Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

That last scene surprised me tbh. I wonder how they will react to the guy having seen the kiss.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

RIP!!!!

joined Mar 5, 2016

Sniff, I was looking for other stuff by tmfly (the author) and found this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/selfish_girlfriends

It's a "So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?" doujinshi. That's right, the author drew a doujinshi of her own manga. This is the opening page:

So...

Their 'doomed compromise of a relationship' it is...

Why, author, why?!? Waaah, so sad...

it's really not that sad. it isn't like they crash and burn out of their hellish disaster relationship, nor do they fucken die or anything. one person cries a little because that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do even after a mutually agreed, organic and benevolent breakup. they stay friends and by all appearances wingmates afterwards! they lead the rest of their lives having had a healthy growing experience that taught them the courage to get out of their shells!

that they grew out of their relationship and kept moving forward is part of why the original one-shot was so refreshing and the full comic does not seem to be lacking in that emotional depth. fluff is great but this comic clearly aims for crunch so i think people are best off accepting that and enjoying it for its sheer quality so far.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'll be really disappointed if the ending's different, honestly. A breakup that painless and friendly is so rare in these stories, it was really refreshing and nice.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I can’t stand Saeko, but I don’t know really why. I would rather see an ending where it’s the other way around, where Miwa finds someone else first and Saeko sees them in public

She's quite a character, no? Doesn't seem like she jives with everyone she meets. Or even everyone who reads this story!

I like the pacing.
Interesting how Miwa's first kiss didn't line up with the expectations she had when she was younger.
This has been a real good read.

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

I have a hard time believing that anyone genuinely freaking out has read the oneshot, much less the postscript. Natural relationship drama is cool, and to be brutally honest this sort of setup has magnitudes more actual relationship writing than a "will they/won't they" story with a fluffy happy ending.

last edited at Oct 13, 2018 12:31AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I feel like every time I enter this thread, there's some new comment about how people who don't want them to break up are FAKE FANS who can't appreciate REALISTIC WRITING. I'm glad this series is bring something new to the table, but at the same time, I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to want them to stay together (even though that's not gonna happen). It's always a little sad when things don't work out, even when the break up is amicable, and it's doubly so here where you have two characters that you're invested in that have a good dynamic with each other. The problems in their relationship weren't too widely exposited on in the one-shots outside of "they just didn't really go well together", so I'm sure public opinion will shift a bit when the series goes more in-depth about their incompatibilities.

Basically, I think we all should just enjoy this thing instead of drawing lines in the sand about who is and is not enjoying it correctly.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel like every time I enter this thread, there's some new comment about how people who don't want them to break up are FAKE FANS who can't appreciate REALISTIC WRITING. I'm glad this series is bring something new to the table, but at the same time, I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to want them to stay together (even though that's not gonna happen). It's always a little sad when things don't work out, even when the break up is amicable, and it's doubly so here where you have two characters that you're invested in that have a good dynamic with each other. The problems in their relationship weren't too widely exposited on in the one-shots outside of "they just didn't really go well together", so I'm sure public opinion will shift a bit when the series goes more in-depth about their incompatibilities.

Basically, I think we all should just enjoy this thing instead of drawing lines in the sand about who is and is not enjoying it correctly.

Thanks for writing that, was starting to get miffed. I'm gonna add that after they inevitably break up, things could still happen that didn't happen in the one shot. They're young and while they might be incompatible now, that doesn't mean they always will be.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh lord I really hope this doesn’t go like in the oneshot, they’re so cute and the sense of melancholy distance would fuck me up, can we get some realistic lesbians with a happy ending in this world? Is that too much to ask? I almost feel a sense of dread getting attached to these characters.

I'm fine with that. I honestly hardly ever care if the characters in a story end up together forever. What I want, more often than not, is a story that makes me believe they go together. Or if they don't, then one that explains why they don't go together.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Definitely refreshing. So refreshing. ...I feel like I've been starving for a story featuring more mature relationship handling (or consequences of mishandling). And I'm not a fan of either of character, ha-ha. I'm just looking forward to the experience.

A good one so far.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

You know what i've accepted it. Whether they end up together or not, what they have going on right now is so fcking cuteee

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

People that don't want them to breakup are wanting to miss out on an awesome eventual series where a band has two lesbian exes. Now, wanting them to eventually get back together is a different issue. But the mangaka clearly stated the original concept for this one-shot and series was another proposed manga set in the future where they're having to deal with being in a band and having a history and perhaps some unresolved issues - the short-haired one clearly didn't want things to end when they did. I think that proposed manga sounds awesome, so I am therefore personally looking forward to them breaking up.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can't remember them now but Shiina Ringo has done a lot of lesbian themed songs.

joined Apr 24, 2015

I don't understand why we're focusing on the point where our protagonist and friend are a couple, when we know they don't work out and are still friends, instead of the actual love story between the protagonist and short haired woman.

The original story skipped all this trash for a reason and had both characters say they never really dug each other romantically and were only interested because they found another lesbian.

Why waste our time on pointless filler when this filler has no impact on the love story we got a tiny glimpse of?

I am not reading any of this filler trash until the real romance starts. Wtf?

I am highly disappointed.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh gosh, every time a new chapter comes out, I always think to myself “I really really like this series”

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

I don't understand why we're focusing on the point where our protagonist and friend are a couple, when we know they don't work out and are still friends, instead of the actual love story between the protagonist and short haired woman.

The original story skipped all this trash for a reason and had both characters say they never really dug each other romantically and were only interested because they found another lesbian.

Why waste our time on pointless filler when this filler has no impact on the love story we got a tiny glimpse of?

Trash? You really have a poor taste in good stories. GET OUT!

joined Nov 21, 2017

Man I really like this writing! So real life

Bread
joined Mar 29, 2013

Honestly, this chapter was probably my favorite so far- so much so that the series has officially been added to my favorites list.

Thanks for the update.

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Very enjoyable series. Great characters, and good writing and humor. Do hope they stay together, or at least get back together after the initial break-up. I want the ship to sail one way or another by the end, dammit!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

tictoc nerd posted:

tictoc nerd posted:

Your comment was so awful that I had to check your comment's history before replying just to make sure this wasn't a troll account, like, if you just want the damn oneshot that just goes and explodes IN ONE SHOT then go ahead and read it again! why are you here? what's the point of making a remake of a oneshot as oneshot again? because that's how it would look like if you skip the character's development... Oh wait, you call that fillers right?

The only good thing you said is that you won't be reading any more for the time being.

As for the chapter itself, it hurts me to see Saeko like that, I can imagine her pain and the trauma reacting like that and of course, my favorite part was being so happy to the point of tears when her friend was cool about it... You can tell all her fears disappearing there, well, the guy is still a fool but it's okay xP

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 11:04PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really like that they're developing the characters. It's nice to see the different ways two people view their relationship, and whether they're able to overcome their differences or not. Since we know (or at least can guess) how it'll end, we can pick out minor flaws or insecurities and wonder how they'll grow into an irreconcilable gulf between them.

Sometimes it's as simple as "I thought I loved her, but really she was just a friend I wanted to fuck", but even then I think you can ask the question "Why? Why was she just a friend, and not someone you could love?" And good drama can be made out of attempting to answer that question.

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 11:12PM

joined Jan 10, 2017

It's really refreshing how authentic the characters and feelings are here. Very non-trope-y with them acting human and inconsistent while still being eminently likable.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

People discussing their feelings frankly and clearing up misunderstandings before they snowball into absurdities. Preposterous. What is this author thinking.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 12:37AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

ADULTS! ADULT THINGS!
Also, I hope when the bust down that door they start singing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9iYm9PEAHg

Ei5g7hjuyaex8sc
joined Jul 7, 2015

when they show the panel of Saeko tearing up after Mikkun expresses his support for her fuck, why am i crying in the club rn.

To reply you must either login or sign up.