's favorite games is trolling the "they're basically married but are they dating?" crowd.

Each new installment seems to bring some new example of the depth and longevity of the MC's relationship while withholding the kind of "evidence" the skeptics apparently are waiting for.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Significant Other apparently translates to hanryo. I think the the label for each other that fits best is Beloved One. Translates to Saiai no hito, I think?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I swear, one of Yukiko-sensei's favorite games is trolling the "they're basically married but are they dating?" crowd.

Each new installment seems to bring some new example of the depth and longevity of the MC's relationship while withholding the kind of "evidence" the skeptics apparently are waiting for.

... and by "evidence" they mean, to quote a previous post of yours, "the overt depiction of mutually administered orgasms" -- amirite?

Lol, this is not that kind of manga. Whatever naughty things Sakurako and Kasumi may do at night, in their shared bed, the author leaves it to our imagination. If that's what skeptics want to witness, in explicit detail, well... I'm afraid they are gonna hafta wait a long time. Yup.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Skeptics of what? Besides the semantics of the word “dating”, I don’t see any room for debate here.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's like they've been at it all along but the author just hasn't been showing any of it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This manga is a masterpiece. There isn't any other way of putting it.

Seriously, I don't think any other manga has ever managed the tour de force 'A Room For Two' has successfully executed. We are at 6 volumes and about 5 years into the life of two girls intensely in love, and every development is a positive and uplifting one. No contrived conflicts here: no angst, no spats, no love triangles, no haters, no worries about gayness being wrong or unnatural or whatever, nothing but the simple happiness of loving each other and caring about each other with all their hearts. And it's one of the most exciting reads I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy, with nary a moment that feels tedious or repetitive or lacking in authenticity. Yukiko-sensei must have been blessed at birth by the yuri fairies with the gifts of brilliant storytelling and mastery of narrative pace and virtuosity at character development; there isn't any other explanation for this level of accomplishment. That's what I honestly believe.

You're right, you're absolutely right. It is extraordinary.

Most people tend to assume conflict is the one major literary element without which a narrative structure cannot move forward, and expect to see a whole lot of it in any good story. Writers are often judged by how many points of conflict they include in a tale, how these conflicts are resolved, and how neatly and satisfyingly the closure is tied up. The ancient Greeks already held "agon" (the act of conflict) as the central unit of any plot; and, even today, many contemporary critics believe that conflict is the crucial feature of any literary creation -- or, in other words, that a story simply must have conflict as an indispensable source of tension and drama to hold the interest of the audience.

And, well, to all these people, I guess Yukiko-sensei would reply like this:

haha-ha haha-ha haha-ha ah-haa BLLLLL ah-haha

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Skeptics of what? Besides the semantics of the word “dating”, I don’t see any room for debate here.

For a long time this series has had a vocal group of readers who insisted that there was no yuri; that Kasumi and Sakurako were just friends and roommates and that was all. They were sufficiently noisy that they actually got the yuri tag removed and replaced with the subtext tag. It stayed that way for a long time, until finally the yuri became so blatant that the admins finally accepted it and put the tag back. That still did not completely silence that group, but over the last year or so they've been fading out. Perhaps they've found some other series to try to ruin.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Let me just point out that Kasumi still have the necklace she warned she could lost a few years ago, and I have feeling she never going to lost it at this point

I mean,there is still people who yell "Progress !" every time they show any sign of affection, as if it's never happened during the last 50 chapter, or that the other side couple are far ahead than them in progress because they are "official". I guess they are talking about this kind of skeptics

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

What a great way to start the week end. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.