Forum › Matazoro. discussion

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

i really hope things work out between mariya and koto

its kind of funny (tragic?) how she similarly believes that shes nothing but a burden to koto

last edited at Feb 7, 2023 9:57AM

joined Apr 26, 2022

Day by day, I'm slowly getting relatable to koto

joined May 1, 2015

The Mariya situation sure got out of hand.
Mariya puts to much stress on Koto. Koto has the capacity of doing things on her own, but that change won't be overnight. Koto has friends that she can rely on. Mariya needs to step back and let Koto figure things out, and take things at her own pace. Putting pressure like that could backfire horribly.
Still, Shiki being best girl like always. Ran from the school to wherever Koto was almost instaneously.

last edited at Feb 7, 2023 1:48PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

The Mariya situation sure got out of hand.
Mariya puts to much stress on Koto. Koto has the capacity of doing things on her own, but that change won't be overnight. Koto has friends that she can rely on. Mariya needs to step back and let Koto figure things out, and take things at her own pace. Putting pressure like that could backfire horribly.
Still, Shiki being best girl like always. Ran from the school to wherever Koto was almost instaneously.

Agree! I hope we find out more about Mariya alongside everyone else; just because she never dropped out doesn't mean she doesn't have some issues of her own.

Shiki is a beacon of light on a foggy bay.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I actually really love this strip. But I don’t see how it can possibly be labeled as comedy. Although there are flashes of humor, it is generally relentlessly sad.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Dark,self-drepricating,with nonsense on the daily and fun shenanigans,how could all this hijink-ary not be called a comedy?

And the irony of this,Even Slower Start,getting updated before Slow Start!

12a1
joined May 12, 2019

this is depressing and dark in a lot of moments, but at the same time that one panel with Shiki feeding Koto is just so cute

joined May 1, 2015

Ham chan being Ham chan was adorable.

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

This chapter(and the manga to I suppose) really annoyed me. Mariya from everything I've read up to this point does want Koto to improve the same as she does yet the story seems to want us to see her as the one in the wrong, while Koto continues to carelessly go through life even though it's been 1 1/2 years since she promise to get better and instead she just gotten worst. Tomoe and her simp aren't doing her any favors with there devil may care attitude happily heading to there own downfall, Shiki alright.

Honestly my biggest gripe with this chapter in particular is when Mariya feeling like she just been a burden, which she shouldn't in my personal opinion seeing how Koto clearly needs someone to keep tabs on her even if it does come off kind of creepy, asks Koto a straight forward do you or do you don't question her responds is essentially a half-ass "I dunno maybe?" only for Tomoe to bail her with a "That's just how she is" like Jesus christ fuck off with that.

That all being said I know this is a 4-koma so I really shouldn't taking any off this to seriously, but I really need to vent a little with how much this chapter rubbed me the wrong way.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I get why someone told me this is like a twisted version of "Slow start".
Koto is such an... Interesting character. I feel bad for her, she basically ended up the way she was because of Mariya, but at the same time outside of feeling bad for her, I can't really say I can think of any redeeming qualities. I don't like to use that word, but she really is pathetic. Like I thought about Hana from "Slow star" and Bocchi from... Well, you know. And both of them can pull their weight a bit better. Koto is just a dead weight. And I think what works for her (as a character) is her toxic(?) relationship with Mariya. It keeps her interesting and not "just" be a walking "haha depression" joke.

This whole thing is an oddly bitter story, which goes well with hot chocolate. The sweet kind. It's like raisin cookies, the only way to enjoy them is with some warm tea.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Kinda getting tired of Koto at this point tbh. Every friend keeps going out of their way to try and help her and she just stays this depressed blob too much of the story has been dedicated to her like is that just going to stay a running gag this entire series or is she actually going to get her shit together? Like she's so pathetic she has the sick one in Shiki even having to just feed her lunch. I get she is depressed I mean so am I who isn't. But she's made zero growth and is still exactly the same since the series started. It was kinda funny at first.. Now it's just getting sad. I seriously keep asking myself at this point why are her friends even trying to help her when she clearly doesn't want to help herself AT ALL.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This chapter(and the manga to I suppose) really annoyed me. Mariya from everything I've read up to this point does want Koto to improve the same as she does yet the story seems to want us to see her as the one in the wrong, while Koto continues to carelessly go through life even though it's been 1 1/2 years since she promise to get better and instead she just gotten worst. Tomoe and her simp aren't doing her any favors with there devil may care attitude happily heading to there own downfall, Shiki alright.

Honestly my biggest gripe with this chapter in particular is when Mariya feeling like she just been a burden, which she shouldn't in my personal opinion seeing how Koto clearly needs someone to keep tabs on her even if it does come off kind of creepy, asks Koto a straight forward do you or do you don't question her responds is essentially a half-ass "I dunno maybe?" only for Tomoe to bail her with a "That's just how she is" like Jesus christ fuck off with that.

That all being said I know this is a 4-koma so I really shouldn't taking any off this to seriously, but I really need to vent a little with how much this chapter rubbed me the wrong way.

I feel like you should go read "The Iceman Cometh" by Eugene O'Neill. Which is a very abbreviated way of saying life isn't so simple that you can just fix people and they'll be fine.

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

:( please be pamtient n generous
if u raise ur children this way, they will b full of resentment and disown u when ur old n feeble (my granny took my fourth aunt for granted) n they will mistreat u n be unsympathetic in ur time of need while rising costs of living n inflation wipe out ur savings n invest ments n u only live off 2 soda bimscuits n half a mug of coffre every day

but if ur not going to have children then its a-OK :) rock on peeps

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Which is a very abbreviated way of saying life isn't so simple that you can just fix people and they'll be fine.

this. She seems kinda trapped in a loop of:
'feeling worthless/undeserving' -> 'not taking care of herself' -> 'frens help' -> beginning.
She can't really just stop feeling worthless, the brute force method of doing everything herself also wrecked her hard.

KenshiroEverydayLifeIsFun
joined Dec 22, 2021

Exactly. Mariya seems to be the one who genuinely tried to help Koto standing up on her own, even if a little bit forceful.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Exactly. Mariya seems to be the one who genuinely tried to help Koto standing up on her own, even if a little bit forceful.

except people don't just magically improve or get better because you help them or you force them to.

Koto is literally trapped in a circle of depressive thoughts/feeling worthless, and it's very hard to get out of that, EVEN WITH PROFESSIONAL HELP. Mariya needed to realize that sometimes despite her best effort and all the good intentions in the world, she won't be able to help someone.

Also, imo, Mariya isn't a burden but her help is not good for Koto at all. Koto forces herself into a mold of someone that Mariya wants, she basically operates on the fear of disappointing Mariya, and that is honestly a terrible and self-destructive way to live.

What Koto needs is god damn therapy, she's depressed as fck and no amount of "friendship magic" will fix that.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Koto: "I'm feeling awfully pathetic right now" YEAH BECAUSE NOT HAVING A BEST FRIEND IS WHAT MAKES YOU PATHETIC. This was the straw that showed how pathetic you are!?

Kaede also continues to be the best character of this series and I just love her oversized uniform she wears it just fits her and her personality so much and she's just so damn adorable.

Also I feel bad for Mariya she isn't a stalker or someone bad like some thought she was. She legit cares for Koto she might go about it the wrong way and indulging on Koto's shitty woe is me I can't do shit for myself attitude But as a character she truly just wants to be close to the person she cares about and thinks she's doing the right thing in helping her. I really like her character as well and would love to see after this Koto crap is resolved her sticking around some.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Someone get that kid some therapy.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Dang, Mariya's got it bad. Never be the caretaker of your unrequited crush, folks, it just causes trouble for everyone involved.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Okay, might be me dreaming, but maybe they can try being friends and seeing each other again? I think that would be nice for everyone involved to try and get along. also having friends is fun

Koto is literally trapped in a circle of depressive thoughts/feeling worthless, and it's very hard to get out of that, EVEN WITH PROFESSIONAL HELP.
[...]
What Koto needs is god damn therapy, she's depressed as fck and no amount of "friendship magic" will fix that.

also big this.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Do you think those two are gonna follow Mariya to confront the "scumbag boyfriend" and find out it's actually Koto?

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Even when I caught up with the releases I wasn't sure if Mariya was really intended to be a yandere-esque character. The manga sure made it seem ambiguous for a bit there. But I'd be happy if she was just a good friend with good intentions. And as we all know, Hell is paved with those.
It really makes Koto an even more interesting character, since her dynamic with Mariya is a bit more complicated than just being a victim of someone who'd lock you up in their basement.
Although I'm even more curious about where this is going.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, I do think having some "friendship magic" is going to be better for depression than not having any. But it's not going to magically make everything OK. Neither is therapy.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

except people don't just magically improve or get better because you help them or you force them to.

Koto is literally trapped in a circle of depressive thoughts/feeling worthless, and it's very hard to get out of that, EVEN WITH PROFESSIONAL HELP. Mariya needed to realize that sometimes despite her best effort and all the good intentions in the world, she won't be able to help someone.

Also, imo, Mariya isn't a burden but her help is not good for Koto at all. Koto forces herself into a mold of someone that Mariya wants, she basically operates on the fear of disappointing Mariya, and that is honestly a terrible and self-destructive way to live.

^ so much this

Ultimately, as others have mentioned, Shiki's current angle of "oh she's just like this" is toxic too (or at least that's how I interpreted her recent takes), but that doesn't justify Mariya's methods. This is why you need a professional for this kinda stuff

Really happy to see some sincere development on Mariya's part, I hope they can go back to getting along (but it's gonna take a lot of work, like everything else in Koto's life lol...)

Also happy to see the tag changes! I think the new ones reflect the series' workings a lot better

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

Dang, Mariya's got it bad. Never be the caretaker of your unrequited crush, folks, it just causes trouble for everyone involved.

unrequited? did you not see Koto cold text her after not saying anything for days? thats a herculean feat for any depressed anxious girl!

To reply you must either login or sign up.