Forum › Boyfriend Sometimes Girlfriend discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Hodaka has a cute, slightly oddball personality; I think I would like him even if the story were about regular crossdressing or forcefemming.

[Spoilers from the next chapter] The shapeshifting technically should not preclude the occasional crossdressing (for lack of a better term, since Hodaka's identity might evolve over time); it would be cool to see him e.g. go to school wearing the girls' uniform while in boy form. There are lots of ways to use the "girlfriend's kiss gives him a girl form for a day" mechanic.

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 9:43AM

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

ngl that chapter was very sweet, thought its gonna go in a crossdressing kinda direction.
I very much laughed out loud in joy fro being suprised by the last part.

very rare that I am surprised these day but very happy, they managed to do that

joined Mar 13, 2020

Love me some genderbending, doesn't quite seem to have the trans kind of angle so far but I'll guess we'll see.

I'm I crazy to say I think genderbending does not always =trans...?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

You are not. That venn diagram has quite a bit of overlap, but is most definitely not a single circle. (And I'm saying that as someone that's openly trans, for context.)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Love me some genderbending, doesn't quite seem to have the trans kind of angle so far but I'll guess we'll see.

You're not, Gender bender is a genre independent of transexuality or such things. Sure it can appeal to those people but it's not a part of the genre

The title is boyfriend sometimes girlfriend, so I'm going to assume he'll transform back (maybe with another kiss)

Actually my guess is they TRADED genders. That would be wild.

that would be so cool omg

joined May 29, 2022

I’ve never been too big on BL but Idk y I was disappointed it wasn’t. Maybe cuz I wanted to see it be done that way for once cuz most of the time it’s the guy that turns into a girl.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I love that when he genderbends he is still as tall as before. Wonder if they are going to change pronouns when the transformation happens.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I’ve never been too big on BL but Idk y I was disappointed it wasn’t. Maybe cuz I wanted to see it be done that way for once cuz most of the time it’s the guy that turns into a girl.

There is BL where a girl turns into a dude but it's just as nasty as when a dude turns into a girl solely for wish fulfillment purposes in yuri.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

There is BL where a girl turns into a dude but it's just as nasty as when a dude turns into a girl solely for wish fulfillment purposes in yuri.

I wonder why you think it's nasty. Feel free to elaborate

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 5:55AM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

WHAT

joined Aug 20, 2022

The author did a really good job of establishing their romance/chemistry before they got together. Big emphasis on liking the other's personality regardless of appearance. Maybe I'd like het couples in media more if they actually took the time to build a foundation like this, rather than assuming the audience will buy into a relationship because they're both conventionally attractive

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

het romance so good it doesn't even need to be yuri (and yet i'm still glad it is)

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

Loved this! It's so cute! The art is so pretty!!! Here for it!! Waiting for the next!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Somewhat tolerable even though it isn't really Yuri. Wild - I never thought I would say those words.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm just glad the cat was okay.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Well that's like, An absolute win no matter what really

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

I'm confused.... Is her father permanently stuck as a woman? Or are her parents just making out all the time so it's always the case? Because they said there's no precedent for someone becoming stuck but the story seems to imply her father is unable to become a man again.

joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm confused.... Is her father permanently stuck as a woman? Or are her parents just making out all the time so it's always the case? Because they said there's no precedent for someone becoming stuck but the story seems to imply her father is unable to become a man again.

If they did get stuck as a woman, there's no reason not stay as one if you don't want to. Trans men exist in Japan, after all.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I wonder if Hodaka's views on gender are gonna change. I'm pretty sure the "Even if I'm a girl, I'll be a man worthy of loving you" or whatever the exact phrasing was supposed to be was mostly a Funny Epic Line, but Hodaka seems to really not give a shit, other than how inconvenient it is to have titties

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

If they did get stuck as a woman, there's no reason not stay as one if you don't want to. Trans men exist in Japan, after all.

Trans people don't exist in gender bender stories lol

I genuinely wonder if these writers ever consider like, the fact that trans people exist. They at least acknowledged that gay people exist here cause they went "if a woman kisses someone of the opposite sex", so I guess gay women in her family don't gotta put up with any bullshit. But I've never seen them really acknowledge trans people existing in any real way, even though a LOT of gender bender media feels like wish fulfillment by trans people who are very deep in the closet.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Trans people don't exist in gender bender stories lol

I genuinely wonder if these writers ever consider like, the fact that trans people exist. They at least acknowledged that gay people exist here cause they went "if a woman kisses someone of the opposite sex", so I guess gay women in her family don't gotta put up with any bullshit. But I've never seen them really acknowledge trans people existing in any real way, even though a LOT of gender bender media feels like wish fulfillment by trans people who are very deep in the closet.

No, no. The clear thing we're all missing is that if you're a trans man the curse doesn't discriminate and changes you again. Truly the most gender affirming curse.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Man, they're just too sweet

last edited at Nov 30, 2023 3:58AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

dis “gender bender” but actually yuri shit is awesome

last edited at Nov 30, 2023 4:43AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I wasn't joking about the estrogen = love metaphor btw, quite a few girlies I've spoken to have described going on estrogen as something similar to how Hodaka described how beautiful the world is to him now.

I didn't realize I was depressed until that veil got lifted, then suddenly life felt worth living for the first time I could recall. And while the setup makes it sound like Hodaka may not have been depressed, the ennui described is comparable.

Well it's definitely not a scene that's meant to hammer in how in love he is, love has never made people smuldgy about how wonderful the world is

To reply you must either login or sign up.