Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

YuriMasterRace
Ee7a56fbe938317ada89a8848b9d2a4b
joined May 7, 2015

YuriMasterRace posted:

Page 7 is missing or what? I'm confused her legs are suddenly broken?

you're totally right. We didn't notice, I updated the file!

oh alright, thanks!

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I....have been bamboozled.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Dawg

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They're without a doubt one of the most interesting and "real" so far, the others are all in paradise experiencing their (apparently) first love ever, none of them have to deal with rivals/triangles and their feelings are always (or in the way to be) mutual... Is like, all the drama and difficult topics were throw to this ship alone so the others could be happier T-T

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

I love the credit page lol

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Shizuka should just stop having any kind of contact with Kaoru, it isn't good for her, she still has feelings for her and instead of cutting her hair she should just cut her from her life.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

thecronosone posted:

Shizuka should just stop having any kind of contact with Kaoru, it isn't good for her, she still has feelings for her and instead of cutting her hair she should just cut her from her life.

It would be easier if they weren't in the same school hehehe

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

They're without a doubt one of the most interesting and "real" so far, the others are all in paradise experiencing their (apparently) first love ever, none of them have to deal with rivals/triangles and their feelings are always (or in the way to be) mutual... Is like, all the drama and difficult topics were throw to this ship alone so the others could be happier T-T

Well said. You got that right.

These two, plus Kaoru (and her new love interest Mask), monopolize the drama.

The others... the closest they get to drama is something like "Oh no my snugglemuffin isn't using today the phone strap I made for her she must hate me now oh noes woe is me."

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

The reason why Shizuka is my favorite character.

Apart from the fact that she's amazingly beautiful.

joined Jul 26, 2016

thecronosone posted:

It would be easier if they weren't in the same school hehehe

Same class even, if memory serves.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Was that a Perfect Blue reference?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Day X and still no Haruka/Kanae chapter, Their last true chapter was 185 with the paper note and we stilldidn't had any follow-up on that since.

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 2:29PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I know this is rich when talking about this manga, but there was nothing NSFW in this chapter!

Did the tagging process just includes it in auto?

34ef490a686fdb927a33c1a6913990fc4721a592_full.jpg_
joined Aug 5, 2014

ok but shizuka with the short hair and the crutches do be lookin pretty moe tho

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

'suddenly broken' lmao i couldn't help but laughed

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

'suddenly broken' lmao i couldn't help but laughed

That's literally what it seemed like, because page 7 wasn't even there.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I know this is rich when talking about this manga, but there was nothing NSFW in this chapter!

Did the tagging process just includes it in auto?

The whole series is tagged NSFW even though it doesn't really go beyond Ecchi anymore (sadly).

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Day X and still no Haruka/Kanae chapter, Their last true chapter was 185 with the paper note and we stilldidn't had any follow-up on that since.

Maybe Kishi thinks that, if he waits long enough, everyone will forget about the paper note and he'll be able to return Haruka/Kanae to their status quo?

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Shizuka seems a lot weaker in comparison to Mio now. I think being taller and having the long hair gave her a certain look, it always felt like she was a big above Mio. But that last image, she really looks like a kid in a sense, she has lost her aura of maturity or sophistication. I think that was a very well lined up image, very purposeful. Part of it is perspective, since Mio is placed between the viewer and Shizuka, this making her seem taller (still shorter than Shizuka but less obviously so), part of it is the crutches, part of it is the hair - Shizuka always came across to me as a bit of a Ojou-sama type, but with short hair her image is very different.

That is a seriously well done composition that really makes the chapter.

I hope this ends well. I like Shizuka, and she's always been a bit of a flawed vase. I think Mio is much better beside her at a more equal level, but Mio idolized her too much in the beginning. Now the tables are turned.

YuriMasterRace
joined May 7, 2015

On the contrary, all of them actually feel so real and for the most part, mature tbh, most of the "drama" I've seen gets solved in like 2 chapter maxed without it dragging on and usually fixed by them actually talking and understanding eachother(hits close to home), I also like the fact that this series has multiple vibes with each of the different characters, it's such a fresh take on the usual yuri slice of life genre.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

YuriMasterRace posted:

On the contrary, all of them actually feel so real and for the most part, mature tbh, most of the "drama" I've seen gets solved in like 2 chapter maxed without it dragging on and usually fixed by them actually talking and understanding each other (hits close to home), I also like the fact that this series has multiple vibes with each of the different characters, it's such a fresh take on the usual yuri slice of life genre.

I think that them having a single vibe for pair it's something that make them quite unrealistic though. I appreciate that their characters are so developed that you can recognize their personality and all, but still sometimes it appears a bit too simplicistic to be likely in real life (think for example at Ai and Chie and Mahimahi). While Shizuka actually has quite complex mixed feelings: she's in love with Mio but still can't get over Shizuka, even though she wants to with all her might. And she also feels guilty about it to the point of (i) hiding those from Mio; and (ii) punishing herself to be able to go further. And it's funny how realistic that is, because when you are young you don't realize that the best way to get over it is just accept the thing as a whole and realize that that won't change the feelings you have for the other person (Mio).
Mio on the other hand is also quite realistic since she's realizing that she has been idealizing her senpai, and happends quite ofter that you get on your own an idea of a person that just isn't true. And that's what make relationships difficult, you need to be open to change.
While we see no real need to be open to change with the oter pairs, with some exeptions which are, unfortunately, not that developed (Yuu x Mari, Haruka x Kanae).

YuriMasterRace
joined May 7, 2015

YuriMasterRace posted:

On the contrary, all of them actually feel so real and for the most part, mature tbh, most of the "drama" I've seen gets solved in like 2 chapter maxed without it dragging on and usually fixed by them actually talking and understanding each other (hits close to home), I also like the fact that this series has multiple vibes with each of the different characters, it's such a fresh take on the usual yuri slice of life genre.

I think that them having a single vibe for pair it's something that make them quite unrealistic though. I appreciate that their characters are so developed that you can recognize their personality and all, but still sometimes it appears a bit too simplicistic to be likely in real life (think for example at Ai and Chie and Mahimahi). While Shizuka actually has quite complex mixed feelings: she's in love with Mio but still can't get over Shizuka, even though she wants to with all her might. And she also feels guilty about it to the point of (i) hiding those from Mio; and (ii) punishing herself to be able to go further. And it's funny how realistic that is, because when you are young you don't realize that the best way to get over it is just accept the thing as a whole and realize that that won't change the feelings you have for the other person (Mio).
Mio on the other hand is also quite realistic since she's realizing that she has been idealizing her senpai, and happends quite ofter that you get on your own an idea of a person that just isn't true. And that's what make relationships difficult, you need to be open to change.
While we see no real need to be open to change with the oter pairs, with some exeptions which are, unfortunately, not that developed (Yuu x Mari, Haruka x Kanae).

Pairing wise, I agree with Mio and Shizuka having the most complex relationship, but a "simplistic" "drama" free relationship that most of the other characters are having doesn't really give an air of unrealism though? add to the fact that most of them are experiencing love for the first time, so it's a given that some of them are still pretty "fluff" and lacking a bit of romance, heck Ai and Chie is starting to get deep and romantic lately after their ferris wheel date. I'm just saying that I enjoy how to author handles all of the characters and made them all feel pretty realistic, well to me at least based on experiences, feels like I'm in college again.

And when I meant by "vibe", I meant that it feels like I'm reading a different manga whenever a different pairing/characters is featured on a chapter, with Miyoshi's group, I feel like I'm reading a slice of life yuri manga with hormonal girls with budding relationships and all, with Mio and Shizuka I feel like I'm finally reading a decent yuri drama manga(seriously I like how the author handles their drama and romance, with other mangas, their drama would drag on for like 50 chapters not talking to eachother and whatnot, with this, chapter 153-154 comes to mind their initial problem "fixed" by just talking to eachother, I know both of them are still recovering but hey, it's a start, also add the points you gave which made them more fun to read), Honoka and Eli with the cutest introvert x extrovert couple manga story with the introvert breaking out of her shell, etc. you get the point.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh but I do enjoy them a lot as well! And I also appreciate lack of drama. I was referring more to the fact that the characters are a bit "stuck" in their personalities (for example, the only "out of the box" fact in Honoka is her relationship with her sister). I would just like to know more of them in a less stereotypical way (e.g. Seeing Nononon in an activity in which she feels confident).

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

It's has been... THIRTY CHAPTERS since the Harukana confession, and we still are waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't take this anymore.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can someone explain the reference, or at least the train of thought? Maybe because I'm reading sleepily, but I don't get how Nao went from 'I have to convince her I wasn't the Nao she say' to 'Old school anime ref'.

@Morter
On my way to catch up on the chapters and checking out some comments along the way
I don't know if you still care about this but I used to watch that show as a kid and from how I understood it, Nao is being presented with an impossible case to prove: how can she clear her suspicions and prove that she is the Real Nao if there aren't two Naos in the first place?
I remember one episode where this Lord bullshits Ikkyu and tasks him with catching the tiger within a folding screen/painting. How can you catch something that isn't real? In response, Ikkyu gets all geared up and ready to go, and tells him to bring the tiger out of the folding screen so that he can catch it.
From how I see it, Nao unintentionally employs a similar strategy; if Onibi can bring out the Minimal Bikini Nao, then she shall concede defeat/admit to being the Fake Nao.
As such, Onibi is deeply amused, because just like Ikkyu-san, that is indeed a very interesting and clever way to go about it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.