Forum › Composing Spring in This Room Where Cherry Blossoms Bloom discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I guess afterall Sakura image is just all in Haruki's head. And I think she's going to relive the moment that Sakura dies by finally remembering the cause...

But something seems off to me, Haruki said she's going to be 33 years old, and her meeting with Sakura was in the college's entrance day - which means she could have been 18-19 years old at that time.
If placing 10 years back according to Sakura's diary that is 2011 - their first time meeting, that wouldn't make sense...
Sakura dying at 28 years old should mark the 10th year of them...

It could be that one of them,if not both,joined their college later in life then usual,hence the age discrepancy,have we been told that they were the exact same age?

Unless,of course,this serves as a hint to something else that'll probably crop up much later.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

“I am Jack’s broken heart.” —From the movie “Fight Club”, also based on the book “Fight Club”.

I’m in on this one. This manga is gonna go places that moe won’t.

I came here to ask if anyone else was thinking what I was thinking. First post sums up what those thoughts were more beautifully than poetry.

I am in like tear-stained Flynt.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Re-reading chapter 3 and I think my confusion is pretty much cleared up.
Haruki acknowledged that it's already 15 years since their meeting, Haruki and Sakura is just trying to make up their 10th year (the year Sakura died).

Sorry, teehee...!

joined Jul 29, 2022

why they can be together as human and ghost

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

This is going to destroy me

Yup, same.

So why the fuck are we reading it... As if life wasn't hard enough already

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

oh no I love this. Everyone get your icecream ready sob

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Re-reading chapter 3 and I think my confusion is pretty much cleared up.
Haruki acknowledged that it's already 15 years since their meeting, Haruki and Sakura is just trying to make up their 10th year (the year Sakura died).

Sorry, teehee...!

Well,the time has come.

Also,best parents ever,counteracting some quite bad parents.

She definitely needs to visit them more.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Starting to like this

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Ok, this one got me teared up.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

My best friend died recently and now this manga hits quite differently. It's kinda nice though actually

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I SHOULDN'T HAVE READ THIS RIGHT BEFORE WORK!!!!!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In my opinion ghost yuri usually has a happy ending.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

She’s definitely not a ghost. There’s way too many suspicious moments in this chapter where she didn’t let on any information that she should have known.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm beginning to think Sakura isn't the supernatural kind of ghost, at all.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 7:10PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Either she's being a sly ghost despite being in a not so physical state that would simply make being sly a mean move on her part or she is in fact just all in her lovers' head.

Now,if she had left the computer password somewhere,that would bring a new avenue of potential information,maybe even including why exactly she stopped designing.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

seeing the direction this is going, I just know I'm gonna cry like a baby at the end

Either she's being a sly ghost despite being in a not so physical state that would simply make being sly a mean move on her part or she is in fact just all in her lovers' head.

at this point I'm pretty sure it's all in Haruki's head, since she's slowly wrapping up everything about Sakura in her life (visiting her parents after so long, tidying up her work corner, finishing the diary), or that's how I see it at least

joined Jul 28, 2019

seeing the direction this is going, I just know I'm gonna cry like a baby at the end

at this point I'm pretty sure it's all in Haruki's head, since she's slowly wrapping up everything about Sakura in her life (visiting her parents after so long, tidying up her work corner, finishing the diary), or that's how I see it at least

That's the most logical conclusion, but I can't shake the feeling that now that TWO people have seen Sakura out of the corner of their eye there's something more going on. Yes, it could just be the moment of reminiscence bringing up memories, especially since both were locations they all were together with Sakura. I'm still feeling that something being off. I can't tell what, but it's more than just ghost vs delusion.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That's the most logical conclusion, but I can't shake the feeling that now that TWO people have seen Sakura out of the corner of their eye there's something more going on. Yes, it could just be the moment of reminiscence bringing up memories, especially since both were locations they all were together with Sakura. I'm still feeling that something being off. I can't tell what, but it's more than just ghost vs delusion.

When anyone reminisces about someone else, they kind of see that person flash by. Especially if they're talking to someone else that also knew that person.

There's nothing in this story to indicate that supernatural would play a serious role. At most, you'll have some kind of ambiguity at the end, as to whether she's a spirit that came to give her beloved a push on her back, or just a long internal process that is finally approaching its end.

Also, that possibly can't be the most interesting thing to think about this series? It's such a trivial thing to focus on, when you have something so characterization-rich as this on the platter.

last edited at Jul 25, 2023 10:56AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is way fluffier than I expected, not that I'm complaining.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is way fluffier than I expected, not that I'm complaining.

I need whatever glasses you have fam.

The scenes where the manga shows how frail and scrawny Haruki has actually become, drill this really harrowing feeling in me.

I've been binging soulsborne content, and now I'm starting to see the soulsborne character-esque qualites in Haruki.
Physically degradation; looking like a husk,
appearing to be the most frail version of themselves but mustering more courage and strength in every step now than they ever might have before.
Fate never looked kind for any soulsborne characters, but like some of them I hope Haruki gets a little comforting closure.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Man. Always right in the feels.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorably useless even on their first trip as a couple.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m reading this as kind of fluffy too, no matter what the ultimate explanation is.

That is, unless this whole story happens in a flash in Haruki’s imagination and the final shot is of her dead on her floor of malnutrition.

That wouldn’t be very fluffy.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I fear that this is going to destroy me worse than SeaBed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.