Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

I guess Sakurako and Kasumi are just two lonely people that found each other.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

This...

... shot a thousand Cupid arrows thro my heart. <3 <3 <3

I think I'm taking Kasumi as mai waifu.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... shot a thousand Cupid arrows thro my heart. <3 <3 <3

I think I'm taking Kasumi as mai waifu.

Understandable, but don’t let Sakurako get wind of it . . .

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Putting cat ears on Kasumi and making her play and cuddle with cats?
The world isn't ready!

joined Jun 12, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch54#12

Guess we know where that sniffing cat business come from...

And with all these of mention marriage, unless the author get yuri blocked by her editor, I'm pretty sure we will get a marriage chapter one day, even if it's the very last chapter of the manga. There is no way it's not happening ! Please

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I thought Kasumi was kidding around when she said she wanted to be Saku's pet, but a simple pair of cat ears can shed new perspective on things. Now we only need her to meow...

joined Apr 6, 2019

I was thinking the same thing! I know very well that most people with cats don't have a habit to sniff their bellies, so I was curious as for where that crazy idea came from. Now we know.

And with all these of mention marriage, unless the author get yuri blocked by her editor, I'm pretty sure we will get a marriage chapter one day, even if it's the very last chapter of the manga

There was a proposal in this chapter. Saku flat out told Kasumi that she wants to marry her. Only things missing were the bended knee and the ring.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Only things missing were the bended knee and the ring.

Yeah, but we all know Kasumi will be the one to propose and it's gonna be super low-key.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Speaking of which...
Anyone knows what's the deal with that thing with buttons called an [Insert Name of Person Here] Switch? There's one button for each character in your name, and, afaict, you have to say something starting with that character when the button is pressed.
It looks like the sorta game they'd play in tv shows, so maybe it comes from there?

joined Mar 18, 2018

Sometimes i wounder who has it best? Kasumi who has Sakurako who is so dependable and adorable, or Sakurako who has Kasumi who is beautiful and... well she's easy going... ^^'

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 3:45PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I thought Kasumi was kidding around when she said she wanted to be Saku's pet, but a simple pair of cat ears can shed new perspective on things. Now we only need her to meow...

Sure, but don't be surprised if the manga end afterward because I'm pretty sure Sakurako wouldn't survive this

Only things missing were the bended knee and the ring.

Yeah, but we all know Kasumi will be the one to propose and it's gonna be super low-key.

She will probably propose just so she can eat the biggest wedding cake ever made

Sometimes i wounder who has it best? Sakurako who has Kasumi who is so dependable and adorable, or Kasumi who has Sakurako who is beautiful and... well she's easy going... ^^'

I think you mixed the character here, though theses description can fit both to a certain extent I guess

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 3:40PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

When did they start dating? I swear I´ve missed something XD
Are their kisses deleted scenes?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, it's hard to exactly pinpoint when. I doubt it's even possible to find a certain point. To me, it was more of a gradual transition or something, blurring the line between "friendship" and "dating", and in more ways than one. Like, take, for example, how Sakurako attempted to define their relationship here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5

They definitely haven't been dating from the first moment, yet they definitely are now.

Dafuq r u talkin bout? Do I literally need to browse through the manga again, this time searching for kissing scenes?

Also, returning to the first sentence of your comment:
Weren't all those extremely lewd and unprotected hand holding scenes I found in my re-read not convincing enough?

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 5:04PM

Av
joined May 25, 2015

To me, it was more of a gradual transition or something, blurring the line between "friendship" and "dating"

I find it funny that a lot of the drama we usually get in school life settings stems from this situation, with one or both sides worrying over where the line is and whether they should cross it. And then these girls just plow through it all, line be damned.

We even get the other couples' development as a contrast, with the girls acknowledging that there's no point in comparing themselves to these two.

joined Apr 6, 2019

When? Since the beginning, didn't they?
Looking through the older messages, I found this summary review of the first chapters of the manga. Everyone who commented it at the time approved it as a solid piece of work, so I think we can agree it gets down pat the gist of the story.

Sakurako is a baby lesbian, 14-15 in age, who is about to start high school. Her new school is an exclusive boarding school, so she has to get a room at the boarding house associated to the school. The house is set up for two people to a room, and Sakurako has yet to meet her new roommate. Then, the girl arrives... and Sakurako can't believe her eyes: she's an ABSOLUTE GODDESS! A stunning blonde beauty with the body of a supermodel, big firm boobs, flawlessly fair skin, perfect shapely legs, a sexy round butt and a face so pretty it's breathtaking! And yes, she's only 15, just like Sakurako. Our poor Sakurako is so stupefied she even wonders if they are the same species! Like, she's Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but Kasumi (that's her roommate's name) must be Homo Perfectis Divinis or something! Oh, and the first thing Kasumi does after entering their room is stripping to her panties and laying down on the tatami mats in a lazy, sexy pose... which doesn't exactly help Sakurako recover from her state of awed wonderment, lol.

As usual in Japan, their room comes empty; they are expected to bring the furniture and everything else themselves. So they go shopping for all the stuff they need. They are going to live for the next three years in that shared room, so there's a lot to buy! At the tableware department, Sakurako says they should get matching mugs with a heart design on the side (the sort of mugs typically used by lovers and newlyweds), then she goes: "Haha, just kidding, that was a joke!" But Kasumi says: "Sure, okay, let's buy that." That leaves Sakurako speechless, wondering if she really is reading right the signals Kasumi seems to be sending her. Then, at the bedding department, they face a dilemma: the room is too small for two beds, but Kasumi doesn't want to use futons. Sakurako says: "I know! I'll get a single bed, and you can sleep with me! Hahaha, a joke, that was just a joke; of course you wouldn't..." And Kasumi replies: "Good idea. We'll do just that." And Sakurako looks at her in utter astonishment, wondering if she's dreaming, feeling like she can't believe her good luck... because, after a statement like that, there's no more room for doubt and no more chance of misunderstanding: yes, Kasumi feels for her the same way she feels for Kasumi; yes, this amazing blonde goddess actually likes her and wants to have THAT kind of relationship with her!!!

This is a simple lesbian wish-fulfillment story focused on Sakurako and mostly told from her point of view. Of course, we get to see through Kasumi's eyes from time to time, but pretty much every chapter is about Sakurako doing everything she can to make Kasumi happy (which is often a heap of work, as Kasumi can be high-maintenance a lot of the time) and being rewarded with Kasumi's sweet love.

A lesbian fantasy with focus on Sakurako, who is living the lesbian dream life with an incredible beautiful partner who loves her for being honest, kind, sincere, a hard worker and a good cook. This is what it's been all about since chapter one when they became, not just a dating couple, but a couple living together in "a room for two" with one single bed. That I think is the accurate-est answer to the point in question.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I love the little details we are shown in the flashback. It just further proves how they complete each other.

No ones forcing their self to change nor does one need to ask anything from the other. They unknowingly provide each other what they need and want. It’s so freaking precious.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 6:35PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I feel like this love is still in the platonic stages, or the author maybe doesn’t think it’s necessary to depict kisses or anything sexual to prove it. I kinda appreciate the subtlety of it.

Except they literally kissed several times already.
I feel like people posting this stuff didn't actually read the manga. They come back after a long time and just read the most recent chapter and say "Wtf when did they start dating?"

That kinda happens when you skip stuff.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I feel like people posting this stuff didn't actually read the manga. They come back after a long time and just read the most recent chapter and say "Wtf when did they start dating?"

Sometimes I feel like there are whole sections of this story that must only be visible to a certain segment of the population, and those panels simply don’t even exist in the same space-time continuum as a number of other readers, who come in asking,”Like, is there ever going to be any progress with these two, or what?”

joined Mar 8, 2019

The art of subtlety is lost on some people.

There are those who will never be satisfied unless Sakurako and Kasumi sit down and talk about the nature of their relationship, which is something these two will never do because that messes with their characters and the over all flow of the story.

Also Sakurako and Kasumi’s relationship keeps being judged according to accepted social norms when it’s clear these two are anything but typical.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 6:57PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The art of subtlety is lost on some people.

There are those who will never be satisfied unless Sakurako and Kasumi sit down and talk about the nature of their relationship, which is something these two will never do because that messes with their characters and the over all flow of the story.

Funny you would mention that. They kinda did do that last chapter. Not in-depth or anything, but the result only lead to more confusion for some.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Funny you would mention that. They kinda did do that last chapter. Not in-depth or anything, but the result only lead to more confusion for some.

The conversation between them wasn’t typical.

It’s so them because it’s vague. They don’t say explicitly what they are to each other head on because that’s not in their nature.

They will never have that sit down “Am I your girlfriend or are we just roommates?/Are we dating?” convo. They won’t have a talk like Moka and Koruri had where they clearly define their relationship even though this is what usually happens in a relationship.

Kasumi and Sakurako’s relationship relies on subtlety and inference.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 7:12PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I was thinking the same thing! I know very well that most people with cats don't have a habit to sniff their bellies, so I was curious as for where that crazy idea came from. Now we know.

Actually, I've seen this in other manga, so it seems like it's a thing in japanese culture?

And with all these of mention marriage, unless the author get yuri blocked by her editor, I'm pretty sure we will get a marriage chapter one day, even if it's the very last chapter of the manga

There was a proposal in this chapter. Saku flat out told Kasumi that she wants to marry her. Only things missing were the bended knee and the ring.

Actually, thinking about it, it's kind of surprising that Saku hasn't suggested matching rings before.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Actually, thinking about it, it's kind of surprising that Saku hasn't suggested matching rings before.

Well, like Sakurako said, she wants to save up for their future. So maybe she doesn’t want promise rings. The day they put on matching rings will be the day they get married.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Well, it's hard to exactly pinpoint when. I doubt it's even possible to find a certain point. To me, it was more of a gradual transition or something, blurring the line between "friendship" and "dating", and in more ways than one. Like, take, for example, how Sakurako attempted to define their relationship here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5

They definitely haven't been dating from the first moment, yet they definitely are now.

I describe it as they -were- dating from the first moment, they just didn't realize it for awhile. Kasumi starts to catch on when she starts realizing how many matching things they have.

Dafuq r u talkin bout? Do I literally need to browse through the manga again, this time searching for kissing scenes?

First kiss happened on an insert, IIRC, and involved swapping candies First intentional kiss that was just a kiss was at the sakura viewing party, but Sakurako was drunk (but when sober indicated she wanted to kiss again) There was at least one kiss after that that was just sincere affection, the most recent was Kasumi kissing Sakurako hello when coming home from work, which is the most "these two are just fucking married" moment we've had.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

When two characters have casual conversations about their life plan and how long it'll take them to buy a house, doesn't arguing about whether they're "dating" seem kinda...superfluous?

To reply you must either login or sign up.