LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh no, her mother is hots

joined Feb 1, 2021

Two simultaneous cliffhangers? Rude.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

I was hoping for and expected an eventual return of the mother and a redemption arc for her. Though often ineffectual, she never showed a complete lack of interest or concern for her children. And so I wondered if her complete absence was due to her own struggles, but also from her children not reaching out to her over the years. Like her daughter, neither are unfeeling. They simply lack confidence and direction and an understanding of place of self and among others.

Though not to fault Miss Sunflower nor Nii-san, their feelings of abandonment and struggle with expression are understandable, but I do wonder how the mother would have reacted had Miss Sunflower not kept silent back then.

Miss Sunflower will likely be more forgiving and understanding and not give much as to why but give more to the moment. However, Nii-san is very much attached to the past, not so in tune with the moment, thus may be resentful, faulting, and attempt to "protect" his sister when he's truly protecting himself.

I'll find his reaction ironic, if true, because he in his own way walked out on his sister. Even so, Miss Sunflower didn't entirely fault him (even if distrusted at first), so I don't see her faulting her mother, especially with the growth she has had since then.

I am curious how Miss Sunflower will introduce Matsuri to her mother or if the mother will remain a mystery to Matsuri. I could also see Matsuri acting as a bridge between the mother and her children.

last edited at Aug 20, 2022 11:29AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Clearly mom left to hide the fact that she doesn't age...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Pyoro posted:

Excellent. Now Matsuri can ask for permission to become Mrs Sunflower.

Thank you so much.

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

I can't take it, just let them meet.... I really need something to punch

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Matsuri: "your daughter calls me mommy too"

Agh, the suspense is killing me!

joined Mar 23, 2022

nice now let matsuri get permission to marry her daughter

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is one person who I really don't care if they're hot. How many years has it taken Miss Sunflower to regain a fairly normal affect? Hell with her. Anything she might have to say will have to be pretty amazing for it to have been worth unmasking her.

joined May 1, 2015

This manga gets better and better every chapter.
Now we finally see Miss Sunflower's mum.
On such an important day too.
I am dying to know what happens next.

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

Matsuri meeting her mother in law soon ay

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

All I can say is, those genes are incredible, it’s probably been 10+ years and she looks like she hasn’t aged a day

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Miss Sunflower has a rotary phone. When is this story suppose to take plase?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Miss Sunflower has a rotary phone. When is this story suppose to take place?

Currently. The Sunflower bookery is famous for being an old-fashioned place.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait, Miss Sunflower has a mother? /s just in case

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Miss Sunflower scrambling for the phone because she's desperate to hear from her waifu is just so darn precious.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I have a bad felling about this encounter... It may be way too stressful for the siblings, after all those years old wounds may open. Well they can also stand strong, keep they heads high and face it well, both had a lot of character development after all. We also have a great oportunity to hear everyone names, dont think the mom would call her children by theyr nicknames.

My horrible imagination also tought about a ntr scenario were Mom sunfllower steals Matsuri away for some reason.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The mother who abandoned them sneakily comes back to check on them but feels too guilty to openly approach and gets confronted after being found out..

.... this is gonna hurt, won't it

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 7:14AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mom comes back, both siblings get caught up in a tangle of emotions and guilt.

Then Matsuri sweeps in and kicks fucking emotional ass!

Make it so.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Then Matsuri sweeps in and kicks fucking emotional ass!

LOL I like this way of putting it

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

looks like oyakodon's back on the menu, boys

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm not sure a rotary phone would even still work on modern networks

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Actually, if you still have a regular landline phone provider, then a functioning rotary phone will work just fine even today, by plugging it into the phone jack. The issue is that most people just don't anymore bc phone usually comes together with internet nowadays.
But it's not a stretch to assume that Himawari-san never updated any contracts and stuff, so naturally she'd still have a separate landline phone contract to go with her oldschool phone.

last edited at Aug 22, 2022 12:56AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can confirm—rotary phones work just fine on current landline networks.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But it's not a stretch to assume that Himawari-san never updated any contracts and stuff, so naturally she'd still have a separate landline phone contract to go with her oldschool phone.

Doesn't even matter, they work on modern modems too IF those modem support the old dial method (pulse dialing). Which some do and some don't. Everything else about using telephones is basically the same it's always been anyway (though obviously you can't make use of advanced functions).

There's also some fake-retro ones that just look like the old phones but actually aren't. Don't see Ms Sunflower going for that but it's possible ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.