Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

M-more from this...

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

What a piece of shit of a series. Dismal.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This was one of the few series I ever dropped. I decided to read this Bonus thing to see if there was any yuri, but, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, IT'S YAOI! I mean, I have absolutely no problem with cross-dressing yaoi (I freaking love Nisekoi Boyfriend and Prunus Girl) and their relationship is admittedly super cute and much better than any of the yuri relationships, but, still, this is yuri for God's sake, come on now.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I think it's wrong to look at Nanashi no Asterism as a 'yuri' or 'yaoi' story. It's a coming-of-age story of several adolescents trying to deal with their weird and uncertain feelings by lying a fuckton and being very immature, as adolescents are want to do. Honestly, I think NnA demonstrates some of the best writing I've ever seen in a "yuri" manga, and it had a lot of potential to deal with these weird relationships in an interesting way. It's just a shame it couldn't do something cohesive before the rug got pulled out from under it.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Cute, but wanted a little more... Oh, well.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

When I heard it wasn't getting a good end I basically stopped reading it till the ending. There wasn't much I missed from that chapter I stopped. Probably will make me think twice before reading another triangle love story. I really do hate them and this made it worse.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I think it's wrong to look at Nanashi no Asterism as a 'yuri' or 'yaoi' story. It's a coming-of-age story of several adolescents trying to deal with their weird and uncertain feelings by lying a fuckton and being very immature, as adolescents are want to do. Honestly, I think NnA demonstrates some of the best writing I've ever seen in a "yuri" manga, and it had a lot of potential to deal with these weird relationships in an interesting way. It's just a shame it couldn't do something cohesive before the rug got pulled out from under it.

THIS. THANKS JESUSCHRIST SOMEONE UNDERSTAND IT.
And I don't like yaoi but I think it's cute the way Asakura just don't want to accept that he has feelings for a boy <3 (and in the end he will!)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Talk about saying 'fuck you, yuri fans' and later come back to kick them in the balls/vag.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Oh come on, we need to know more about what happend with Tsubasa
does she really get a random boyfriend?
Maybe we never know.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

Total agreement. I'm really fond of stories that tackle more realistic character issues over flowery pandering stories, so Nanashi no Asterism was a great read. Obviously from my username I'm fine with the yaoi couple, but I think something people need to realize from this series is that its intention was never to make a get-together romance story but a character insight driven story. There's nothing wrong with wanting an obvious yuri ending, but talking bad about the author or the series because it didn't have an OTP end doesn't seem fair.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Something blossomed alrightv:>

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

IMO I think it would have been longer if it wasn't marketed as a yuri title in the first place.

joined Nov 15, 2016

Yaoi is not my thing, but that bonus was cute as heck: You go Subaru, he's coming around to you!

Speaking more generally to the series, I felt it had an amazing start and some great moments but stumbled around volume four and couldn't find it's feet. I wanted to see the girls find a way to unwind their feelings but in the end there just wasn't the time to do that in the time left after the cancellation. Teenagers stumbling blindly over things was always the draw of the story, but the payoff of that kind of story is seeing them grow and learn from it as they get a bit more mature and sadly this manga made a few mistakes and got pulled before it could show us.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tiran posted:

sadly this manga made a few mistakes and got pulled before it could show us.

Sadly (most of the times) publishers in Japan care more about popularity than potential.

N7
joined Aug 12, 2014

Yaoi?!?! That's it I'm done, had my suspicious since the last chapter. Well fuck it!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Make a cute, drama-free sequel solely about these two being gay.
It would completely atone for everything prior.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sunnyskies posted:

It would focus on yuri halfway through

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Sunnyskies posted:

This must be Kobayashi Kina's grand plan... 1) create a yuri manga but have it focus on the yaoi dudes halfway through. 2) create a sequel marketed as yaoi, introduce some random straight people, focus on them halfway through. 3) create another sequel marketed as het (is there a Japanese name for this... well, obviously, but something like yuri and yaoi... I guess it's not really necessary since most people just assume that a romance thing is centered around a straight couple unless it's made explicit that it's not but still), suddenly start focusing on the trio from Nanashi no Asterism again. It'd be the holy trilogy of baiting literally everyone.

And to the people saying that this ain't yuri... yeah, I see your point and all, but the fact remains that it is marketed as yuri so, you know, most people would expect yuri. Or maybe it's just tagged as yuri here and on other sites like Batoto, I'm not really sure how it was actually marketed in Japan. I'm not a big fan of it either way since I thought it was way too overdramatized and all, but, I mean, it's not like it's the worst yuri manga ever made, there are definitely a lot of much worse ones out there.

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 5:50PM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Sunnyskies posted:

After the yuri is would swap focus and become a standard harem with the main cast somehow.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Yes.

This must be Kobayashi Kina's grand plan... 1) create a yuri manga but have it focus on the yaoi dudes halfway through. 2) create a sequel marketed as yaoi, introduce some random straight people, focus on them halfway through. 3) create another sequel marketed as het (is there a Japanese name for this... well, obviously, but something like yuri and yaoi... I guess it's not really necessary since most people just assume that a romance thing is centered around a straight couple unless it's made explicit that it's not but still), suddenly start focusing on the trio from Nanashi no Asterism again. It'd be the holy trilogy of baiting literally everyone.

& by the end of all this, still no one ends up together.

"Congratulation! You've been adolescence'd!" will be the afterwords.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 5:47PM

joined Feb 1, 2017

the only thing I liked was the Yaoi couple.

joined Oct 13, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this. But then, i enjoy angst and needlessly complicated situations like this love triangle. I do wish this had a more solid ending but by chapter 3 i expected it to be open-ended.

I haven't reead any yaoi besides the little that occassionally appears in yuri but it was sweet. There were a few too many chapters focusing on it for my tastes but it was fine.

Otherwise the pacing was nice and slow. Which i love.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Honestly, I think NnA demonstrates some of the best writing I've ever seen in a "yuri" manga

Hahaha, that's a good one.You should do stand up.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

My heart still hurts everytime I think about NnA. It was one of my favorites till been cancelled...

I blame most of the yuri fandom. Lets face it, most of the fandom just want to see girls kissing and banging. People don't care about a solid plot. That's why Citrus is so popular, the plot is boring, but as long as girls are banging every now and then people will read it. But taste is subjective so there is nothing we can do about it. The most popular will survive.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

My heart still hurts everytime I think about NnA. It was one of my favorites till been cancelled...

I blame most of the yuri fandom. Lets face it, most of the fandom just want to see girls kissing and banging. People don't care about a solid plot. That's why Citrus is so popular, the plot is boring, but as long as girls are banging every now and then people will read it. But taste is subjective so there is nothing we can do about it. The most popular will survive.

nah. yuri fans want to see yuri when something is advertised as yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.