Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

This shit is cathartic AF

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

can't believe i've slept on this one .. [sigh] yet another cute little comic to drag me back to this website ,, i am not complaining.

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

Perhaps it is not that she has a lack of self-awareness, but merely does not pay much heed to things like closing times?

last edited at Sep 4, 2022 10:05PM

Img_20211120_222017
joined Nov 20, 2021

the art is so good holy cow

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Knowing she only has 2 months to win the other girl got all the useless nonsense out of her system.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This almost certainly wasnt the authors intent but Xiaoen feels very nuerodivergent to me, I think its cool even if its unintentional

I think it's already fair to say Xiaoen isn't neurotypical.

Maybe it's cause I'm old, but the current obsession with labeling everyone to death turns me off. She is who she is. Can't someone just be a little unique without getting categorized?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Maybe it's cause I'm old, but the current obsession with labeling everyone to death turns me off. She is who she is. Can't someone just be a little unique without getting categorized?

10000% agree with this.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Staying after the shop was closed to make a cake for someone who came in right as she was closing up? She's smitten smitten.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This almost certainly wasnt the authors intent but Xiaoen feels very nuerodivergent to me, I think its cool even if its unintentional

Neurodivergent is like the word queer in that its a pretty nebulous umbrella term so I don’t think this is “labelling to death” at all lol, it’s just nice to find some relatable characters in fiction

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Neurodivergent is like the word queer in that its a pretty nebulous umbrella term so I don’t think this is “labelling to death” at all lol, it’s just nice to find some relatable characters in fiction

I think part of the annoyance comes from how quickly a label gets applied to a character. I'm recalling the pages of discussion about whether Yuu from Bloom Into You was aro/ace starting from the first chapter. Unless there is an explicit diagnosis within the story, I think it's fine to just let a character be a little weird.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I don't think it really matters if someone attaches a plausible label to a fictional character, as long as they don't get upset if others interpret the character in a different way (and Pyrrho has not). Xiaoen is not a real person and cannot tell us what her "correct" labels are, so let people label her how they want (within reason of course).

joined Jan 3, 2020

I mean whether or not she is neurodivergent, she's living with her parents at 27, deeply weird, fairly lazy, and never dated, which is so ridiculously relatable for me, lol!

Anyone got a good theory on why she suddenly retreated after retrieving the cake? Basically, what is the "what a shame" x 3 about?

It almost seemed related to the use of the word "lass".

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 7:16AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

joined Sep 20, 2021

Anyone got a good theory on why she suddenly retreated after retrieving the cake? Basically, what is the "what a shame" x 3 about?

I think she experienced a little gay panic there. She didn’t feel a certain way when she brushed the dark haired girl’s (can’t remember her name right now) back but her mood shifted when it was done to her. You can tell in her eyes during those 3 panels. I think she actually felt a little nervous which would be atypical from her usual gregarious nature that’s been shown. She definitely has a crush since she said she already missed her after leaving the girl even though she didn’t know her.

I think the “what a shame” part represented how she wants to get to know the dark haired girl but she’s leaving in 2 months. There’s not enough time so it’s “a shame”. That’s my interpretation at least.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think that a lot of times, we try to find people who we can see ourselves in. There isn't a lot of confirmed Neurodivergent characters, though there are a lot of "quirky" characters that exhibit neurodiverse habits, so as a Neurodivergent person myself it's easy to say "this person is like me" cause often authors won't say that.

That being said I also understand the desire to let characters just be themselves, so I see both sides. I want more people like me in stories, but I don't need it to be laid out every time. Headcannon can play that for me plenty well.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Headcannon can play that for me plenty well.

Headcannon

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

god this series is like really good drugs for me.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Posting for the gentle art and storytelling, but feeling extra happy after seeing neurodivergence mentioned here. It's nice not only to see that in the MC, but also the warmth of the people around her. Haven't been this excited to happen upon a new manga/manhua in a while. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I also appreciated that the baker wore gloves, heh. 。◕‿◕。

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 2:04PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

I think she experienced a little gay panic there. She didn’t feel a certain way when she brushed the dark haired girl’s (can’t remember her name right now) back but her mood shifted when it was done to her. You can tell in her eyes during those 3 panels. I think she actually felt a little nervous which would be atypical from her usual gregarious nature that’s been shown. She definitely has a crush since she said she already missed her after leaving the girl even though she didn’t know her.

I think the “what a shame” part represented how she wants to get to know the dark haired girl but she’s leaving in 2 months. There’s not enough time so it’s “a shame”. That’s my interpretation at least.

I'd agree with her retreating because she experienced something real and unexpected and realizing the barista'd be gone soon. The "What a shame" is mimicking the owner when he was also sad that someone so talented would be leaving in a bit: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lass_ch03#4

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Headcannon can play that for me plenty well.

Headcannon

YES!!!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Farm director? So she basically runs this place, huh. Didn't expect that

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yeah no kidding. Seems like there was another picture on the same row of the poster, but her section had 'corporate responsibilities' listed.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Clearly neither did Shi! One of my favorite nuances in this chapter is that when Shi goes to read the staff list, she starts from the bottom up because she probably thinks Mu is a more junior staff member given the way she behaves.

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

Well, I can certainly say that I wasn't expecting Mu to be the boss of the whole place. Kinda like the "airhead boss" idea.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I quite like the irony of the cool, hyper-competent Xingyuan being a wage laborer while the lazy, possibly neurodivergent Xiaoen is the boss of what appears to be quite a large farm. Though she certainly isn't treated with much respect by the other characters; I guess she probably inherited the position from her parents?

To reply you must either login or sign up.