Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

My heart still hurts everytime I think about NnA. It was one of my favorites till been cancelled...

I blame most of the yuri fandom. Lets face it, most of the fandom just want to see girls kissing and banging. People don't care about a solid plot. That's why Citrus is so popular, the plot is boring, but as long as girls are banging every now and then people will read it. But taste is subjective so there is nothing we can do about it. The most popular will survive.

nah. yuri fans want to see yuri when something is advertised as yuri.

If the story was finished as intended, maybe we can call it yuri. With the way it ended now, we can call it "yuri crush" at most.

joined Jun 12, 2015

My heart still hurts everytime I think about NnA. It was one of my favorites till been cancelled...

I blame most of the yuri fandom. Lets face it, most of the fandom just want to see girls kissing and banging. People don't care about a solid plot. That's why Citrus is so popular, the plot is boring, but as long as girls are banging every now and then people will read it. But taste is subjective so there is nothing we can do about it. The most popular will survive.

If the story was finished as intended, maybe we can call it yuri. With the way it ended now, we can call it "yuri crush" at most.

Actually author said it's 拗らせ系青春漫画 (rebellious youth manga?) and not yuri.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Agreed. And this manga was a huge waste of time and a huge clickbait for those who were expecting yuri from it.

Good thing I decided to drop it after 3 chapters.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Actually author said it's 拗らせ系青春漫画 (rebellious youth manga?) and not yuri.

Really? O_O

So this whole series was intended to be click bait and a waste of time since the beginning?

Rebellious youth my ass.
Sound like "is just a phase" bs excuse....

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I like the part where the two boys are hot for each other.

last edited at Oct 5, 2017 4:52PM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

I like the part where the two boys are hot for each other.

Come to think of it, yuri falls into the "rebellious youth" category but yaoi get a pass...

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I totally agree with you, It was one of my favorites untill It been cancelled... I'll love see the true ending, at lesat like novel...

Koitoyuu-1
joined Jan 23, 2018

Read it all in one go, and all I can say is…

Tsukasa is such a martyr. There’s nothing wrong with selflessness, of course, but as a person who’s looking at their situation from afar, I can’t help but feel pity. She deserves to be happy just like everyone else, but she can’t have that because of this messed up circular love triangle they have going. The unfortunate thing is, Kotooka might return Washio’s feelings in the future, and poor Tsukasa will forever be the third wheel who will suffer for the rest of her days… except, of course, if she finds another person that she would like and who will like her back.

Ahh, I usually like love triangle stories, but today after reading this, I found out that it frightens me, especially if this is happening in real life with real people involved.

Also, I’m not much of a yaoi fan at all, but I kinda liked how it was written here. I doubt I would enjoy other yaoi manga/anime though, except maybe if I like the characters well enough like Kyousuke and Subaru.

I don’t think I would re-read this story. It’ll just hurt my heart. Is there a chance for a happier sequel? (Oh, and just now I found out that it’s been cancelled? What a bummer.)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is sad that the yaoi conclusion is more fleshed out than the yuri conclusion.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Of course the extras are all bout the yaoi couple
:(

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

The yaoi was cute. The yuri...not so much. e-e

joined Jun 12, 2015

At least you know now what the author likes more.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I never thought I'd say this, but the yaoi is way better and cuter than the yuri. What the heck happened with this manga?

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 5:54AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I never thought I'd say this, but the yaoi is way better and cuter than the yuri. What the heck happened with this manga?

Het MC, unnecessary male love interest, uninteresting and illogical side friends.

So pretty much entire manga was stupid besides the yaoi lol.

1078647%20-%20copy
joined Apr 9, 2015

When the yaoi is better in a yuri manga, you know something is wrong.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

What the heck happened with this manga?

It was axed, and mistakes were made when "finishing" it.

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

.....there's no banging in Citrus though?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Anyone else warming up to Asakura and Subaru?

joined Aug 16, 2014

It's like one of those stories that could have been resolved in one page if one character just speaks their mind already.

You mean 90% of yuri?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's like one of those stories that could have been resolved in one page if one character just speaks their mind already.

I thought it was even a little worse than that, in that it seemed all along as if the whole point of the “A knows that B likes C and C knows that A likes B but doesn’t know that C knows, etc.” (or however it went) merry-go-round was the corrosive effect of people keeping secrets from their friends. Then the ending was like “Secrets—they’re great! And a lot of that romantic attraction?—Not even real!”

So not a “things didn’t go the way people wanted” ending as much as a “You know how you thought the story was about X? It was really about not-X! Hah! Fooled you! ending.

And those are tough to pull off.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You mean 90% of yuri?

Hell, 90% of romance, comedy, and drama too. Even a good chunk of action movies.

joined Aug 16, 2014

You mean 90% of yuri?

Hell, 90% of romance, comedy, and drama too. Even a good chunk of action movies.

I don't really remember many stories in other genres that rely on miscommunication to such silly degrees as in yuri (I'll admit I don't read romance outside of yuri manga, though).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You mean 90% of yuri?

I don't really remember many stories in other genres that rely on miscommunication to such silly degrees as in yuri (I'll admit I don't read romance outside of yuri manga, though).

A hell of a lot of comedy relies on misunderstandings or one (or more) people hiding their motivations for contrived reasons. Romance, well, you gotta keep up that tension right?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nezchan posted:

You mean 90% of yuri?

This is why I love this girl, imagine how many fucking years Sasameki koto would've lasted if not for her }

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

More from this? Please no, dont make me remember the disappointing ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.