Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Apr 22, 2014

Adults! Doing adult things (like dealing with their emotions and fears in a mature way)!
So great ;_;

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Wow, I really felt her tears on page 17, knowing you have support from a friend after doubting everyone and getting closed off from the world feels really good and relieving

joined Jan 14, 2015

This series is really rocketing up my favorite list, every new chapter is really good and this one felt very real, at least to my experiences. It's nice when a coming out isn't a big over-dramatic moment but isn't brushed off for comedy. Just friends learning about each other and supporting each other. Nice!

joined Apr 29, 2018

tictoc nerd posted:

tictoc nerd posted:

I don't understand why we're focusing on the point where our protagonist and friend are a couple, when we know they don't work out and are still friends, instead of the actual love story between the protagonist and short haired woman.

The original story skipped all this trash for a reason and had both characters say they never really dug each other romantically and were only interested because they found another lesbian.

Why waste our time on pointless filler when this filler has no impact on the love story we got a tiny glimpse of?

I am not reading any of this filler trash until the real romance starts. Wtf?

I am highly disappointed.

Your comment was so awful that I had to check your comment's history before replying just to make sure this wasn't a troll account, like, if you just want the damn oneshot that just goes and explodes IN ONE SHOT then go ahead and read it again! why are you here? what's the point of making a remake of a oneshot as oneshot again? because that's how it would look like if you skip the character's development... Oh wait, you call that fillers right?

The only good thing you said is that you won't be reading any more for the time being.

As for the chapter itself, it hurts me to see Saeko like that, I can imagine her pain and the trauma reacting like that and of course, my favorite part was being so happy to the point of tears when her friend was cool about it... You can tell all her fears disappearing there, well, the guy is still a fool but it's okay xP

try to understand what he said! it's already said that saeko is a bitche in the one shot and they broke up. so yeah i'm agree with this person! why this freaking author wasting our time over a painfull story knowing they will break up. this IS indeed filler damn it! when everyone expect to see WHAT HAPPENED AFTER the freaking break up here we go again with fucking past! and nothing would forbide the author making "character developement" like you said WITHOUT actually getting in the past and instead continuing the story where the one shot left! instead of making people wasting time over this useless break up! as if the one shot wasn't bitter enough! but no here we go wasting time over a doomed relationship when you could actually have character developement in a new one! are you people just masoshistics? or sadistics ??

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 3:22AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

tictoc nerd posted:

tictoc nerd posted:

I don't understand why we're focusing on the point where our protagonist and friend are a couple, when we know they don't work out and are still friends, instead of the actual love story between the protagonist and short haired woman.

The original story skipped all this trash for a reason and had both characters say they never really dug each other romantically and were only interested because they found another lesbian.

Why waste our time on pointless filler when this filler has no impact on the love story we got a tiny glimpse of?

Your comment was so awful that I had to check your comment's history before replying just to make sure this wasn't a troll account, like, if you just want the damn oneshot that just goes and explodes IN ONE SHOT then go ahead and read it again! why are you here? what's the point of making a remake of a oneshot as oneshot again? because that's how it would look like if you skip the character's development... Oh wait, you call that fillers right?

The only good thing you said is that you won't be reading any more for the time being.

As for the chapter itself, it hurts me to see Saeko like that, I can imagine her pain and the trauma reacting like that and of course, my favorite part was being so happy to the point of tears when her friend was cool about it... You can tell all her fears disappearing there, well, the guy is still a fool but it's okay xP

try to understand what he said! it's already said that saeko is a bitche in the one shot and they broke up. so yeah i'm agree with this person! why this freaking author wasting our time over a painfull story knowing they will break up. this IS indeed filler damn it! when everyone expect to see WHAT HAPPENED AFTER the freaking break up here we go again with fucking past! and nothing would forbide the author making "character developement" like you said WITHOUT actually getting in the past and instead continuing the story where the one shot left! instead of making people wasting time over this useless break up! as if the one shot wasn't bitter enough! but no here we go wasting time over a doomed relationship when you could actually have character developement in a new one! are you people just masoshistics? or sadistics ??

lmaowut

terrible

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 3:59AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

ikr? I literally can't even.

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

tictoc nerd posted:

tictoc nerd posted:

lmaowut

terrible

Backstory/Prequels = Filler Trash
um......how does one began to even?

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 5:16AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Breakups happen. Even for lesbians. Even for cute couples.

At least, they won't turn heterosexual after their breakup.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I'm actually interested to see how they ended up breaking up. not all yuri couples need a happily ever after. I just like how realistic and simple this manga is without any exaggerated drama. Even in the oneshot the break up was realistic and I'd still want to see the full version of it.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 6:27AM

Download
joined May 10, 2016

I've read many Yuri and this is the first time I've read something so near to the reality, the couple are cute and they have their own personality I really do love everything in this Manga!

They seem like they are developing a really genuine romantic connection in this series, as opposed to the more sort of platonic-vibe the one-shot gives, so I'm hopeful for a happy ending!

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Why is it a given that the series has to have the same ending as the one shot?

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Mikkun playing the ladder game bc there was weird tension but he wanted to show that everything was okay (sob of friendship)

Why is it a given that the series has to have the same ending as the one shot?

I don't think it's a given necessarily, but I feel like it's a natural assumption to make that it will be largely similar to the source material (including the ending), so I see why a lot of people think it'll end the same way as the original story. I'm more optimistic though, and I'm hopeful that it'll end with them together

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

tictoc nerd posted:

So... you saying prequels and developments are absolutely pointless and no one should ever bother with them?
That's like saying Monsters University is a crappy film that should never have been created simply because it's pure filler and any character development involved in a prequel should be ignored and thrown in the trash. (I would find it insulting if you really thought that about MU)

With that mindset of yours, I'm not sure how you survive reading/watching through flashbacks and backstories (that hide important details most of the time) in other stories.
Actually, I'm not sure why you even bother reading/watching stories at all. Not all stories need to end on a high note full of fluff. Down to earth stories like this one, regardless of good or bad end, are much more fulfilling than most people realize.

Besides, whoever said that just because two people decided that they were better off as friends means that a story would automatically turn into a tragic end? And who said that Miwa and Saeko's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT would not be important for what happens after they break up?

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 10:46AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

With this chapter and the Kase's update I'm eating my table. How can you leave the manga like that???? How much we need to wait??? AHGHHHHHHHHHH jumps from a window

joined Apr 29, 2018

So... you saying prequels and developments are absolutely pointless and no one should ever bother with them?
That's like saying Monsters University is a crappy film that should never have been created simply because it's pure filler and any character development involved in a prequel should be ignored and thrown in the trash. (I would find it insulting if you really thought that about MU)

With that mindset of yours, I'm not sure why you even bother reading/watching stories at all. Not all stories need to end on a high note full of fluff. Down to earth stories like this one, regardless of good or bad end, are much more fulfilling than most people realize.

Besides, whoever said that just because two people decided that they were better off as friends means that a story would automatically turn into a tragic end? And who said that Miwa and Saeko's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT would not be important for what happens after they break up?

not all prequels are bad yeah! but this one is USELESS!! it's just a waste of time particularly for those who where expecting a sequel of what happen next why botherin g reminding the reader a shitty past when NOTHING matter because of this FAKE relationship seriously? there storie just lead to NOWHERE! so why the author still making us waste time over those two? and it's completly possible to make this developemetn throught little flachbacks in the continuation instead of a long shitty story only to add more content! stop wasting time with those two that's all i ask to this author! "bad end are more fullfilling" SINCE WHEN a manga is suposed to be "fullfilling? it's supposed to be fun to read! you want to feel fulfiled? go get a life instead of searching being fullfiled by manga!

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 10:54AM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

i think all of you, including the people i agree with, are forgetting that this manga isn't a 'prequel' or anything. it was a small-run limited interest yuri self-published doujinshi, that all of you only read bc the western yuri sphere is small and it got translated, that then got picked up as a pilot proof of concept by one of the most popular manga apps in japan to be expanded into a full series where tmfly can write whatever the fuck she wants instead of fitting an entire idea into a small comic that she was paying herself to print.

the primary jp audience for this series haven't read the original doujin, and aren't exposed to a million comments arguing about it every time a chapter drops. its a new thing for them

it's like saying 'fuck this writer for expanding a short story they wrote in high school into a book series!!' like... uh yeah? thats what first drafts/pilots/proofs of concepts are

(and tmfly already did a couple of direct sequels to the original doujin, so check those out if you're so inclined instead of just whining.)

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 11:26AM

joined Jan 31, 2013

With that mindset of yours, I'm not sure why you even bother reading/watching stories at all. Not all stories need to end on a high note full of fluff. Down to earth stories like this one, regardless of good or bad end, are much more fulfilling than most people realize.

not all prequels are bad yeah! but this one is USELESS!! it's just a waste of time particularly for those who where expecting a sequel of what happen next why botherin g reminding the reader a shitty past when NOTHING matter because of this FAKE relationship seriously? there storie just lead to NOWHERE! so why the author still making us waste time over those two? and it's completly possible to make this developemetn throught little flachbacks in the continuation instead of a long shitty story only to add more content! stop wasting time with those two that's all i ask to this author! "bad end are more fullfilling" SINCE WHEN a manga is suposed to be "fullfilling? it's supposed to be fun to read! you want to feel fulfiled? go get a life instead of searching being fullfiled by manga!

This story has always been about Miwa and Saeko, I don't understand why you would think otherwise. The world isn't full of rainbows and sunshine even in manga. Breakup happens and acting like this over a breakup in manga is immature. This past that they had is anything but tragic since it's the past that lets them grow as a person.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

I don’t get people who hung up on the one shot ending, yes they broke up... so what? Have you ever broke up? It last for a fucking minute in the scope of somebody’s entire life. Why are you so concerned about a manga break up? Nobody fucking cares if you break up irl, it’s embarassing to be this combative over fictional one.
There’s this sobering story to enjoy and well crafted characters to appreciate. Sorry your fetishization of lesbian manga girls is not validated here perhaps create your own?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Miwa's role model she's modeled her hair and styles after - Ringo Shiina's "Honnou."
I just want to be with you tonight.
I know that you want to be in my bed.
We are both lonely,
No one blames us for licking our wounds
Nobody, nothing can be blamed
When the threads come undone,
I begin to have doubts about life..

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think if you removed your head from your anus and thought about it for a few minutes then you might understand that this is a story about Saeko and Miwa. I don't really know why you expected it to start up from where the oneshot left off. For all we know, it'll end at the same point, right after they break up.

I feel like you're just desperate for some fairy tale happy ending where the characters find true love. That might still happen, but that's obviously not what this story is about. However, you're in luck! There are plenty of yuri stories that cater to that exact desire. In fact, basically all of them do! You could read literally anything else and get exactly what you desire. And then you won't be forced to waste your valuable time reading something you clearly don't understand or care about.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

The outcome in the one-shot does not necessarily mean that this will end up the same way. Even if it does, it will tell a more complete story. We get to see their relationship develop and change. They were still good friends at the end of the one shot, I mean...I kinda want to know what happens.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

not all prequels are bad yeah! but this one is USELESS!! it's just a waste of time particularly for those who where expecting a sequel of what happen next why botherin g reminding the reader a shitty past when NOTHING matter because of this FAKE relationship seriously? there storie just lead to NOWHERE! so why the author still making us waste time over those two?

You act like every single story should have a happy ending and anything that's not a happy ending is worthless. Da fuq

joined Jan 14, 2015

Even if their relationship ends with a mutual break up I enjoy seeing these characters grow and learn about each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.