Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Definitely getting more of an artsy romance movie vibe from this than any regular comic/manga, Which is nice change of pace.

joined Apr 16, 2022

"You have to be single to meet someone and have a romance with them"

Kodama Naoko dislikes this comment

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The chemistry between these two is crazy, every moment they're together, every word they say to each other, every look they give.... It all really makes your heart race. And the art just magnifies that feeling exponentially.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Mengo Yokoyari's laugh at this comment causes deep emotional scars.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

So yeah, now that she asked, I was also wondering what was up with the "what a shame". I assumed in the chapter that it was a reaction to when she stopped playing with the Lass's hair, but now I'm uncertain.

Honestly, this just made my day. I really enjoy every aspect of this story. It's healing to the heart!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

suansu30 posted:

wow!I found the author's ins and twitter!She update the NEW chapter!!
ins:teleixihu_tracy
Twitter:@Teleixihu_tracy

Hey thanks so much! Added this to the artist page. (Be nice!)

Cogito posted:

lol

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

So yeah, now that she asked, I was also wondering what was up with the "what a shame". I assumed in the chapter that it was a reaction to when she stopped playing with the Lass's hair, but now I'm uncertain.

I think she was saying "what a shame you'll be gone so soon." There's this line, where the manager says that it's a shame she'll be leaving:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dear_lass_ch03#4

At the time, Mu Xioen brushes it off, but I think in response to their mutual flirting here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dear_lass_ch04#4

She suddenly "gets" that it'd be a shame for Shi Xingyuan to leave, though she likely doesn't understand why she feels that way. Hence the sudden retreat, since that sort of feeling is very unusual for her. Mu Xioen doesn't seem to be very good at dealing with new, sudden situations or feelings (see: when Shi Xingyuan shows up suddenly at the farm, and she acts stiffly).

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think she was saying "what a shame you'll be gone so soon." There's this line, where the manager says that it's a shame she'll be leaving:

At the time, Mu Xioen brushes it off, but I think in response to their mutual flirting here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_dear_lass_ch04#4

She suddenly "gets" that it'd be a shame for Shi Xingyuan to leave, though she likely doesn't understand why she feels that way. Hence the sudden retreat, since that sort of feeling is very unusual for her. Mu Xioen doesn't seem to be very good at dealing with new, sudden situations or feelings (see: when Shi Xingyuan shows up suddenly at the farm, and she acts stiffly).

....good call. Now I feel stupid for forgetting that. My memory is terrible for weekly readings.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ooh, nice!

joined Jun 15, 2020

Definitely getting more of an artsy romance movie vibe from this than any regular comic/manga, Which is nice change of pace.

Similar thoughts after reading the available 6 chapters in a row. One of the series I'd prefer to read in a graphic novel format. Not complaining though, if this format allows the artist(s) to keep the standard of their art.

It's propably the appearance of scooter but I also had flash backs to reading Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō decade(s) ago. :)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I can't compliment the art in this enough it's just so warm and wholesome man.

I think so, too. This happens a lot with Chinese artists. Rather that stringently imitate the art style of Japanese manga (which in Asia is all-pervading) they often decide to draw following the conventions of old Chinese traditional art styles. It's especially eye-catching when it comes to backgrounds and landscapes, greenery and foliage.

It's propably the appearance of scooter but I also had flash backs to reading Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō decade(s) ago. :)

Hehehe, rather than the scooter, I think it's the narrative pace. And the setting, brimming with feel-good country peacefulness, also helps a lot. ♡

Is it bad that I find myself going back to reread this like once a day..?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ No it's not.

Neither is yearning for more when you are done rereading. ( ꈍᴗꈍ) ~♡

^ No it's not.

Neither is yearning for more when you are done rereading. ( ꈍᴗꈍ) ~♡

That's good to hear, lol. I've read hundreds of yuri stories over the years, but something about this one just hits different in the best of ways. I can't seem to put my finger on it, 2022 just seems to be a really good year for stories like this!

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 6:01PM by

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love Xiaoen so much, praying for a fluffy and light on drama love story for her
Also interesting that this chapter basically confirmed that while she's a bit weird she's actually surprisingly competent at her job

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Also interesting that this chapter basically confirmed that while she's a bit weird she's actually surprisingly competent at her job

Right? That surprised me too. Love me some subverted expectations

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Did y'all notice the blackboard and the writings on it?

I love this manhua so much I could marry it.

Now I've got to go back and look!!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's nice that they're both aware they're flirting with each other. Only chapter 7, that's like 50 chapters earlier than most things.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's extra funny because it's right there in the background in the big scene where Xiaoen is supposed to show us, the readers, how responsible and competent a director she can be. Haha.

It's nice that they're both aware they're flirting with each other.

You know, I think everyone at that meeting is aware by now —I mean what with the way Xiaoen acted and all!

Everyone but Sixi, that is. Poor woman, now they all have tagged her as "another idiot like Xiaoen," lmao.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yes. It was hilarious.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah the entire room besides Sixi seems to be aware that their director has a huge crush heh

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A chapter of absolute perfection.

To reply you must either login or sign up.