Forum › Matazoro. discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The rice and lettuce victory is a victory nonetheless,Ma'am!

Onwards to culinary glory!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Wow I might have to eat humble pie. Koto not only did the best in the cooking even if she did the easiest thing. She wanted to help her mom cook so she could get better. Character growth at its finest.

Right? After your first comment I was thinking, "How is the author going to move past Koto? They obviously can't keep harping on how deficient she is, but they can't just make her suddenly start being functioning either."

And here I think the author handled this excellently. Koto is still Koto, but she actually does better than everybody else. Not because she was magically more competent, but because she was given goals that she could reach, and she reached them. In fact, her food was the highlight of the meal! And because of this achievement, she feels confident to push her boundaries a little further with helping her mom cook.

The way I see it being laid out in this manga, skills require experience. You can't simply wake up and be good at them. And this is the underlying issue with Koto's old relationship with Mariya: since Mariya did everything for Koto, Koto never got any experience doing those things herself, and completely fell apart when they parted ways. Even when Mariya came back into her life, Koto fell apart immediately after anyways, because Mariya was still doing the hard part of maintaining consistency for Koto.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I'm so proud of Koto! I have faith that she will be okay.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Oh nice, looks like Koto is well on the way to be able to cook for Mariya when they marry, and not simply just dance in bed.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

What is it with Japanese girls and horse heads?

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Oh, Shion... It was weirdly fun to see Mariya pining for Koto; maybe she had realized just how much she really has changed.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 9:05PM

joined May 1, 2015

Lmao, Koto was expecting a bit too much when Shiki made her request. That heart sound, lovely.
In all honesty, I think Shiki's sister is going to be on Koto's case to see if she is worthy of her sister.
That should make for some good laughs.
It will annoy Shiki for sure.

joined Jun 16, 2022

Thank you once more for reading, everyone! This manga is really special to me, and I hope I was able to convey the qualities that make it so.
Unfortunately I currently do not have plans to continue with vol 3, but that's not even out yet anyway - so we'll see what the future holds for this story.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

awwwwwwwwwwww

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

:'(

joined May 1, 2015

Thank you once more for reading, everyone! This manga is really special to me, and I hope I was able to convey the qualities that make it so.
Unfortunately I currently do not have plans to continue with vol 3, but that's not even out yet anyway - so we'll see what the future holds for this story.

Thank you so much for your awesome work.
The story is great and always makes me want more.
Hopefully when volume 3 drops, you can still do it. If not, then that is okay too. Although it would he a shame if it remains incompleted.
Thank you again, you have been great.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I agree with others! This has been such a down to earth story that feels more real and everything isn't rainbows and gumdrops.

Ngl Shiki x Koto would be super cute those two playing games together was the highlight of this chapter lol. Though I don't expect Shiki to be with anyone.

What was big sis mumbling about? "Is that my dear little sisters.." her what? Friend? Girlfriend? Friend that oozes with nothing but uselessness!? I'm gonna go with the third one.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The sister is kinda sussy.

Thank you for your hard work!

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Onee-san is a siscon huh? And she sees Shiki likes Koto as more than just a friend.

joined Oct 12, 2021

If anyone's curious, the publication ended with volume 3 at 40 chapters, which have been uploaded on Mangadex in Chinese(???). So if you can't wait till someone picks it up again, pull up your image translation app and go decipher the texts. Spoiler: there's no more drama; they are chillin (from what I understand).

To reply you must either login or sign up.