Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

:feelsgoodman:

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahh this was a good chapter! Should be a reunion of the souls next chapter. Soooo looking forward to Matsuri and Miss Sunflower being together again!

last edited at Aug 16, 2022 11:10PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I'M NOT CRYING... YOU'RE CRYING!

Holy crap what an emotional chapter to read at almost midnight before I go to bed @_@ Miss Sunflower is def starting realize feelings of love for Matsuri. It's kinda odd as this is actually the second time in quite the short period that they've been apart... I guess spending new years with her was enough to really start tugging at those ol heartstrings.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

She's GOT to be in love with Matsuri by now, right? I mean...look at that smile! She's as bright as the previous Miss Sunflower!

joined Mar 23, 2022

I'm enjoying this "miss sunflower having matsuri withdrawal" every chapter. I like how her wordings , being matsuri has become someone she cannot live without. Awwww she is missing her so bad.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We kind of knew all this before—but, man, did it pack a punch seeing it all put together and laid out like that.

This series keeps getting better and better.

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm in pain, I don't hate it, Miss Sunflower has been really cute but I just need to see them together...

Thanks god kawaii is not doing this series anymore, I'd punch my monitor if I had to wait half a year for the next chapter

joined May 16, 2016

Painfully wholesome.... I love this series...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Really need some chapters with just the two of them now. Having the gang around is fun and all, but ...

joined May 1, 2015

"I want to see her"
Just marry her, problem solved.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Oh its that good old ~ P A I N ~
You know i dont realy belive we will ever see Matsuri asking Miss Sunflower to be her girlfriend in the manga, but just seeing those two growing and supporting eachother is sunch bliss, i cant realy complain (would love to be provem wrong of course).

I have to once again give my big thanks to everyone that was involved in the scalantions of this series over the years, it's special and deserves the attention.

last edited at Aug 17, 2022 7:42AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This series is just way too precious, seeing young Miss Sunflower's trauma spelled out like this hit surprisingly hard and its interesting that she, rather than being attracted to the previous Miss Sunflower, rather had some sort of mum-complex towards her that was weirdly wholesome?!

And then we even get her reminiscing about Matsuri and how much she means to her in the same chapter, I mean, argh my poor heart can't take this ToT
I already loved this manga before but now with each new chapter it's consistently moving towards my all time favourites

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This series is just way too precious, seeing young Miss Sunflower's trauma spelled out like this hit surprisingly hard and its interesting that she, rather than being attracted to the previous Miss Sunflower, rather had some sort of mum-complex towards her that was weirdly wholesome?!

I had forgotten that we’d actually seen this “first Miss Sunflower as surrogate mother” thing before until I just happened to re-read Chapter 43, the one where our Miss Sunflower is sick and dreamily remembers her mother staying home (as she so rarely did) and taking care of her when she was sick as a little kid.

Her mom got her pudding and read to her (as a substitute for her brother, who would tell her stories), which recalls the first Miss Sunflower reading to her as she worked in the bookstore. Then she says, “Maybe it’s that they had begun to merge together,” just before she fully wakes up.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch43#13
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch43#14

Then in the present Matsuri shows up with pudding, at which point she flashes back to her mother reading to her, and the chapter ends with a big Miss Sunflower smile.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch43#18

I admit that for a long time I too had been assuming that our Miss Sunflower was romantically attracted to the first MS, but these chapters make it pretty clear that their connection was about the affection and emotional support that she didn’t get from her own mother (and, of course, the healing from the guilt she had by blaming herself for her mother’s leaving).

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

We kind of knew all this before

Kinda, but we didn't know what kind of love Himawari-san had for the previous Himawari. Now it's more clear she saw her as a mother figure.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm definitely keying on, and very satisfied by, that key distinction right at the end of the chapter; she has in some ways similar feelings about Original Miss Sunflower and Matsuri, but Miss Sunflower gave her "words of forgiveness" and Matsuri gives her "words of love". Which she seems at this point happy about and accepting of. Woo!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

This is just so good <3

joined May 8, 2022

Shout-out to the translators for this chapter. It read absolutely beautifully, honestly felt like poetry at times. Could not have been an easy chapter to translate, so Kudos.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And here we have it, finally we see her put the similarities and differences she sees between Matsuri and the previous Himawari-san into her own words. ^_^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And here we have it, finally we see her put the similarities and differences she sees between Matsuri and the previous Himawari-san into her own words. ^_^

Puts into perspective Miss Sunflower’s anxiety when Onii-san proposed to take Matsuri on a “date,” and Miss Sunflower did the equation: “Kaoru was in love with the first Miss Sunflower” + “Matsuri is like the first Miss Sunflower” = “Oh noes! NTR!”

And Ayame was like, “Matsuri is like the first Miss Sunflower? WTF are you on about?”

Now we know.

And of course, that “date” resulted in breaking up the emotional logjam between Miss Sunflower and Matsuri with the epic, “You’re special to me” confession.

(Although the logjam was actually inside Matsuri, with her belief that she was “just a customer” to Miss S.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What a Turn!!!! wow
I was gonna say ... "damn, her brother really doesn't have any friends!" again but now it makes sense why he had to get there this time.

last edited at Aug 20, 2022 8:54AM

joined May 3, 2014

so I guess this is what it means slice of life, reading you all comments it makes me realize we aren’t even 1% on the idea of the two MC thinking of being in an romantic relationship, let alone ACTUALY trying to be together?

any way I will comtinue to read the comments so that I can at least know were the yuri will ever start :3

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wow! Her mother is back! This’ll be interesting. But poor Matsuri wants to see Miss Sunflower!!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Whoa their mom really @_@ And she looks really good!

Also Poor Matsuri she wanted her to be the first person she told and doesn't realize now that she's all up in the drama with her mom.. I honestly felt very bad when the "Did she close for the day?" and the panel before that she looked slumped over and quite sad.. ugh it was indirect sadness that kinda brought a tear to me eye. Especially knowing how excited she was waiting to hear Matsuri's results. Next episode should be interesting with Miss Sunflowers mom as well... oh man a short chapter and quite a lot to unpack in such few pages. Again love this damn series more and more every chapter.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Did not see that twist coming, although it's nice to see this plot thread get a proper conclusion as well. ^_^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Excellent. Now Matsuri can ask for permission to become Mrs Sunflower.

To reply you must either login or sign up.