Forum › Posts by Aeby

joined Sep 28, 2022

when i saw this was the last chapter i thought the ending was gonna feel rushed but i actually feel fairly content

i too wish we got more of a outro for satsuki with each of komachi, akira, miho but in a way this kinda makes sense too since its not like the daily struggle of keeping people alive is gonna end, itd be strange if they kinda did like an outro since in universe nothing specific happened as far as that goes

if notning else i wish we could've avoided the "couple achieved, manga end" thing that so many do but eh i can live with it its a lot better than many mangas get

joined Sep 28, 2022

what a banger chapter

page 2 is amazing, the way shes drawn komachi goes from being scary and an unknown for 80 chapters to this tiny girl who cant handle anything anymore contrasted by the always large and powerful satsuki

the i cant lie was smooth as all get out

i was a tiny bit worried about this reveal as its extremely rare for such a full series question to be resolved in a reasonable and fulfilling way but they absolutely nailed it, this works so well and recontextualizes so many interactions

also komako a super cute, satsuki won (sorry akira)

joined Sep 28, 2022

reminds me of kiss and a white lily kinda

joined Sep 28, 2022

I do like that Seocchi is essentially going "yeah I fucking tried you know, and turns out being a goody two shoes doesn't matter if Prez still wants me dead. So I'll show him, hell I'll show everyone just how evil I can be"

It makes her heel turn fun, and like yeah, if you try you damnedest and then the idiot arbiter decides you have to die anyway. Then redemption isn't going to save you so you might as well send everyone to hell with you.

"If I can't fight fate, I may as well spit in its face as I go down."

Sometimes all the good intentions in the world can't stop that world from using you as its punch line. May as well give in and let the ride take you where it will at that point. Prez is still a creepy scumbag, and he's actually still more a villain in this than Seo is as far as I'm concerned. I sympathize a lot more with her than I do him, certainly. Dunno if that's gonna be an unpopular opinion or not. I have a feeling it's mostly determined by how much each reader personally relates to her mentality here.

both are very bad I think and not mutually exclusive

if she was only after prez I could maybe see some argument but blowing up a room full of people for no reason besides nihilism absolutely is way beyond the pale imo

joined Sep 28, 2022

I was so sure yamada meant something more serious when she was all smiles and didn't seem to care about Kase's race in the first two pages, like kase would take the key and find and empty place with yamada having moved on

but no she just accepts kase is jerking her around I guess cause she's afraid of being alone or something lol, the original kase san series felt realistic and believable in a good and happy way while this just feels sad if still somewhat believable, truly the couple life experience

Aeby
Wanna Sip? discussion 09 Sep 15:29
joined Sep 28, 2022

this was great, I was so glad to see it won an award of some kind

absolutely looking forward to more from this author, super cute dialogue and art

joined Sep 28, 2022

Karen being sure about hikari sticking around feels a bit dark considering how the movie starts lol

Aeby
Their Gazes discussion 27 Jun 17:50
joined Sep 28, 2022

Was Chisato always that stacked....?

Yeah she kinda is honestly, this is maybe slight exaggerating but she's quite big when they actually have to show it

the anime just did a good job not being all in your face about it and her outfits don't show it off most of the time

joined Sep 28, 2022

slightly ironic that nana of all people is championing junnas never giving up given what goes down in the movie lol but still cute

joined Sep 28, 2022

at this point I kinda hope the next chapter is gonna be named "breaking up and kase san"

maybe Yamada can meet a nice girl in college

joined Sep 28, 2022

as much as I kinda wanted nagisa to just go in and say everything this is probably a better more realistic option really, confessing to ai now just puts her in a very hard to navigate spot since this manga is grounded in reality lol

joined Sep 28, 2022

to be fair the very first chapter she jumps off the third story to crash into a falling metal sign, it's been rather over the top from the getgo I think, as someone who marathoned the entire series a week ago or so the backstory for prez feels right in line with the rest, like how satsukis dad is a doctor so he WORSHIPS LIFE, it makes some like intuitive sense but if you really stop and think about it it's kinda crazy

unrelatedly, I think it's very interesting how Komachi acts has changed since the start too, in chapter one she seems more genuinely concerned for satsukis wellbeing, more normally afraid of death and such, less weirdly passive and accepting of all things, makes me wonder if her shift is cause she's the living dead (in a manner of speaking) or if it's something else