Forum › Posts by Faust

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm surprised Akane could tell she was feeling down. I'm not used to seeing characters display emotional intelligence lmao
Sweet of her to cheer Nadeshiko up

last edited at Jun 21, 2022 9:38AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Can someone explain this joke to me?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_about_doing_xx_to_girls_from_different_species_ch30#3

If you're talking about that last panel, Sheep-chan is probably referring to milk enemas. (it's butt stuff, google at your own risk)

Oh wow okay, I had no idea that was a thing haha, thanks

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Okay but no way would a college prof chase after a student not handing in their work

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tokiko being childish and petty with Natsuki when they were younger is pretty nice. We never see Tokiko bothered by anything and seems to let others treat her however they want. It's fun to see how she acted with Natsuki back then

Also rip Nee-san :( she seemed like she was under so much pressure and responsibility to keep everything together. Seeing that Tokiko isn't bothered by losing everyone else, she likely concluded that she'd be okay without her, hence the little parting speech. That bummed me out ngl, and I dreaded that her death would be coming bc for once, Tokiko was looking forward to something. It's not expressed that way but relatively speaking, Tokiko cared about/liked Nee-san a great deal more than everyone else (excluding the father, she seems to respect him)

joined Sep 21, 2014

New chapter out on mangadex
They both act decently smooth at the store but they're such messes, I love it

last edited at May 22, 2022 3:11PM

Faust
School Zone discussion 13 May 05:42
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fuji is down bad! I wonder why it was so important that Kishiya thought she was a first year instead of a second year? Like it's only one year difference right it doesn't have any greater meaning in Japan or something?

it's probably not so much important to her as much as she is just surprised because Fuji looks so much like a first year high schooler who has yet to get comfortable in her new uniform that looks slightly too big on her. It's like she just genuinely does not look like someone who isn't new to high school.

I thought it was bc her uniform was perfectly worn and still follows school rules.
In my first year, we'd wear our uniforms well, but as we got older we started undoing buttons and rolling up our skirts for example, getting more and more lax with the regulations

joined Sep 21, 2014

Astraea Hill posted:

There are a lot of heavy rock / metal groups in Japan which also get quite a bit of attention internationally - ones that I like include:

Band Maid
Nemophila
Lovebites
Mary's Blood (though going on hiatus)
Mutant Monster
[...]

dule333 posted:

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

Alice Chesire posted:
There's also Unlucky Morpheus, Aldious, and LOVEBITES which are all great bands I never seem to see mentioned in conversations like this. [...]

Idk anything about this topic but just thought I'd point it out, might make you feel glad to see two of the bands you like have received recognition from earlier posts :)

Faust
School Zone discussion 04 May 17:10
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's been a while so I don't really remember but have we seen this idol girl before/yet?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I wonder if the reason Fumi left is because of these two pages. How Yayo doesn't need to think about her future, bc all she needs is Fumi-chan.
I don't really understand much else of Fumi-chan, there's a lot that's intentionally left out. All I know is that she wanted Yayo to try again, that she buried everything that represents herself and disappeared, which eventually got Yayo to work towards her dream again.
I can't help but feel super sad though, it's like Fumi gave up herself and music entirely, and passed it on to Yayo.
My last question would be, was all of this done for the sake of helping Yayo move forward, or did something happen and it was just how Fumi wished to say her goodbyes.

I need a goddamn sequel (•̀^•́)ง

Note: aren't these the same characters? Is this part of that collection?

last edited at Nov 28, 2021 11:55PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

On another note, that guy who said to an obviously plastered woman "How about I buy you some more drinks to sober you up?" needs a hard kick to the balls. ◣_◢

I read that as non alcoholic beverage, like water or soda, otherwise it wouldnt make much sense :0

joined Sep 21, 2014

I can't believe she so bluntly destroyed her umbrella, what a bold move

joined Sep 21, 2014

What are their names in Chinese characters/hanzi? Trying to find out how their names are supposed to sound

joined Sep 21, 2014

I can't believe Sei left town, Aya assumed where she went and also left town, and then they coincidentally ran into each other. I guess Aya took the same train but holy–
I guess Sei looks all pleased when she saw those msgs bc she realised Aya got on the same train, and wow thank god. How awkward it'd be if it was the wrong guess

Faust
School Zone discussion 22 Apr 19:52
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think Tsubaki connected the dots there, just like she did for Yokoe and Sugiura

Faust
654321 discussion 16 Apr 01:46
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aside from the final page, I don't really remember/can't really tell what seems to be different from the previous release, can someone enlighten me? I'm kinda too tired to think, is the punchline that this Mari doesn't remember the talk they had before bed?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought Nacchan loved Kyouko and would've wanted to go out with her, but I guess there was stuff holding her back

It's not said as explicitly as in many others, but it's the usual stuff, isn't it? Societal pressure to create a "family unit", having stable employment, etc. She missed because she was scared, and later, she hit also because she was scared/already committed to this path and didn't want to feel like sacrificing Kyouko was meaningless.

At the end of chapter 1, she's all smiles and happiness until she is reminded of Kyouko by the gifts and immediately loses it.

hmhm, that's neat, I haven't thought about that. Forgot about all those little remarks and comments in the beginning that ppl around her made too, that set the scene.
Also like dang, wtv genuine level of affection she feels for the boyfriend/fiancé, her insecurity and envy trumps it so hard, to the extent that she gave away the lipstick too (we didn't actually see Nacchan give it away but I can't imagine that Kyouko would just take it).

joined Sep 21, 2014

What if the things she wanted to buy for herself are actually the ones she would buy with Kyouko in mind? But subconsciously? She just doesn't want to admit it. This stuff happens when you put someone on a pedestal and your insecurity reigns. Still, it seems their relationship was never official, pretty vague. Anyway, am staying here for the drama

I think it really seemed for herself, bc of how each gift happened so coincidentally (she didn't just hand them to her iirc, she made Kyouko try them on or held them up to her and stuff). She didn't know if they suited her or not before she tried them either (apparently she just buys shit without checking first, idgi but she calls them impulse purchases), and she didn't know they would suit Kyouko either until she made her try.
The last gift especially, the lipstick is the best example bc she wasn't even the one to pick it out this time. I think the last gift was also the one that hurt the most (besides being the straw that broke the camel's back), bc not only did the bf pick it, not only did she actually think it looked great this time, but because Kyouko reached out and "took" it for herself, when she tried it on. It wasn't intentional on Kyouko's part (i think), but it happened to fit Nacchan's perception of "you take everything that is mine, I have nothing".
Unless I missed something (like how Kyouko feeling lonely and neglected for a while might've have contributed to it, that maybe she wanted to connect to Nacchan again), I think that was probably a coincidence, that this time she took one of Nacchan's items and tried it on without Nacchan being the one to offer it. Not intentionally but Nacchan probs wouldn't have brought it out for once either, bc it's something she thought actually suited her, something she wanted to keep for herself, something she wasn't complaining about.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought Nacchan loved Kyouko and would've wanted to go out with her, but I guess there was stuff holding her back, that she never properly dealt with and just bitterly laughed everything off. I didn't expect that ending though, that despite missing on purpose, despite never missing, that she regrets how things turned out.
Nacchan sounds like she's still conflicted and haven't moved on from that, I don't feel like she's truly happy atm

joined Sep 21, 2014

What's the other series they've worked on with dog collars? Can't seem to recall

joined Sep 21, 2014

Next is gonna be too much lip balm

joined Sep 21, 2014

Why is this so weirdly enjoyable

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Nao and Onibi remind me of katekyo hitman reborn (?). Didn't the mc's head catch on fire and he'd strip? (Only read the first few chapters)

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can someone explain the reference, or at least the train of thought? Maybe because I'm reading sleepily, but I don't get how Nao went from 'I have to convince her I wasn't the Nao she say' to 'Old school anime ref'.

@Morter
On my way to catch up on the chapters and checking out some comments along the way
I don't know if you still care about this but I used to watch that show as a kid and from how I understood it, Nao is being presented with an impossible case to prove: how can she clear her suspicions and prove that she is the Real Nao if there aren't two Naos in the first place?
I remember one episode where this Lord bullshits Ikkyu and tasks him with catching the tiger within a folding screen/painting. How can you catch something that isn't real? In response, Ikkyu gets all geared up and ready to go, and tells him to bring the tiger out of the folding screen so that he can catch it.
From how I see it, Nao unintentionally employs a similar strategy; if Onibi can bring out the Minimal Bikini Nao, then she shall concede defeat/admit to being the Fake Nao.
As such, Onibi is deeply amused, because just like Ikkyu-san, that is indeed a very interesting and clever way to go about it.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Adachi's awkwardness level is way too low.

and

Pretty accurate, ngl. But I think Adachi's horny-level could be a little bit higher lol.

fixed that for you