Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I still totally think Midori and the other girl have something going on behind the scenes as well. Just because it would be pretty hilarious to have another lesbian pair close-by that nobody noticed. Would certainly enhance the "oblivious" theme that gets torn down recently.

Well, there's no evidence, but we can have dreams.

Ohoho, BVster, don't tempt me. I may not be a shipper, but I got the gall and BS-power to justify anything under the sun with enough mental gymnastics. Sure, these two may act like "close friends", but in yuri manga that means they hold hands.

Evidence #1: "Aww I want to eat one you made Midori"
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#9
Typical homosexual food envy. Especially prevalent among hand-holding pervs who like to eat each other's pastries. If you know what I mean. And I mean literally the food in the panel.

Evidence #2: Two girl pals walking to the love stone together while entangling arms
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#12
This is the oldest of gay trickery. By exploiting the stone's ruleset they manage to simultaneously get help from a "friend" and make their love come true. The help from the "friend" they need in love is actually the respective other love interest walking with them, making them instantly gay.

Evidence #3: Sleeping at a slightly closer angle than is proper
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#31
The natural gay gravitation from Manaka is attracting the gay astral body of Midori and makes her subconsciously inch closer like the tide does with the moon. Bonus points for gay Smartphones lying in the perfect homosexual triangle position.

Evidence #4: "The boat goes downstream.... it goes through really narrow places"
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#2
Typical secret gay lingo representing arousal and the insertion of one finger at the very least.

Evidence #5.1 + #5.2: Love boat ride
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#7
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#8
They will be married by graduation and at least have 6 science babies in the future.

Science once again prevails against ignorance. Don't thank me, I'm doing this for educational purposes, not for glory~

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

^ Okay, pal, you went on a very long road there.
For starters, I’m 100% sure they’re already holding hands. They do it on the way home, when nobody is watching, and Midori will never let anyone know it was her idea.
Second of all, they’re totally already married. It was the kind of ceremony you have with your very first love on high school’s first year: you exchange rings made out of paper/flowers (unless one of them is an ojou-sama, them it’s pure gold), and kiss under the shadow of that aleatory coffee shop with the sympathetic manager.
(The shop was closed, right?)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I still totally think Midori and the other girl have something going on behind the scenes as well. Just because it would be pretty hilarious to have another lesbian pair close-by that nobody noticed. Would certainly enhance the "oblivious" theme that gets torn down recently.

Well, there's no evidence, but we can have dreams.

Ohoho, BVster, don't tempt me. I may not be a shipper, but I got the gall and BS-power to justify anything under the sun with enough mental gymnastics. Sure, these two may act like "close friends", but in yuri manga that means they hold hands.

Evidence #1: "Aww I want to eat one you made Midori"
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#9
Typical homosexual food envy. Especially prevalent among hand-holding pervs who like to eat each other's pastries. If you know what I mean. And I mean literally the food in the panel.

Evidence #2: Two girl pals walking to the love stone together while entangling arms
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#12
This is the oldest of gay trickery. By exploiting the stone's ruleset they manage to simultaneously get help from a "friend" and make their love come true. The help from the "friend" they need in love is actually the respective other love interest walking with them, making them instantly gay.

Evidence #3: Sleeping at a slightly closer angle than is proper
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch37#31
The natural gay gravitation from Manaka is attracting the gay astral body of Midori and makes her subconsciously inch closer like the tide does with the moon. Bonus points for gay Smartphones lying in the perfect homosexual triangle position.

Evidence #4: "The boat goes downstream.... it goes through really narrow places"
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#2
Typical secret gay lingo representing arousal and the insertion of one finger at the very least.

Evidence #5.1 + #5.2: Love boat ride
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#7
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch38#8
They will be married by graduation and at least have 6 science babies in the future.

Science once again prevails against ignorance. Don't thank me, I'm doing this for educational purposes, not for glory~

K, thanks. I can see 3 people benefiting from this mental gymnastics and BS: @Lily_Writer; yourself; myself. Although hopefully there are more.

EDIT: Not trying to ruin our fun here, but some (although, thankfully, not all) of these "evidence" have simpler and more likely explanations than what you gave and what I can hope for.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 2:49AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

K, thanks. I can see 3 people benefiting from this mental gymnastics and BS: @Lily_Writer; yourself; myself. Although hopefully there are more.

EDIT: Not trying to ruin our fun here, but some (although, thankfully, not all) of these "evidence" have simpler and more likely explanations than what you gave and what I can hope for.

How dare you question my extremely scientific sociological analyses of two clearly gay girls being in love with each other? Do you even want them to be lovers? You have to be a bit more deluded determined to keep up with us around here.
This is the most canon couple in all of YagaKimi, short of one inevitable interview with Nakatani revealing "Yes, I made them gay and nobody realized it! I snuck it in below everyone's eyes!" Praise be to our goddess of subtlety. So subtle in fact that it's nearly indistingushable from not being there.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 2:55AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

How dare you question my extremely scientific sociological analyses of two clearly gay girls being in love with each other? Do you even want them to be lovers? You have to be a bit more deluded determined to keep up with us around here.
This is the most canon couple in all of YagaKimi, short of one inevitable interview with Nakatani revealing "Yes, I made them gay and nobody realized it! I snuck it in below everyone's eyes!" Praise be to our goddess of subtlety. So subtle in fact that it's nearly indistingushable from not being there.

First:
Please, calm down. Just because I don't find as much convincing evidence as you did, that doesn't mean I'm not shipping them, too.

Second:
To this question:

Do you even want them to be lovers?

My answer is "Yes.", actually.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

First:
Please, calm down. Just because I don't find as much convincing evidence as you did, that doesn't mean I'm not shipping them, too.

Second:
To this question:

BV I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

joined Oct 22, 2018

First:

Second:
To this question:

BV I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

Press F to pay respect for my attempt at avoiding getting wooshed.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

First:

Second:
To this question:

Aw, the jig's up. It is true, I was just making fun of shippers and some of the more overzealous analyses around this thread~
You really need to get more accustomed to hyperbole BV. Those super exaggerated things I said should have tipped ya off. lol
It's sweet that your tried to support my madness though.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 6:59AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Okay, pal, you went on a very long road there.
For starters, I’m 100% sure they’re already holding hands. They do it on the way home, when nobody is watching, and Midori will never let anyone know it was her idea.
Second of all, they’re totally already married. It was the kind of ceremony you have with your very first love on high school’s first year: you exchange rings made out of paper/flowers (unless one of them is an ojou-sama, them it’s pure gold), and kiss under the shadow of that aleatory coffee shop with the sympathetic manager.
(The shop was closed, right?)

I get migraines when I wear yuri goggles that strong.

So I try to only do it a couple of times a week.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 7:13AM

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

I’m so used to wearing them that the migraines don’t even hurt anymore.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I’m so used to wearing them that the migraines don’t even hurt anymore.

Your username and profile picture fit this sentence too well.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 9:19AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

You guys joke about it, but knowing Nakatani Nio, there is a very high probability that she has at least fleshed out their relationship in her head (whatever it might be). The continuity and detail in this comic is beyond pretty much any other yuri I've read. So many characters that I assumed were just one offs, or mindless background characters have had some development. So many other mangakas would never give thought to the design of someone who pops in for a panel or two, but in this comic, we expect it. We're really spoiled by the effort she puts in to make this comic as wonderful as it is.

I really want to get to know the girls on the final panel of this page:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_special_6#11
The one on the left is so cute!!

joined Feb 1, 2017

Can someone please give me an easy to understand explanation to Touko's character? I'm very confused.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^
Touko was a weak and timid child who adored her older sister, Mio, who seemed to be endlessly accomplished and basically perfect. After Mio was killed in a car accident, Touko determined to become a replacement for her sister. She did become a high-achieving student who everyone looked up to, but inside she felt like a fake, so she worked hard to hide her vulnerabilities from others. She also got the idea that love for her was impossible, because she hated the “real” Touko, and people were only attracted to the false front she put up (this part is rather tedious to explain because it’s so fucked up).

When she met Yuu, she believed (as Yuu also did at the time) that Yuu was unable to fall in love, which seems to have instantly attracted her—she could love Yuu without the “threat” of Yuu loving her back. (That, and Yuu being as adorable as all get out, of course.)

Hijinks ensue, until her best friend Sayaka made Touko realize that her ideas about love were completely full of shit (Sayaka said it much more nicely, though). Yuu was actually the one who set the stage (literally and figuratively) for Touko’s realization that the “perfect” Touko and her vulnerable side are both “really” her and both deserving of love.

Tl:dr—Touko is smart, beautiful, secretly has low self-esteem, and is kind of a pain in the ass about it. She may be over that now, though, and her next task is to grovel in front of Yuu and beg her to take her back.

(I made up that last part. Sorta.)

last edited at Feb 23, 2019 12:21AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

She better grovel.

I'm still hoping that we get a chapter from Yuu's perspective where she got advice as well before they meet again though.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

She better grovel.

I'm still hoping that we get a chapter from Yuu's perspective where she got advice as well before they meet again though.

According to the preview pics for the next chapter on Nakatani’s twitter, your wish could very well be fulfilled.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

She better grovel.

According to the preview pics for the next chapter on Nakatani’s twitter, your wish could very well be fulfilled.

Sweet. Seems I read the theming right then. Looking forward to that chapter~

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ OMFG! The long-awaited Maki payoff! Yuu the jock! A trip down memory lane! And much, much more!

Can't wait. Will wait, but can't.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

すぐに会いに行くから
From going to meet soon

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I can see them and yet I won't. Must resist. I hope Yuu gets advice from Rei or Maki soooo bad. That link taunts me! bunkers up

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Bad news from twitter though, they are skipping next month so this episode will have to last us to the 27th April.

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1100412874999062529

last edited at Feb 26, 2019 1:33PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bad news from twitter though, they are skipping next month so this episode will have to last us to the 27th April.

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1100412874999062529

Can't read Japanese, so I can't tell the reason for the delay, but if any chapter needs as much care and attention to detail as possible, it's the one after this latest one.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Ever since Sayaka got rejected this manga makes me sad Y_Y

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ever since Sayaka got rejected this manga makes me sad Y_Y

Ah, Sayaka was always going to be an also-ran. :)

Nice enough girl, but not really Touko’s type . . .

To reply you must either login or sign up.