Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

This is why I love this girl, imagine how many fucking years Sasameki koto would've lasted if not for her }

Maybe the author of this is a fan of Sasameki Koto and she hated how the crossdressing kid didn't found love so she made this manga in hopes of finding love for that kid.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's like one of those stories that could have been resolved in one page if one character just speaks their mind already.

You mean 90% of yuri?

Hell, 90% of romance, comedy, and drama too. Even a good chunk of action movies.

I wanna share this with soooo much people... It's the truth xD 90% are like this and we can still enjoy them, I don't think it's a bad thing, and even less if we have in consideration real problems usually are for the same thing, for not speak what we think.

Also, I'm not into yaoi, but they are so cute together o.o

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 1:18PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

My heart still hurts everytime I think about NnA. It was one of my favorites till been cancelled...

I blame most of the yuri fandom. Lets face it, most of the fandom just want to see girls kissing and banging. People don't care about a solid plot. That's why Citrus is so popular, the plot is boring, but as long as girls are banging every now and then people will read it. But taste is subjective so there is nothing we can do about it. The most popular will survive.

.....there's no banging in Citrus though?

I know, seriously. I see this all the time, and every time I'm like: "But...But they've never had sex. Not once."

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Look at all the yaoi

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe the author of this is a fan of Sasameki Koto and she hated how the crossdressing kid didn't found love so she made this manga in hopes of finding love for that kid.

Didn't the epilogue heavily imply he got together with the German girl?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I'm usually a person who likes to support manga getting translated for sale here even if I've already read it online to support the genre, since I got to read it for free to begin with, but this is one of the few exceptions where it just had such a cruddy ending I can't.

Kobayashi's dragon maid is another but that's because was just upsetting and way too fanservicey for me.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

This is sad that the yaoi conclusion is more fleshed out than the yuri conclusion.

Of course the extras are all bout the yaoi couple
:(

At least you know now what the author likes more.

I wonder if a new tag should be made
Since this has the yuri tag, but it's not completed. If anything, the yaoi couple takes the spotlight

joined Jul 30, 2014

I like the part where the two boys are hot for each other.

Come to think of it, yuri falls into the "rebellious youth" category but yaoi get a pass...

When two girls look at each other, chat and hold hands it is interpreted first as friendship.
When two boys do the same, it is yaoi.

This is the kind of bias there is in the media. It's a shame, but at least things are getting better for Yuri.

Back to this series, where should I start.
The author clearly did not have the skills write a coherent plot, but worse enough, couldn't bring a clear resolve that at least wraps up into a satisfying ending. It was stupid to advertise this series as a girls love when the writing was so poor, that they couldn't even write what the plot was about. It was a constant circle jerk into nothing.

The side yaoi is clearly obvious and convenient that it should've been about them. Still, even the side yaoi was all just circle jerking, cheap slapstick humor. It just consists of one of them dressing girly and flirting while the other just blushes and "cut end, repeat". Not once is it stated that they go on a date or love or kiss or have sex. This is just incompetent writing and I'm actually glad it "ended".

joined Jun 30, 2015

Should've just made the story about the yaoi, with the sister and her friends as a side story. Easier on the writer.

Yanyan2s
joined Jun 3, 2014

I sit here acting like I cannot believe this unsatisfactory ending but deep down... :'>

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This was a really cute little update. Lol, when I saw this was updated my initial reaction was fear this chapter would be about the girls.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

koyot3 posted:

Back to this series, where should I start.
The author clearly did not have the skills write a coherent plot, but worse enough, couldn't bring a clear resolve that at least wraps up into a satisfying ending. It was stupid to advertise this series as a girls love when the writing was so poor, that they couldn't even write what the plot was about. It was a constant circle jerk into nothing.

Hmmm? it was about a very hard love triangle, and giving the chance, it would've been better but it was axed and no doubt thanks to pushing so much yaoi in the middle of a very complex yuri plot in development imo... I think the yaoi part it's okay AS SPIN OFF.

But it wasn't bad writing, it was just rushed ending, for me this series still has one of the best character I've seen, which is Kotooka... Her burdens, her suffering, her decisions and all made sense to the point that when she was hurt, I was hurt too, so I couldn't really like Nadeshiko at the end because after all, Kotooka knows more than anyone else there what is like to love another girl and seeing Nadeshiko trying to get so close so easily must be painful and in the other hand Tsukasa was just going through a phase after all, and Kotooka knew all that and still had to deal with ways to keep everyone together while the others would selfishly try to push their own desires even if it means changing or ruining their friendship forever.

ANYWAY, I don't want to discuss this anymore, IT'S A SHAME it was axed, but it wasn't bad writing, just bad choices in direction.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 1:23PM

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

It was bad writing, author had plenty of time to go somewhere and didn't.

joined Jun 12, 2015

When an author needs 50+ pages to say something trivial. It is a bad writing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

PolizPolice posted:

It was bad writing, author had plenty of time to go somewhere and didn't.

because it went to yaoi

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

But it wasn't bad writing, it was just rushed ending, for me this series still has one of the best character I've seen, which is Kotooka... Her burdens, her suffering, her decisions and all made sense to the point that when she was hurt, I was hurt too, so I couldn't really like Nadeshiko at the end because after all, Kotooka knows more than anyone else there what is like to love another girl and seeing Nadeshiko trying to get so close so easily must be painful and in the other hand Tsukasa was just going through a phase after all, and Kotooka knew all that and still had to deal with ways to keep everyone together while the others would selfishly try to push their own desires even if it means changing or ruining their friendship forever.

YES, SOMEONE WHO STANDS KOTOOKA TOO. I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT THANK YOU! You say what I think *_*

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

I want Nadeshiko to end up with Tsukasa -crys in japanese-

Aik9sev_frame_0001
joined May 2, 2015

I want Nadeshiko to end up with Tsukasa -crys in japanese-

nods

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

and in the other hand Tsukasa was just going through a phase after all

That is the single thing that made this series crap for me.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Serenata posted:

She wasn't going through a phase, she just had a love that didn't work out, and at the end, she takes the first step towards getting over it.

Just because it's implied that she has a boyfriend down the road doesn't mean her feelings towards Nadeshiko weren't real. Bisexuality is a thing.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

People are way too hard on this series. I found it to be an exceptionally cute series about five young people in a pretty brutal romantic circumstance. I get why some people feel the ending was rushed, but calling it crap doesn't seem fair to me.. Kotooka had to overcome her past trauma and get over her fear of losing her friendships, Nadeshiko had to decide what she needed to do to be satisfied with herself, Tsukasa had to come to grips with the fact that her feelings are unrequited so she could properly move on, Subaru needed to realize that he can care about and have relationships with people other than Tsukasa, and Asakura needed to recognize that he's attracted to Subaru as well. They all overcame their basic stumbling blocks to moving forward, so the manga ends with the potential of their futures in front of them.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Heavensrun posted:

Serenata posted:

She wasn't going through a phase, she just had a love that didn't work out, and at the end, she takes the first step towards getting over it.

Except even in the series it is said it was just a phase.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

People are way too hard on this series. I found it to be an exceptionally cute series about five young people in a pretty brutal romantic circumstance. I get why some people feel the ending was rushed, but calling it crap doesn't seem fair to me.. Kotooka had to overcome her past trauma and get over her fear of losing her friendships, Nadeshiko had to decide what she needed to do to be satisfied with herself, Tsukasa had to come to grips with the fact that her feelings are unrequited so she could properly move on, Subaru needed to realize that he can care about and have relationships with people other than Tsukasa, and Asakura needed to recognize that he's attracted to Subaru as well. They all overcame their basic stumbling blocks to moving forward, so the manga ends with the potential of their futures in front of them.

Agreed, but it doesn't have enough of an obvious yuri end for most people on this site. So long as there is a shared focus on het/yaoi couples on here, people are a lot more prone to nitpicking and overreacting to things that otherwise would be ignored.

That being said, it is a rushed ending, but there are plenty other manga with rushed/axed ends on this site that don't get treated half as bad as this.

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

It's like one of those stories that could have been resolved in one page if one character just speaks their mind already.

You mean 90% of yuri?

I will never understand people. Why the hell hiding something like that? Seriously, they are too immature and shouldn't even be thinking about romance yet. They are too naive and the like. I wish people wouldn't go to hastily in the path of romance and take a long thought about life.

That aside, this story was very disappointing. I dropped it midway, getting enough of the character's stupidity. The Subaru at the beginning was my favorite character but he slowly grew into a despicable dude. sigh Well... I'm used to see yuri with bad ending. Though, I think the tag Het should still be added to this manga.

A phase they said... In fear of breaking their friendship. Now, I'm good as to get cancer after reading this. It was a total waste of time... but then I remember it was translated by Hachimitsu scans (focused on crossdressing, het romance and yaoi). I like the series they translate (like Himegoto, Lily, Bokura no Hentai, Hatsu Kokuhaku and the Jouso shounen anthology comic) but then remember the only other possible yuri they translated (heroine voice) which was a little boring and Yuri na Watashi to Akuma na kanojo with a good-bad yuriish het ending (still a good series but bittersweet one could say).

I will end this comment with a phrase that a wise man has once said. "Everyone has their tastes! My son, there are two type of human in this planet: the masochists who enjoy reading tragedy and the sadists who create dramas."

oh Also, since I'm at it, Noriko (Girls und Panzer, Type 89's loader/commander): "What your mind can't comprehend, let your guts do the rest!" :D

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wish people wouldn't go to hastily in the path of romance and take a long thought about life.

If it were as easy as all that, there probably wouldn’t be a romance genre in the first place.

I think the “hiding” part for fear of losing their existing mutual friendship was the most well-justified aspect of the whole story. (It’s not a very reasonable goal—change is change, after all—and it indicates their relative immaturity, but it does make sense in their terms.)

But although I generally liked the main characters and several individual scenes, the problem was that the overall structure, pacing, and development of the story generally ranged from mediocre to horrible (the ending in particular).

So, keeping secrets causes buried emotional stresses that threaten to tear these friends apart? Solution: just keep doing it, and all will be well! (Bonus: cute-ish males doing semi-cute-ish things!)

To reply you must either login or sign up.