Forum › Posts by Scarlet128

Scarlet128
1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Scarlet128 posted:

This なれる is potential. This is a rhetorical question which actually implies "Sempai is the only person I can fall in love with." 誰が好き on its own is ambiguous ("who likes" vs "who does someone like"), but in this case it means "who do I like".

Ok, you convinced me with that. I am aware なれる is a potential form, but I didn't considered it from angle of rhetorical question. I was thinking of it like "someone else falling for me (in the future)" rather than "what is the potential for someone else falling for me (in general)". One of main issues with japanese is that there is a lot of ways you can interpret sentence depending on context and some structures can have few vastly different meanings, so recognizing which one is correct, can be very tricky.

Nya-chan posted:

I agree that "いやだ" is typically a interjection in Japanese, meaning "No way!', "I don't want that!". A clear rejection of what was said just before. It's a sentence in itself.

True except, it can also work as a end of the sentence and previous one didn't have a definite ending, so it could just as easily be part of it.

I just edited my comment since I skipped my friend's translation and implications of Yuu's line fully. Please read it if you can. Now , i dont know if the iyada could be included in another sentences as one, but in this one it is clearly a different sentence and the subject is Yuu being able to fall in love with someone else other than Touko rather than someone else falling for her.
That line aside, i would like to discuss the other points in my original post.

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 12:48PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

This is the explanation she gave me, btw :

" 先輩と一緒にいられないなら, わたしに誰か好きになれるの. いやだ".
"If I cannot be with Sempai, then who (else) can I fall in love with?"

This なれる is potential. This is a rhetorical question which actually implies "Sempai is the only person I can fall in love with." 誰が好き on its own is ambiguous ("who likes" vs "who does someone like"), but in this case it means "who do I like".

嫌だ on the next page should be just a one-word sentence, "No...", "No way", "I hate this (situation)", etc.

It's either possibility or ability. "I don't have an ability to fall in love (with someone else)" may be an exaggerated statement, but basically she is so shocked that she feels she will not be in love with anyone else forever. "私 (のこと)を 誰が好きになれるの?" could have meant "who can fall in love with me? (i.e., no one will love me!)"

Implication: "I cannot think of any possibility of being in love with someone other than sempai" may be closer.

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 12:36PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Scarlet128 posted:

Rewatching the anime, I realised both 4s and Seven Seas mistranslated a line Yuu said in chapter 10 when Touko was leaving Yuu behind, Yuu thought that Touko wouldn't leave her. Basically both translations put it like "if i cant be with her i dont want anyone to love me" (or i dont want to fall in love with anyone). While Asenshi and Hidive got it right: some flavor added, but it was actually "if i cant be with senpai, who can teach me what is love?" Basically "if not her, who else do I have to love?" Asked someone who knows japanese and she said asenshi's was right.

No, they didn't. The sentence both in anime and manga is: "先輩と一緒にいられないなら わたしに誰か好きになれるのいやだ” Which directly translates to "If Senapi and me can't be together, then I don't want someone falling in love with me."

If anything anime mistranslated it, because it assume "iyada" part is separate line, when reading manga you can clearly see, Yuu simply paused before definitely saying someone else falling for her is something she doesn't like.

Yuu simply loves Touko, or is attached to her, at this point so much, she can't even imagine being with anyone else.

Anime often changes or omits lines or even given them to different characters, but they didn't do this in this case.

My friend explained the "iyada" was necessarily a different sentence and not part of the rest, because if not, the sentence made no sense at all. I believe her because she is a native speaker of Japanese. You dont have to believe me or believe her , though. The pause before the iyada in the anime was done right, director knew what he was doing. Even in the manga, the iyada is in another panel , not in the same panel with the other sentences. It is literally "if i cant be with senpai, who can i fall in love with? I dont like this/this cant be". And i believe Yuu wasnt in love with Touko in chapter 10 yet.

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 12:12PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Rewatching the anime, I realised both 4s and Seven Seas mistranslated a line Yuu said in chapter 10 when Touko was leaving Yuu behind, Yuu thought that Touko wouldn't leave her. Basically both translations put it like "if i cant be with her i dont want anyone to love me" (or i dont want to fall in love with anyone). While Asenshi and Hidive got it right: some flavor added, but it was actually "if i cant be with senpai, who can teach me what is love?" Basically "if not her, who else do I have to love?" Asked someone who knows japanese and she said asenshi's was right.

In some points, dialogues in manga and anime series aren’t exactly the same. Anime used dialogues for a script that more suited to the scenes to create more impact to viewers. Unless, you saw the raws for earlier volume of the manga you can proven it right that there’s indeed a mistranslation.

Hi, I also have the raws for the manga and that chapter and the line is exactly the same as in the anime. Could post it here if someone wants it. In fact, when I asked my friend, I showed her the manga page and mentioned her the manga translation (she gave an explanation on the way the sentence was formed to explain why 4s's and seven seas were wrong). So Asenshi was indeed right (their translations are pretty good overall too).

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 11:55AM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Rewatching the anime, I realised both 4s and Seven Seas mistranslated a line Yuu said in chapter 10 when Touko was leaving Yuu behind, Yuu thought that Touko wouldn't leave her. Basically both translations put it like "if i cant be with her i dont want anyone to love me" (or i dont want to fall in love with anyone). While Asenshi and Hidive got it right: some flavor added, but it was actually "if i cant be with senpai, who can teach me what is love?" Basically "if not her, who else do I have to love?" Asked someone who knows japanese (actual native speaker) and she said asenshi's was right.

Thinking about the implications of that line, and after reading last chapter, I wonder if Yuu is really in love with Touko or just deluded herself into thinking she is because, on her own words, she could only love Touko (chapter 10), probably because only Touko showed romantic interest in her and she had already rejected her male friend. Not just that, but also due to Yuu's strong desire to fall in love with anyone (that then became "I wish my heart would love Touko").

Even in chapter 39, Yuu's angst, loneliness and sadness seem to be much more about having lost her opportunity to fulfill her big dream of falling in love (since chapter 35, she thinks she never really fell in love and may never will) rather than having being rejected by the person she claims to love. Her hopes seem to be more about fulfilling said dream again, rather than meeting Touko. Even when she is thinking about Akari forgetting her senpai and getting with Doujima, she was probably thinking about herself and how Akari could move on but she cant because she could only love Touko (a reference to said line in chapter 10?) Correct me if I am wrong, please, but between Touko, Yuu and Sayaka, Yuu's love is the one that feels the less genuine. Like she is clinging to the belief she is in love with Touko because she yearns for love (love anyone at all, not just Touko). Previous chapters seem to point that Yuu's love is real (with her helping Touko change and so on) and not just a delusion but I am not really sure.

Thoughts?

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 12:40PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

I guess our main difference is that I don't see YagaKimi's actual visual storytelling as being subtle. I think it's very overt and obvious. The subtlety is in the interpretation, not in the presentation; what the scenes actually mean in terms of characterisation is never dictated, but how the scenes are supposed to make you feel and how they reflect the characters' states, are all very prominent, almost by necessity. You can't rely on an unsubtle medium when your dialogue is ambiguous, because then everything would be ambiguous, and there'd be no fun in discussing it, since there'd be almost nothing to discuss. Nakatani strikes a very clever balance between having understated characterisation and overstated methods of immersing us in the characters and their feelings so we still feel a connection to them. I never feel like Nakatani lets a panel go to waste.

I'm not sure if Gaotama refers to the same thing as me, but I'd say that the visual storytelling is subtle too. And I say this because it's not "in your face" (as in stated), but rather there are details that most readers don't notice if they don't pay enough attention. For instance, the best example for me is the comparison between chapter 1 and 16. Both have the exact same scene, where Koyomi asks Yuu if she's okay. Yuu hesitates and then say yes. But the difference between chapter 1 and 16 is subtle enough. In chapter 1 Yuu is away from her friends, standing on the dark. In chapter 16, she's right next to them, her face in the light. Instead of saying "yeah Yuu knows what's love now", you have that scene. And there are other moments like this, like parallels between scenes or symbolisms. A good example of symbolism is chapter 24, when Touko and Yuu are on the tunnel and on the train. By saying "we have to change trains", this represents Yuu helping Touko to change, and their relationship eventually evolving into a new one because of this.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

They could go the Class S route lol & I would hate them forever, of course.

Yagakimi by Kyoani. Last episode: "Everything was just adolescence guys"

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 11:05PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Anyone know if a new chapter is coming out tomorrow? I just noticed that the Yagakimi twitter page mentioned something about Nakatani taking a break.

Nothing till next month...

joined Jul 17, 2016

Yuri is life and everything, but..I'm sorry, Yotsubato! was on there, so I had to vote for it. Probably never happen, but it's something I've wanted for yeeeeears.

I mean, you may have wasted your vote since the author has said he doesn't want a anime because that manga wouldn't work as a anime. He's right tbh XD

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

A-Any reason why Kadokawa removed their Yagakimi PV on their Youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohoCyOiT1A

Finding out Yagate is a Kadokawa series is kind of disturbing seeing how they tend to have a habit of doing questionable things with their series.

what kind of questionable things? :V

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

I was looking into the Dengeki link posted on the first page, and found out Nakatani is only 29/30 years old??? For some reason I thought she was in her 40s.

IIRC, I think she turns 29 this year.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Geez at this point I think the people who are trying hard to prove it may not be cheating after all are just in denial

he seems affected enough by her accident : that reveals some kind of affection, maybe not love but at least some thing.

She's his childhood friend, and there's the guilt about being injured because of him

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

I agree. I'm not one to hope for Touko's stubbornness to drag on to the next volume. I want it to be resolved this volume since like you, I do want Yuu & Touko's relationship to take prominent stage again. What gives me mixed feeling about this chap's resolution is how it was resolved. Just having her somehow opens up to Yuu's logic without much back and forth kinda goes against her characterization up to this point, considering both ch 10 & 22 as well as Nakatani's comment on how her character is driven purely by emotions rather than logic. This same confrontation can have a bit more tension & even act as the climax if Touko's stubbornness causes Yuu to resort to emotional appeal, maybe unintentionally. Like, having Touko tries to dismiss/argue against Yuu's plea which causes Yuu to have the most hurt expression (similar to the one in ch 22) or have a mini breakdown before Touko while giving out the same speech. That alone acts as an emotional trigger to help Touko reconsider her actions because she sees how her stubbornness hurts the one(s) she cares about. This then leads her to self-reflect, admitting she's wrong, and choosing to follow the changed script. Maybe not for her own sake yet (since you're right, Touko coming to the conclusion to live for her own sake now would be a bit rushed considering how deep-seated her self-hatred is), but at least for the sake of those she cares about. Anyway, it all boils down to me wanting something more resemblance of a climax, more emotionally intense like ch 10 & 22, before the story wraps up. I was thinking that this was going to be that chapter, but it's not and how it is resolved makes it hard to imagine how this story is gonna have another opportunity to create that climax. But these are just my thoughts after this chap, I'm open to the fact that Nakatani might blow my mind away next vol tho.

The type of development you propose for this chapter is good and I would have liked to see it too, but the negative part of it would be Touko agreeing to do things for someone else instead of herself, a pattern that has been shown regarding her sister. Even if that's not the intention, Yuu being hurt would have been the catalyst of Touko's change of mind regarding the play instead of Yuu's words, making Yuu's speech seem pointless (bc of the emphasis on Yuu's suffering). If there's a climax, I think it will be the play, since all the build-up is for it. It may look like an act on the outside, but it'll show Yuu saying her lines from her heart.

That's what I hope, too. Her subtexts are basically just texts, so unless her next work is het, we will get our yuri fill some way or another.

Did she say her doujins are subtext? There's no subtext about kissing a girl and telling you love her. I just know she said she just wanted to draw Touhou relationships bc they were troubled and wasn't thinking about it being yuri or not or something like that. Sound like denial though

Just not sure how emotionally tense this whole situation can get when the stake is seemingly dealt with. Maybe it'll be so tender, it'll make me forget I care about steaks in general.

The way things look, it seems the whole Touko's situation will be resolved first, then Yuu will finally be able to confess. As of chapter 26, she still can't manage to say her feelings even if she knows what they are. I think it's better that way, Yuu having some emotional breakdown which causes her to confess to Touko would take away the tender, romantic aspect of it and it will be a tearjerker instead. Nothing bad with the latter I just prefer the former.

Everyone should start headcanoning how this will play out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I guess the level of explicitness would be like the Yukari/Ran sex scene she did or hopefully a bit more explicit. But obviously much more romantic than that twisted doujin which will make the scene better.

On another note, what the hell was the cover of chapter 27 implying? Touko doesn't want anyone to see what?

last edited at Dec 3, 2017 10:29PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

The title of the series is Eventually, I Will Become Yours. At the very least, it foreshadows that the two will enter a relationship (even if they happen to break up at some point). The tone of the series also doesn't signal a tragic or even bittersweet ending.

That's a mistranslation. The literal translation of the japanese title is "eventually (no subject) will become you". Bloom Into You is the official english title chosen by Nakatani, who is fluent in english. That means she meant the japanese title to mean bloom into you. And she stated she wanted the title to be pretty yurish, and "bloom into you" sounds pretty gay.

Agree with everything else. It doesn't make sense for Yuu to reject Touko at all. That would happen only if Touko refuses to change, but that would be more Yuu giving up on her than rejecting her. Chapter 28 has "good end" written all over the place so I see unlikely that happens.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

I'm happy for Touko's development though. Being put back on the right track & having a whole new world of possibilities opened up before her--poor girl deserves it. The one thing that the story can still expand on with Touko's development is in that last line "I still think I'm empty, but I'll believe in Yuu for now." She's still unable to make decisions of her own yet & I think her coming to point where she can say "I'm choosing to live this way for my own sake" is when she can finally escape self-hatred (I honestly was hoping that the confrontation in this chap would lead to Touko self-reflecting and coming to this very conclusion just before the play, but I guess not). While I'm a bit unsure how things will play out from here on out (aside from the inevitable confession from Yuu), I look forward to future developments, waiting for Nakatani to surprise me.

Agree, but Touko's coming to that conclusion before the play would make the play performance useless imo. I'm not sure if you meant that you were expecting Touko coming to the conclusion you mentioned in this very same chapter, but if you did, one chapter isn't enough imo. It takes time to build it up. And Touko accepting herself won't lead to inmediately stop hating herself I guess. I suppose her overcoming her insecurities will slowly lead to love herself.
Anyways, I always mention this, but I hope yagakimi won't end after the main and only problem (Touko's issues) that keeps the main characters from being together is resolved, even if everything seems to point to that. I had enough of romance stories that end after the couple gets together, I want to see what's next here, even if only for one volume. I think there's potencial to see what happens next, but it all depends on Nakatani. I feel she may want to end it after the official couple moment happens and then pull an "and they lived happily ever after". Sayaka getting a gf of her own is also my dream, but I'm sure that one will just remain a dream. ;w;

This. This is why YagaKimi is my fav yuri manga right now. Too bad Nakatani won't be making anymore yuri-centric manga after it. I was really hoping for a yuri fantasy from her. Let's just hope she'll throw in her doujin-level "subtexts" in her next work at least.

Tbh her answer was pretty vague, it wasn't definite. I don't think she has thought about the plot of her next work since she's very careful about it and a yuri plot well elaborated takes time. And she's still doing yagakami. Maybe her fantasy work will be like her Touhou stuff: "I-It's not yuri at all, there are girls kissing and fucking but the main plot is fantasy not yuri!" Oh well one can dream I guess :v Since she likes writing about girls' relationships that fantasy manga can have lots of female characters and that's enough for shippers.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

This volume as a whole is rather weak, especially as a follow up on last vol. I was hoping this chap will justify the writing of ch 25 & 27, especially 27, by showing some thematic connection and resulting developments that clarify how those chaps are appropriate build-ups within the volume. Maybe later vol(s) will justify them, but with how well structured the other vols are, especially 3 & 4, vol 5 just comes off really incohesive with those two seemingly filler-y chapters disrupting the flow of the main focus of the vol--Touko's development.

I agree with this, I just feel vol. 5 is the weakest so far. First 3 volumes are great because they are the build-up of Touko and Yuu's relationship. Volume 4 is also great because it shows how Yuu is in love now and the way she expresses her feelings-even to merely herself in her thoughts-. They also build up Touko's conflicts in a progressive way, culminating in the development of the play that's approaching soon. But chapters 25 and 27 are imo what make this volume weak. Specially chapter 27, chapter 25 is a bit better but both really do feel like fillers. Chapter 25 at least was related to the play's writing and developed Koyomi's character in the process, the focus in Akari's situation with her crush felt random as fuck, like it doesn't even parallel Touko and Yuu's relationship to say it's at least useful to the plot, and Doujima's talk doesn't seem to have helped Yuu with her feelings or anything. Chapter 25 had a purpose, so I really hope chapter 27 will be at least a bit useful in the future, because for me it's the worst and only bad chapter so far. Maybe Nakatani did chapter 25 and 27 to complete volume 5, who knows. Highlights of this volume for me are 24, 26 and 28, 23 was good too.

The confrontation on the rooftop was great though. Yuu proves to us once again why she is best girl. However, I'm a bit unsure about how this chap is resolved. Touko obediently listens is very unexpected & it almost makes it seem like the story is about to wrap up soon. But if the series is wrapping up on this note, it'll just feel really anti-climatic. Touko's internal turmoil is the only real conflict that drives the series, so with her now being open to change, I have a hard time imagining how this series is going to stir up any sort of climax at all (& by climax, I don't mean people yelling and crying and running away from each other, something around the same level of intensity as ch 10 would be perfect). For a series that has been building up a lot of tension, ending on "everything works out smoothly" does not seem to be the best fit, IMO. Basically, I'm a bit unsure how future developments will play out after this chap, which can be a good thing or bad thing.

Maybe it's wrapping up. I hope not, and I don't want to believe Nakatani is giving up on yagakimi and because of that the manga will probably end soon. I definitely was expecting Touko being way more stubborn and as a consecuence of that some drama but she seemed more open to listen than before. While it's unexpected, I don't think it's necessarily a bad development. There are 2 things that I feel made her more willing to listen: her desire to be herself and her feelings for Yuu. She has expressed a genuine desire to be herself while at the same time she wants to fulfill her wish to be like her sister (even after knowing the sister she wants to be is a fake). And I think her feelings for Yuu have deepened, so that's another reason why she's willing to listen to Yuu and wants to believe in her. She wasn't disposed to listen to Sayaka for that very same reason. It also helps that Yuu had the right words while Sayaka didn't know how to reach to her.

Touko still has doubts, she hasn't changed yet, she hasn't accepted people's feelings yet, she hasn't admitted her way of thinking is wrong and she hasn't said "I deserved and want to be loved" yet. So I think the huge climax is the play, where after it, she'll be able to address the things I mentioned. Yuu's talk is more like a beginning, is just Touko more open to listen opinions different than hers. Ofc everything can still go to shit, but I hope they won't.

I do have mixed feelings about chapter 28. On the negative side, if only Yuu's talk was enough to make Touko change, then I will be disappointed, because being realistic, it's needed way more than that to make someone as stubborn as her change. Ofc it's only speculation so far, we'll see how volume 6 turns out to be.
On the positive side, I think it may be good, because if you really think about it, having Touko act extremely stubborn and unwilling to listen to everybody until the play happens and she magically changes her mind after it would be even much more unrealistic (specially since she has already read the new end, the play is just her performing the lines). For me, the ideal deal would be Touko having a progressive change (just like rl, people don't change all of a sudden) with Yuu's help /and Sayaka's/. Not sure if there will be a climax and I'm not sure if it's really needed (maybe the climax is happening right now, who knows). We don't know how the play will turn out yet so it's only speculation from readers. By the way, I feel some readers (including me) were getting tired of this Touko has problems plot. For me, the other thing that made this volume weak was the huge focus on the play's rewriting (esential part of that plot), I felt it took away Touko and Yuu moments. So with Touko more willing to change, I hope we can see more of their relationship again, since the play's rewriting is over and Touko has accepted the new script.

last edited at Dec 3, 2017 4:26PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Anyone else get the feeling that this story won't end with the "happy ending" that most people will want? Something tells me that at the end of it all, Yuu will reject Touko.

Yes, all that yuri baiting and those plot twist doujins can make you into one cynical mess... Let's just hope for the best but prepare for the worst

Are you talking about Nakatani? Because her previous stuff doesn't have that type of stuff

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Out for several days but actually close by... With a girl who happens to be his ex girlfriend AND during his birthday, if that isn't what we all think then is just really really forced to put that scenario.

Was her really the ex gf shown in this chapter? She appeared on chapter 4 as a friend of Kaoru and during the conversation with the friends it wasn't mentioned that she dated Reichi back in highschool. And the girl shown in the flashback doesn't look like her and doesn't wear glasses either. Btw if she really is Reichi's lover then what a bitch, betraying her friend like that-
Edit: yeah I just checked and there's this mole that the friend has under her left eye. Yeah, it's the same woman. So, lying about staying out of town more days, when he's actually with his ex gf. Considering the foreshadowing in chapter 4 about Reichi rejecting Kaoru many times before agreeing to date her and her friends saying there's nothing great about him, seems like he's in fact a cheater. But he also shown real concern about her, sometimes he acted cold but it it seemed he actually loved her, and he married her, why doing that if it's not for love? It's pretty clear Kaoru isn't rich. Maybe he did it for Uta? out of pity? Wait and see.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 10:18PM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

if it's bait, then it's terrible because it's a bad way to close a volume and then say "hey, it's just an misunderstanding!". Also, there's no way the wife won't end up with bad injuries, so if it's bait then that makes it even worse. Doesn't really seem like a misunderstanding though, with him lying about being absent for more days and some early foreshadowing. Still, it feels like a cheap and cliché way to make Uta x Kaoru happen (if that's the point at all).
Plot twist: Kaoru goes amnesiac due to the fall and ends up falling in love with Uta. Happy end.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

At this point, to me, this whole story isn't about a romance or anything like that at all. It's about one girl's journey trying to get someone she cares about immensely to fully realize just how self-destructive she is in a very selfish way and then move onto the road to recovery. It's about a person who is capable of self-reflection and self-awareness and using that to help another person to get out of a bad situation they put themselves in. The romance is just a nice extra thrown in.

Well she did say she's drawing the center of a GL story so you have a point there.

joined Jul 17, 2016

Way better than the original crap

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

Doujima x Akari end game? More likely than you think.
Reminds me of that Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun side pairing. The one baseball guy and the gyaru.

I don't care about them being endgame as long as it's only mentioned or at best happens in one special chapter. Dedicating part of a chapter or even a whole chapter about them being a side couple would be such a waste.

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 10:59AM

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

The ending with Touko wasn't that bad, I thought of it as foreshadowing for next chapter and while her thoughts are repetitive, her last line delivers because it shows her disappointment on Yuu.

Actually, aren’t several of her statements there probably lines from the play? She’s looking at her script, and the phrase “Ever since I woke up” applies to the amnesiac character. So everything in the round bubbles in that sequence except Yuu’s name may have been written for her.

All she's saying are lines for the play until she thinks "wrong?" from there on everything is Touko thinking about how she believed Yuu would help her

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

if next chap is really gonna be another big confrontation that results in a confession, whether intentional or unintentional, ending on Yuu's self-reflection instead of Touko's would've been a lot stronger, IMO.

Agree with this. That Doujima speech and the whole Akari scene was fine but it became kind of pointless due to Yuu's thoughts not being shown. Her reaction after Akari told her she will give up on her crush was certainly Yuu thinking about Touko, or so it seems since Yuu remained stoic the entire time until Akari mentioned the last part. But still, it feels to me like that reaction from Yuu was not enough. Come to think of it though, next chapter is the last one of this volume, so maybe the point is for Yuu to have a whole big inner monologue next chapter to create a bigger impact. The ending with Touko wasn't that bad, I thought of it as foreshadowing for next chapter and while her thoughts are repetitive, her last line delivers because it shows her disappointment on Yuu.
Still, this chapter was kind of meh-tier. Hopefully next chapter will really deliver. So far all the last chapters of each volume have been great, next one can't be the exception.

Scarlet128
joined Jul 17, 2016

I think the whole emphasis in Doujima's speech is meant to cause some impact on Yuu that will make her move next chapter and that's it. It wasn't really necessary, but the more you think about it, Yuu has no one to talk about her situation, so listening to Doujima talking to Akari may be the closest thing she has of an advice right now

Tfw the chapter isn't posted on dynasty yet but some ppl just don't give a fuck about spoiling others apparently :')

But yeah it was obviously drawing a parallel to Yuu's situation and stalemate, hitting close to home, allowing Yuu to express some sadness for feelings she can't admit to or share as openly.

Hm and I guess the reason why the play bothers Touko so much, despite that it's just a play and has no real necessary impact on her life and actual decisions, is because she's lost some confidence I suppose.It's rubbing her the wrong way cus it's a very direct attack on what she believes in and is trying to achieve. To be forced to play this character and repeat these lines she loathes to hear, she's taking it personally.

Sorry :v since there were comments I thought it was already posted, :v

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 9:44PM by Nezchan