Forum › Boyfriend Sometimes Girlfriend discussion

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Really good first chapter. It being so long really helps to establish the feelings between the main couple better than a lot of romcoms manage. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

On an unrelated note, for as pretty as most of this chapter was, I couldn't help but think on this page that the pair looked like a couple of aliens XD. I think it's the glossiness of their eyes.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Surprisingly no one has brought up this author's previous series, Koi to Uso/ Love and Lies, which managed to have an anime but got mixed reception. That series is het, but does have a gay character.
The premise reminds me of this oneshot called Trans Star which is one of the better genderbender works I've read, though I doubt the change is permanent in this case, since it's still published in a traditional shounen magazine and all.

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 9:50AM

joined Jun 25, 2021

On an unrelated note, for as pretty as most of this chapter was, I couldn't help but think on this page that the pair looked like a couple of aliens XD. I think it's the glossiness of their eyes.

bottom panel of page 026 stood out more to me

joined Nov 16, 2021

why does she look so sad? she should be glad we're gonna get some yuri

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I read a bit ahead.

He changes back next day. He meets her family. Her father is also a "magical trans woman". It's a curse that runs in the family apparently

joined Jul 8, 2019

wat

joined Mar 18, 2023

seems fun.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Kinda bored reading their conversation but I think they're quite cute together. The fact he turns biologically female is so funny to me.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

inb4 the main character is written like a trans woman but the series vehemently denies anything queer the whole time. (This probably will not happen.)

It appears to be a gender bender story, which isn't really about that

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Yo, that is some CUTE het!
I'm on board

joined Oct 2, 2021

This is fantastic, love the characters and the emotions coming off the page.
Interesting to see if everyone else can see him transform.
Does Chihaya like Hodaka just as much as a girl?

( hopefully so)〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 1:39AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Oh no everyone she kisses turns into a beautiful girl, what a terrible curse

Open kissing booth. Make bank.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

Lmao was so worried the girl would be the one to genderbend which wouldve been hilarious but this is much better

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This magazine is smart to tap into the (mostly ignored) demographic of closeted trans women who read a lot of shounen manga lol

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

also yeah cool flex to do a tl/redraw of the whole ass title page, ur my favorite up and coming scan group

joined Aug 21, 2017

Thanks for translating, this looks like it will be a really fun story.
As many others have commented, props for also translating the cover.

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

I mean this in an entirely complimentary rather than critical way - holy shit, this did not need the supernatural element. The dialogue and characterization and expressiveness is so freaking good that even as somebody who rarely reads het romance, the hook provided by a gimmick was completely unnecessary because I was already completely captivated. This feels like it's in an entirely different class of quality than 95% of manga.

I was thinking that too haha! But we'll see how it goes, I already definitely believe in the characters' chemistry so hopefully it'll be interesting to see them navigate the gender/supernatural thing and not just a way to manufacture drama in an otherwise peaceful relationship.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

He is such a good person I wish he was my boyfriend, that's it, I'm an otaku now. Loved the couple and the way the fell in love, top notch translation

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Oh, this is really great. I love seeing the male character showing such a vulnerable level of honesty and understanding of his own feelings and seemingly being comfortable with sharing such a level of intimacy.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

seems promising even if it stays full het

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

I think it'd be neat for gender fluid people if mc ends up embracing both the masc and femme identities, I don't think he needs to settle for one or the other. Regardless what happens though, this looks like it'll be fun and cute.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I wasn't joking about the estrogen = love metaphor btw, quite a few girlies I've spoken to have described going on estrogen as something similar to how Hodaka described how beautiful the world is to him now.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This magazine is smart to tap into the (mostly ignored) demographic of closeted trans women who read a lot of shounen manga lol

Suddenly reminded of my high school reading habits. (Why yes, I was very invested in Ranma 1/2 back in the day...)

I wasn't joking about the estrogen = love metaphor btw, quite a few girlies I've spoken to have described going on estrogen as something similar to how Hodaka described how beautiful the world is to him now.

I didn't realize I was depressed until that veil got lifted, then suddenly life felt worth living for the first time I could recall. And while the setup makes it sound like Hodaka may not have been depressed, the ennui described is comparable.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I love things like this, can't wait

joined Apr 10, 2023

Surprisingly no one has brought up this author's previous series, Koi to Uso/ Love and Lies, which managed to have an anime but got mixed reception. That series is het, but does have a gay character.
The premise reminds me of this oneshot called Trans Star which is one of the better genderbender works I've read, though I doubt the change is permanent in this case, since it's still published in a traditional shounen magazine and all.

Considering this seems to be the successor to Welcome Back Alice's publication slot I wouldn't rule out literally ANYTHING.

To reply you must either login or sign up.