Forum › The Engagement of the Disgraced Witch and the Cross-Dressing Princess discussion

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Ah, Lillian is going to be an issue . . . .

Which is rather surprising. I expected her involvement to be constrained to the first chapter and perhaps one or two chapters after Evri has started developing feelings for Ciel and is stumbling through the denial.
(She'd probably be the catalyst for Evri going "ah fuck im gay," which would then probably launch us into the "awkward avoidance and obvious feelings" arc.)

Except . . . . She's Not that character. I'm actually kind of excited to see how her character is handled.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I thought the speech bubble where it said "magic, sex..." was saying "magic sex" and I was like "woah, getting a little ahead of yourself there, and adventurous".

joined Jul 19, 2011

Well this was a pretty good chapter as long as we ignore Ciel's backstory. That thing was just made no sense. There was no mention of hiding the twins away for the first ten years of their lives so everyone would know that Ciel was a girl and that Leo was the firstborn.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I'm just waiting for the prince to show up dressed as a girl and start a love triangle. "Whichever of us seduces Evri will become the true ruler of the kingdom!"

That seems like the sort of fun nonsense this series would pull. Maybe the Prince is Lillian somehow

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I just hope we won't get too many "subtle metaphors"... I rolled my eyes at that "magic and sex prejudice" thing.

Doesn't that metaphor fall apart when you look at Ciel and her Light Magic

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well this was a pretty good chapter as long as we ignore Ciel's backstory. That thing was just made no sense. There was no mention of hiding the twins away for the first ten years of their lives so everyone would know that Ciel was a girl and that Leo was the firstborn.

That lighting is powered by gas

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Is that Lillian at the end?
Wasn't she going to marry a prince (Eve's ex) and live happily ever after? What the hell is she doing, running after Eve?

Houston, we have a yandere.

There's a manga by Kodama Naoko called Uminekosou Days. Have you read it? Me, I read it in Spanish, long ago. I know a group started translating it to English at some time, but I'm not sure if it was completed.

Anyway, in this manga, at the beginning, the mc Mayumi is dating a guy and they're planning to get married; but Mayumi's bestie Touko seduces him and pushes him to cancel the wedding and break up with Mayumi. Mayumi is very hurt and leaves the city. She goes to a seaside resort where she meets Rin, a young woman who runs a boarding house, and they fall in love. After a couple of months, a frantic Touko arrives to the resort. Turns out that Touko dumped Mayumi's ex-fiancé as soon as Mayumi left the city, and has spent all this time looking for her... and now that she has found that Mayumi has a new lover, she's determined to ruin this relationship as well!

It's never explicitely stated, but it's obvious to the readers that Touko is 1) more than a little unhinged, and 2) obsessed with Mayumi. She feels jealousy when Mayumi gets close to other people and always tries to sabotage her relationships, wishing to forever remain her one and only. All of this is eerily similar to the thing between Eve and Lillian! Eve says that Lillian has always been her only friend... but isn't that because Lillian chased away everyone else? And when Eve got engaged, Lillian stole her man; and now she has left him to come again after Eve! And she's even attacking guards, she must have totally lost her marbles!

This is what I'm getting from the story so far: I get from Lillian the same vibe as Touko.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is that Lillian at the end?
Wasn't she going to marry a prince (Eve's ex) and live happily ever after? What the hell is she doing, running after Eve?

Houston, we have a yandere.

There's a manga by Kodama Naoko called Uminekosou Days. Have you read it? Me, I read it in Spanish, long ago. I know a group started translating it to English at some time, but I'm not sure if it was completed.

Anyway, in this manga, at the beginning, the mc Mayumi is dating a guy and they're planning to get married; but Mayumi's bestie Touko seduces him and pushes him to cancel the wedding and break up with Mayumi. Mayumi is very hurt and leaves the city. She goes to a seaside resort where she meets Rin, a young woman who runs a boarding house, and they fall in love. After a couple of months, a frantic Touko arrives to the resort. Turns out that Touko dumped Mayumi's ex-fiancé as soon as Mayumi left the city, and has spent all this time looking for her... and now that she has found that Mayumi has a new lover, she's determined to ruin this relationship as well!

It's never explicitely stated, but it's obvious to the readers that Touko is 1) more than a little unhinged, and 2) obsessed with Mayumi. She feels jealousy when Mayumi gets close to other people and always tries to sabotage her relationships, wishing to forever remain her one and only. All of this is eerily similar to the thing between Eve and Lillian! Eve says that Lillian has always been her only friend... but isn't that because Lillian chased away everyone else? And when Eve got engaged, Lillian stole her man; and now she has left him to come again after Eve! And she's even attacking guards, she must have totally lost her marbles!

This is what I'm getting from the story so far: I get from Lillian the same vibe as Touko.

You seem to have ... sextouple posted? You may want to delete 5 of those.

As for the similarities to Touko. That's possible, but there does seem to be a large prejudice against dark magic, in this setting and especially in her home city, and her previous fiance was certainly a horrible person on his own, so it's possible no sabotage was necessary.

Konohacoin(1)
joined Jan 23, 2022

The tropes may be layered on somewhat thick, but I'm all here for it. Ciel is simultaneously the most clumsy disaster lesbian and the smoothest girlfucker, so Evris is definitely going to fall for her fast.

I wonder what Lillian is after? I see a lot of speculation that she might be a yandere that perhaps wanted to monopolize Eve, but we don't really have much information. And I hope the brother shows up and he's also crossdressing as a princess. That'd be gold.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

You seem to have ... sextouple posted? You may want to delete 5 of those.

Gah. Thanks for the warning; done now.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

My money is on her Actually being Leo

I can't deny that thought going through my mind for a moment as well. Unlikely to be the case, though, since that would mean prince Mark trading one dark magic user for another. Can't really call your ex-fiancee a witch when your new one is the same.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I really enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to more.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

My money is on her Actually being Leo

I can't deny that thought going through my mind for a moment as well. Unlikely to be the case, though, since that would mean prince Mark trading one dark magic user for another. Can't really call your ex-fiancee a witch when your new one is the same.

Also, I was under the impression that Eve and Lillian knew each other since they were little children. That wouldn't be possible if Lillian was Leo.

Otoh I like a lot the Lillian/Touko parallel.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

.....loving these designs.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The Leo thing, like the whole "banishing a powerful dark magic user for being a dark magic user", seems custom designed to answer the question "How can I most thoroughly get my actions to come back and bite me in the ass?"

last edited at Jul 3, 2023 2:04AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The Leo thing, like the whole "banishing a powerful dark magic user for being a dark magic user", seems custom designed to answer the question "How can I most thoroughly get my actions to come back and bite me in the ass?"

I'll take "self-fulfilling prophecies" for 100, Alex.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Why do I have this feeling that Leo will return as a dreadful antagonist in the future?

I have a feeling that Leo will be what Evris would've become if Evris never received a helping hand in the form of Ciel.

And what eventually saves Leo from the brainwashing caused by thinking that he is all that is bad in this world is the power of the M2 Bradley firing TOW missiles of love,stating how Ciel did everything in her brothers' place like the best sister she could ever possibly be,and that was among the many things that made her fall in love with such a cheeky crossdesser.

And I hope the brother shows up and he's also crossdressing as a princess. That'd be gold.

Bonus points if they made Leo cross-dress near the end to publicially state that the younger twin has been rescued,just to make things easier on everyone.

AND THIS IS JUST CHAPTER TWO!

With Lillian,if the other comments are to be believed,now stirring the pot after a very stable foundation has been for reasons...perhaps gold digging?...at least they've got a competent maid.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Ciel's maid Toki Margaret is extremely cute. Elbow gloves are the best.

Also, it only had a couple little musical notes coming out of it, but I'd like to believe that the bunny-blob was going HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY DARLING, HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAALLLLL

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

It might be because I really only read yuri, but I definitely think this has the potential to be very original in the way it’s presenting well-worn tropes!

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

... And what eventually saves Leo from the brainwashing caused by thinking that he is all that is bad in this world is the power of the M2 Bradley firing TOW missiles of love, ...

lol nice

Anyway, inb4 20 chapters later where Leo comes back and it's turned out he had a mirrored BL story with whatshisface bad guy from chapter 1, and everyone is gay and happy and okay.

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

It's not really common, to my knowledge, but historically there have been times and places where it wasn't unusual to dress little kids the same way regardless of sex. Assuming royal children weren't seen regularly in public when so young, their parents could probably then obfuscate the matter when it happened. It's still a big stretch, but I wouldn't call it impossible.

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

Ngl I like this one but it feels like a parody of both MagiRevo and I'm In Love With The Villainess lol

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

On reflection, in picking someone to be her spouse who also has dark magic, I think she's trying to prove that her brother would have been loved by the people just fine. Or even to lure him back when Eve is received well by the people.

Of course, none of this precludes her brother becoming yandere, crossdressing, falling in love with the mean prince, or just being an ordinary trans girl. Just thinking about the setup more.

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Two chapters and six pages of comments... This must be a good one-

joined May 26, 2016

I feel like even comparing this to MagiRev insults MagiRev. Still, I'm not saying this will be bad. It's a bit generic and over the top but it might go nice places.

I mean. MagiRevo is kinda bad and pretty generic

Agreed

To reply you must either login or sign up.