Forum › How I Lose Bets With My Sadistic Gifted Childhood Friend and She Steals All of My Firsts discussion

joined Nov 10, 2022

Remind me of Arioto

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I was not prepared for that mini-twist (?). I'm interested to see where this goes.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Still more constent than in Watanare!

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Well hook line and sinker for me. This is quite interesting, I just want to see Miss Perfect fall head over heel and get desperate for love from our girl. She'll realize then she ain't perfect.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

Well hook line and sinker for me. This is quite interesting, I just want to see Miss Perfect fall head over heel and get desperate for love from our girl. She'll realize then she ain't perfect.

Tbh I think she did already
This entire thing feels like a desperate attempt to get our mc to catch on to miss perfects feelings / develop feelings for them.
Kinda like A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 1:17PM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

I forsee this going absolutely perfectly. Absolutely nothing will drive a wedge between them at all.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Yea im not gonna lie im not huge on this. As someone said, it feels like the "perfect" girl is already into the MC (im gonna guess the guy she was kissing in the flashback was the MCs crush or something) so this is probably gonna go in a similar direction as "girl who insists its impossible" except with a nastier tone and worse artstyle.
Although i just dont generally enjoy watching ppl get toyed around with mentally so im just not really the target audience for this one.

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 1:54PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Tbh I think she did already
This entire thing feels like a desperate attempt to get our mc to catch on to miss perfects feelings / develop feelings for them.
Kinda like A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Good shout. I hadn't thought about that series for a while.

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 1:53PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

DridyEXE posted:

Yea im not gonna lie im not huge on this. As someone said, it feels like the "perfect" girl is already into the MC (im gonna guess the guy she was kissing in the flashback was the MCs crush or something) so this is probably gonna go in a similar direction as "girl who insists its impossible" except with a nastier tone and worse artstyle.
Although i just dont generally enjoy watching ppl get toyed around with mentally so im just not really the target audience for this one.

What are you on? She didn't kiss that guy.

She probably dated him, but like Japanese teens date: holding hands is as far as it goes at that age.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

I'm all in for reading some toxic yuri. Definitely shows promise and could be more interesting than watanare and arioto

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

So less fked up and a tad more wholesome than Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell!, I guess?

joined Jan 21, 2020

What are you on? She didn't kiss that guy.

She probably dated him, but like Japanese teens date: holding hands is as far as it goes at that age.

Ah yea misremembered that page but same idea anyways.
Also im gonna go ahead and say that the idea that japanese teens dont kiss is absolutely wild lmao

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 2:47PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

So less fked up and a tad more wholesome than Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell!, I guess?

I was about to say this is kinda fucked up, but when you compare it, this manga seems positively angelic

joined Sep 28, 2022

reminds me of kiss and a white lily kinda

joined Apr 10, 2021

I think they should have sex and marry. Or other way around if they must.

joined Aug 13, 2021

reminds me of kiss and a white lily kinda

I sense a bit of "Can't Degy the Lonely Girl" as well

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Oh, I want Wakaba to just drag this bitch through the mud. If she wants a happy ending she better be forced through hell to reach it.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The setup is a bit muddled but I'm looking forward to what comes next

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, my conclusion is this premise reminds me of other premises. Yup.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I hope y'all have fun with this manga

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Based on what I'm seeing in this first chapter, this is a pretty pure dom/sub story. People who are into that will like it, people who aren't won't.

There's the surface level plot of "oh I want to get one over on her so she realizes she isn't so perfect and can have equal relationships with others" but the whole bets thing is just an excuse for them to do romantic DS stuff, both in and out of universe. I assume eventually Wakaba will realize "Hey wait a minute, I keep agreeing to bets that inevitably end with this hot girl ordering me around and making me kiss her and stuff, and that makes me feel good, what could this possibly mean?"

Anyway, I like the way they position the characters, with Komaki above Wakaba, wrapping her legs around her possessively. It was also a good choice to have Komaki be taller and fuller figured. I don't expect this to be an especially clever or original story, but they're getting the core appeal stuff right.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Based on what I'm seeing in this first chapter, this is a pretty pure dom/sub story. People who are into that will like it, people who aren't won't.

There's the surface level plot of "oh I want to get one over on her so she realizes she isn't so perfect and can have equal relationships with others" but the whole bets thing is just an excuse for them to do romantic DS stuff, both in and out of universe. I assume eventually Wakaba will realize "Hey wait a minute, I keep agreeing to bets that inevitably end with this hot girl ordering me around and making me kiss her and stuff, and that makes me feel good, what could this possibly mean?"

Anyway, I like the way they position the characters, with Komaki above Wakaba, wrapping her legs around her possessively. It was also a good choice to have Komaki be taller and fuller figured. I don't expect this to be an especially clever or original story, but they're getting the core appeal stuff right.

Yeah I think excuse is very possibly the big word here. I'm hoping this plays less into things being toxic, and instead plays more into oh no I keep losing to my childhood friend and she keeps having me kiss her, what a shame, truly the worst. Basically similar energy to this V

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Huh, all the weirdly introspective internal monologue brings this from a "wow, she is losing bets and has to play gay chicken howwww original" to "omg this is kinda cool actually"

Also in Japanese losing is a euphemism for like subbing or something LOL they really baked the Reversal tag into the premise

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I've never once conceived D/s could be romantic...you've opened my eyes, I don't really like the BDSM world, but some not real D/s is fun to read sometimes! Now I am looking forward to this, cos it's not as "open" like Mira's work, you know..those titles...escape me, but Mira is like ropes and dungeons lol.

joined Oct 25, 2010

This is wonderfully drawn and it certainly has potential for amazing tweaks and twists. I think Wakaba may be overstating her sadistic nature .

To reply you must either login or sign up.