Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Methinks we need to quarantine this entire comment section.

We don’t know what will happen. Let’s wait and see why don’t we. Cause I’m excited to see what’ll happen next.

joined Apr 24, 2015

Wow! It's amazing how people can't understand the issue with following the leads as a couple.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

tictoc nerd posted:

tictoc nerd posted:

I don't understand why we're focusing on the point where our protagonist and friend are a couple, when we know they don't work out and are still friends, instead of the actual love story between the protagonist and short haired woman.

The original story skipped all this trash for a reason and had both characters say they never really dug each other romantically and were only interested because they found another lesbian.

Why waste our time on pointless filler when this filler has no impact on the love story we got a tiny glimpse of?

I am not reading any of this filler trash until the real romance starts. Wtf?

I am highly disappointed.

Your comment was so awful that I had to check your comment's history before replying just to make sure this wasn't a troll account, like, if you just want the damn oneshot that just goes and explodes IN ONE SHOT then go ahead and read it again! why are you here? what's the point of making a remake of a oneshot as oneshot again? because that's how it would look like if you skip the character's development... Oh wait, you call that fillers right?

The only good thing you said is that you won't be reading any more for the time being.

As for the chapter itself, it hurts me to see Saeko like that, I can imagine her pain and the trauma reacting like that and of course, my favorite part was being so happy to the point of tears when her friend was cool about it... You can tell all her fears disappearing there, well, the guy is still a fool but it's okay xP

try to understand what he said! it's already said that saeko is a bitche in the one shot and they broke up. so yeah i'm agree with this person! why this freaking author wasting our time over a painfull story knowing they will break up. this IS indeed filler damn it! when everyone expect to see WHAT HAPPENED AFTER the freaking break up here we go again with fucking past! and nothing would forbide the author making "character developement" like you said WITHOUT actually getting in the past and instead continuing the story where the one shot left! instead of making people wasting time over this useless break up! as if the one shot wasn't bitter enough! but no here we go wasting time over a doomed relationship when you could actually have character developement in a new one! are you people just masoshistics? or sadistics ??

lmaowut

terrible

Terrible enough to warrant a ban, imho.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Tldr those persons are assholes (I actually didn't have the patience to read what they wrote lol).
Anyway, this series is being really nice so far.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 10:20PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

You may count on your bros.

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

I really appreciate how mikkun reacted to saeko’s insecurities being projected on him. He could’ve taken offense or something and gone with that cold “Oh,huh,and?” response, but instead he was mature and thoughtful as to perceive that her reaction was a defense mechanism and to guess that she probably had it rough in the past. We need more people acting like that irl.

last edited at Dec 15, 2018 11:03PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This series really is very good.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

not all prequels are bad yeah! but this one is USELESS!! it's just a waste of time particularly for those who where expecting a sequel of what happen next why botherin g reminding the reader a shitty past when NOTHING matter because of this FAKE relationship seriously? there storie just lead to NOWHERE! so why the author still making us waste time over those two? and it's completly possible to make this developemetn throught little flachbacks in the continuation instead of a long shitty story only to add more content! stop wasting time with those two that's all i ask to this author! "bad end are more fullfilling" SINCE WHEN a manga is suposed to be "fullfilling? it's supposed to be fun to read! you want to feel fulfiled? go get a life instead of searching being fullfiled by manga!

So most of what I would say to this has already been covered by other people, but I want to add something very specific.

Not everything is about you.

You don't like this story? You're entitled. You don't want to see what happened to these two in the past? Nobody says you have to care.

So go away.

Not everybody has read the one shot. Not everybody that has read the one shot feels the way you feel about seeing more of the background of these characters.

This is a story about a relationship between these two characters. They may not end up together. But not everybody hangs the entire worth of a story on the outcome. It can still be, to us, an interesting story about a relationship that didn't work out. If you don't want to read that, you are free to not read it.

joined Apr 12, 2015

Can't we call a mod here and delete the whinings of children and start a nice, kind, polite discussion of whatever the actual chapters are about? Like for example, that MVP of a friend: Mikkun. Or how Saeko deals with her trauma/ bad past by making herself a villain so Miwa don't get subjected to those real nasty comments her middle school ex had to endure? Just my two cents.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Regardless of whether the outcome of their relationship is the same as in the one-shot, it's clear that these two are good for each other at this point in their lives. They both need someone to help them grow into a person who is comfortable being out.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Plus if they break up... They can actually come back together at some point, you know? THAT HAPPENS! in real life, A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT but whatever, you know? I'm enjoying these developments in the present, I'll worry about their future when it comes.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What I find interesting is the hints that Saeko's insecurities could damage their relationship. She acts unilaterally to "defend" Miwa, just assuming that she too wants to keep their relationship a secret. Miwa at first seems unable to correct Saeko's assumptions. It looks like it got straightened out this chapter, but it's the first sign of a breakdown in communication between, which could lead to other things.

I think that's a fairly common reason for relationships to break down. Two people bring their own baggage and their own trauma, and if they can't find a way to communicate and work through that, then things fall apart.

last edited at Dec 17, 2018 3:31PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It's cool to finally have a story with the characters communicating and growing in some areas, but failing in others. It's a huge maturity upgrade over most other series I've read, where we feel like the whole plot/drama/whatever would be solved if the characters just spoke with one another.

Definitely still enjoying this one.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Are people reading different comics?? It's pretty obvious that this is very different from the one-shot, specifically in how Saeko feels about the relationship. Also, Saeko wasn't a bad person in the one-shot--both she and Miwa are simply having difficulties navigating a heteronormative world. Which is sort of the point: the theme of both the serial and one-shot is "queer dating is hard, so you have to do it in good faith".

PS - To be clear, what I mean wrt Saeko is that just because they broke up in the one-shot doesn't mean they'll break up in the serial. It's pretty clear that serial!Saeko is smitten with Miwa and has been holding back because she though Miwa was straight, compared to oneshot!Saeko who wanted to date Miwa out of mutual convenience (which isn't a criticism of Saeko, just an observation of different motivations).

last edited at Dec 24, 2018 1:06PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm not convinced that the breakup can be separated from the pair's characterisation, and I think the author would be completely nuts to abandon the wisdom and inspiration behind the one-shot. I expect a slightly bittersweet but mainly BFF ending.

and what kind of a monster would call either of these two a bad person :(

last edited at Dec 24, 2018 2:04PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Are people reading different comics?? It's pretty obvious that this is very different from the one-shot, specifically in how Saeko feels about the relationship. Also, Saeko wasn't a bad person in the one-shot--both she and Miwa are simply having difficulties navigating a heteronormative world. Which is sort of the point: the theme of both the serial and one-shot is "queer dating is hard, so you have to do it in good faith".

PS - To be clear, what I mean wrt Saeko is that just because they broke up in the one-shot doesn't mean they'll break up in the serial. It's pretty clear that serial!Saeko is smitten with Miwa and has been holding back because she though Miwa was straight, compared to oneshot!Saeko who wanted to date Miwa out of mutual convenience (which isn't a criticism of Saeko, just an observation of different motivations).

Eh, I think we're getting a closer look at what Saeko and Miwa actually went through in the one shot. It's possible they might not break up in this, or it's possible that them breaking up isn't actually the end of their story. But I got the sense from the one-shot that Saeko was in the process of moving on because she felt like Miwa never really had faith in the relationship.

Either way, it's about the journey, not the destination, and I'm just enjoying the way these characters bounce off each other.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

God, that fucking “Noot Noot” from the penguins.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Hehe why u still reading this story that has a terrible ending huh? They both are lesbians xd but their end is horrible...I'm not reading this story (I preferred pass it and forget) but you're hurting yourself reading this xd...if u like it, go on xd

joined Jan 10, 2017

Hehe why u still reading this story that has a terrible ending huh? They both are lesbians xd but their end is horrible...I'm not reading this story (I preferred pass it and forget) but you're hurting yourself reading this xd...if u like it, go on xd

I don't get people who sprinkle obnoxious text emotes in their writing. The heck is "xd" supposed to convey?

joined Jul 24, 2018

I don't get people who sprinkle obnoxious text emotes in their writing. The heck is "xd" supposed to convey?

Try and understand, he clearly lacks the linguistic ability to express himself properly and thus needs to use emotes to compensate.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'm just following this waiting for them to brake up and the kohai to make her apperance

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t get the “together at the end” junkies—not even “happy ending” junkies, necessarily, but the ones who think that when any two lesbians are together in a story, they need to be together at the end, no matter how clearly the story shows that being together is not actually a good outcome for the characters. Otherwise, the story is “trash,” “useless,” they feel betrayed by the author, etc.

Meanwhile, stories that handwave away every problem and conflict in order to get to “together ever after,” no matter how perfunctory or preposterous the solutions, are regarded as masterpieces of “feels.”

Well, I kind of do get them, actually, but I really don’t get the subset of them who feel compelled to write aggressive, obnoxious, (and usually barely literate) attacks on people who don’t share their priorities.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Yeah, we need an Insane Amounts of Sex tag on this chapter pronto!

last edited at Jan 17, 2019 11:18PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Nature is lewd man, they fuck like animals.

For me I'd like them to be a couple in the end simply because they behave like an actual couple and deal with/dealing with
actual couple problems.
Also, that damn skank I hope she didn't throw a wrench into everything. Ughh.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uhh, that blonde is a little messed up in the head, what a shitty advise she gave.

To reply you must either login or sign up.