Forum › The Engagement of the Disgraced Witch and the Cross-Dressing Princess discussion

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I feel like even comparing this to MagiRev insults MagiRev. Still, I'm not saying this will be bad. It's a bit generic and over the top but it might go nice places.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I feel like even comparing this to MagiRev insults MagiRev. Still, I'm not saying this will be bad. It's a bit generic and over the top but it might go nice places.

I mean. MagiRevo is kinda bad and pretty generic

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I don't think anything will ever top "May I Ask For One Final Thing?" for me when it comes to this particular story opening trope. So damn satisfying.

That the one where the villainess beats the shit out of a room full of nobles?

That's the one, and then she proceeds to pummel bunch or other people and things as her primary problem solving method. Good times. I mean she's not really the villainess of the story of course but still.

joined Jul 4, 2018

aight, lets do it

joined Jul 4, 2018

also, first pages art was something i found myself entranced by, i really liked it for some reason. i guess the black magis wisps really caught me off guard. maybe the contrast?

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter was significantly better than chapter 1. I guess with the premise out of the way the manga is now able to actually delve into the characters' personalities and relationships; Ciel in particular is a much more compelling character when she's not putting on a facade. The two MCs have a fun dynamic and I appreciate that Evris is not just going along with Ciel's flow.

The girl at the end of the chapter is definitely Lillian, Evris's former friend, but her characterization is...pretty different from how it was in chapter 1. In chapter 1 the author seemed to be setting up a "she's actually a good person who's being blackmailed or something" twist, but the last two pages of this chapter seem to be setting her up as like a yandere villain who's obsessed with Evris. Personally I'm hoping she'll end up being more complex than either of those possibilities.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Why do I have this feeling that Leo will return as a dreadful antagonist in the future?

Pulse%20pic%20cropped
joined Feb 10, 2020

This Lillian chick is giving off "I exist to torment Evris" vibes...

last edited at Jul 2, 2023 2:36AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Is that Lillian at the end?
Wasn't she going to marry a prince (Eve's ex) and live happily ever after? What the hell is she doing, running after Eve? And attacking guards in another city in another country, which I'm sure is enough to make you into a wanted criminal?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Ciel: "She won't leave... because of the implication."

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Is that Lillian at the end?
Wasn't she going to marry a prince (Eve's ex) and live happily ever after? What the hell is she doing, running after Eve? And attacking guards in another city in another country, which I'm sure is enough to make you into a wanted criminal?

Nobles tend to assume they're above the law, she probably didn't even think there'd be consequences.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The girl at the end of the chapter is definitely Lillian, Evris's former friend, but her characterization is...pretty different from how it was in chapter 1. In chapter 1 the author seemed to be setting up a "she's actually a good person who's being blackmailed or something" twist, but the last two pages of this chapter seem to be setting her up as like a yandere villain who's obsessed with Evris. Personally I'm hoping she'll end up being more complex than either of those possibilities.

My money is on her Actually being Leo, how else would she know. Unless she is an Alphardian nobel

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The little creature that looks like Goomy from Pokemon reminds me of Rei's pet from I Favor the Villainess, not that I mind though, I could always get behind seeing more cute mystical creatures in yuri manga

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

My money is on her Actually being Leo, how else would she know. Unless she is an Alphardian nobel

That's my guess too.

joined May 3, 2014

I mean. MagiRevo is kinda bad and pretty generic

that’s….an opinion :3 and nothing more :3 and subjective as hell no less

joined May 10, 2021

That was a pretty good chapter, I was expecting Evri to be head over heels Ciel but, glad this will have actual character and relationship development.
Now we just need the two of them to bitchslap whatsherface and we'll be golden.
Thanks for the translation;

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Lilian looked like the innocent bystander wrapped up in politics previously, but this chapter suggests that she might have had a more active hand in the fiancée's action from the first chapter.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

The little creature that looks like Goomy from Pokemon reminds me of Rei's pet from I Favor the Villainess, not that I mind though, I could always get behind seeing more cute mystical creatures in yuri manga

Thought the exact same thing! Looks like Relaire(?).

last edited at Jul 2, 2023 7:59AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"Who's ever heard of a marriage between two women?!"

"Lesbians exist, Jan"

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

The two main leads don't seem to be anything special, but at the same time, they're fun and seem to have a neat dynamic. I especially like Evri, which poor position in the family was due to her dark magic, so she was shafted from the get-go which forced her to put up a cynical front most if not all of her life. I just hope we won't get too many "subtle metaphors"... I rolled my eyes at that "magic and sex prejudice" thing.

And after some consideration, I'll gladly welcome a series that's just a fantasy and not an isekai.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

I feel like stealing the toy creature is so wierdly specific and a "poor parent" move. I feel kinda bad that this person is probably gonna go to jail for that.
Also, I bet on crossdressing prince, at least I kinda hope so

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wow, this first page with Eve denying marriage could be wrong use, but Ciel is a descendent of a large tradiction of lady oscar

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Yeah, this was my thought too. We have the sister cross-dressing as a man, so it seems only right for the brother to be cross-dressing as a woman.

joined Mar 19, 2022

"Call off the engagement!" bitch do you want to marry some fucking man? I mean come on, how is this not the best possible outcome for you?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This is certainly moving at a fast pace! Can't believe Eve didn't want to smooch a cute girl right off the hop, though, smdh.

last edited at Jul 2, 2023 11:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.