Forum › Posts by Wujuice

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

Is this... Is this sugar dysphoria?

Edit: FOOD DYSPHORIA

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 9:55AM

joined Sep 25, 2022

This really is the manga of shitty adults/parents ruining the lives of their kids

joined Sep 25, 2022

I’m so here for this urban fantasy yuri slow burn to the point I’m almost delusional enough to start begging on my hands and knees for an anime

YES why do none of the good manga have anime sobs

joined Sep 25, 2022

A happy ending :')

last edited at Nov 13, 2023 8:39AM

joined Sep 25, 2022

Aww, "wholesome" and "lots of sex" are a great tag combo.

Fr

joined Sep 25, 2022

Why are we defending arranged marriages in the comments are you all fucking bricked in the head.

Wujuice
Imura Ei discussion 22 Jul 23:42
joined Sep 25, 2022

One of their stories made me really sad and want to cry. They get the vibes so right in their writing

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

Omfg this was amazing

joined Sep 25, 2022

The amount of rizz is unfathomable

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

God these two are fucking idiots

joined Sep 25, 2022

This mangaka really likes their angst-filled mutual misunderstanding relationships do they

Wujuice
Laundry Cat discussion 01 Jun 06:45
joined Sep 25, 2022

I am a gigantic sucker for this kind of art style and I have zero idea of what about it that makes me like it so much

joined Sep 25, 2022

Huh, isn't this actually really good

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

I like the balance between the denseness of typical rom com manga and the characters actually being somewhat self aware

joined Sep 25, 2022

What's with S. Korea and its bullied, suicidal lesbians cough VIVINOS cough

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

The mangaka really loves up to their name lol

joined Sep 25, 2022

It's been too long

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

Needed to read this after reading the other anemone

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 11:09PM

Wujuice
Matazoro. discussion 21 Feb 03:15
joined Sep 25, 2022

Ultimately, as others have mentioned, Shiki's current angle of "oh she's just like this" is toxic too (or at least that's how I interpreted her recent takes), but that doesn't justify Mariya's methods. This is why you need a professional for this kinda stuff

Could you elaborate on what you mean in terms of Shiki's understanding of the situation? I read back a few chapters, but I never really had the impression that she was being dismissive.

joined Sep 25, 2022

IlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethisIlovethis

Wujuice
Matazoro. discussion 09 Jan 11:15
joined Sep 25, 2022

I don't see why it has to be taken so negatively. Of course the current situation is straining for Koto, but she has been unhappy and ashamed with her own helplessness from the start. Even if it's difficult, actually changing, with someone who keeps pushing her past her (very low) limits, goes in the direction she has always been wishing for ever since she cut ties with Mariya.

There is also the fact that none of what Koto is forcing herself to do right now is actually excessive in any way. Making an effort to go against her lazy nature and do normal things isn't bad.

With enough time and opportunities (such as the cultural festival mentioned at the end of the chapter), Koto might eventually be able to do things proactively without it being such an effort that she needs someone to keep her in check.

I'm not disputing the fact that Koto's desire to be self-sufficient is or isn't a noble one. I think it's worthy of praise to try to improve yourself to be the best person you can be. In fact, both Koto and Mariya believe this fundamental fact.

However, if it is clear that they both agree on this one point, why is it that Koto still feels anxious about this "self-improvement" relationship with Mariya, to the point that the "flunked-a-grade" crew all resoundingly noticed a concerning change in Koto's behavior?

Now, it's possible that there was some sort of traumatic experience that would cause Koto to feel distanced from Mariya, but with the current information at hand, I think it comes down to something more rooted in their relationship. They have lost sight of the goal, the desire for Koto to become self-sufficient, and have turned toward a new metric: avoiding disappointment.

Mariya has, in my eyes, developed into some sort of helicopter parent for Koto. She has an almost dictorial way of "babying" her, even to the point where she creates an over the top self-help calendar that instructs Koto's development schedule over an entire month. In essence, she wants the best for her "child", much like how the "child" wants the best for herself as well. The issue lies in the fact that in trying to accommodate as much as possible to what she believes is best for Koto, she loses sight on what actually is good for her. This is the main reason why I called Mariya "yandere". Often times, yandere characters show intense admiration to their object of affection, to the point of misery for said object of affection.

On the other hand, Koto feels an intense urge to not disappoint what is essentially her closest friend. She puts on a painfully obvious facade of "put-togetherness" to her friends and when she finds that there are no drinks to provide for the others, she freezes up entirely, unsure of what to do. She is essentially fearful of failure, and even the presence of Mariya is the dreaded prospect of being placed under another expectation that she could potentially undercut.

While it is true that nothing seriously damaging has happened as of yet (though, one could argue that Mariya was a major reason why Koto flunked a grade), the point of contention is that their current relationship is not sustainable at all, and could potentially spiral into another bout of intense depression for Koto. That being said, this is all speculation, and it is possible, even likely, that the mangaka will develop the story differently from what I've stated.

Wujuice
Matazoro. discussion 09 Jan 03:09
joined Sep 25, 2022

If all Mariya wants is Koto to be happy, then she needs to take a better look at her. Because Koto doesn't look happy at all.

Even so, it says quite a lot about Mariya and Koto's relationship if even just Mariya's presence is a trigger for Koto.

I have a strong feeling that Mariya is in fact a bit yandere for Koto, but I also believe she truly wants Koto to be better and live better. However, she might unknowingly be gaslighting Koto and herself with that belief for her own possibly subconscious selfishness, which is why such a low key toxic relationship developed in the first place. Either way, I'm excited to see how this develops.

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

Happy new year TvT

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

If that ch 6.5 extra actually leads to anything we could technically tag this het not yuri yaoi not het, that's gonna get confusing xD complete the set with bisexual if Rika ends up being into Satsuki as well xD

BRUH

Wujuice
joined Sep 25, 2022

This is actually devastating...