Forum › Composing Spring in This Room Where Cherry Blossoms Bloom discussion

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This was beautiful. I prefer happy stories, but I'm glad I gave this a chance.

joined May 3, 2014

at this point I'm pretty sure it's all in Haruki's head, since she's slowly wrapping up everything about Sakura in her life (visiting her parents after so long, tidying up her work corner, finishing the diary), or that's how I see it at least

That's the most logical conclusion, but I can't shake the feeling that now that TWO people have seen Sakura out of the corner of their eye there's something more going on. Yes, it could just be the moment of reminiscence bringing up memories, especially since both were locations they all were together with Sakura. I'm still feeling that something being off. I can't tell what, but it's more than just ghost vs delusion.

When anyone reminisces about someone else, they kind of see that person flash by. Especially if they're talking to someone else that also knew that person.

There's nothing in this story to indicate that supernatural would play a serious role. At most, you'll have some kind of ambiguity at the end, as to whether she's a spirit that came to give her beloved a push on her back, or just a long internal process that is finally approaching its end.

Also, that possibly can't be the most interesting thing to think about this series? It's such a trivial thing to focus on, when you have something so characterization-rich as this on the platter.

sure buddy cope more because the story IS about a ghost

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Authoe is a true g this was awesome such a beatiful read, crying in the bathroom. Thanks to everyone contributed to this

joined Mar 28, 2021

That was awesome. Great story about grieving, absolute accuracy in the rendition of such complex feelings, unconventional but lovely art. I didn’t expect to be so moved. I’ll buy the manga asap. I want to support the artist. Thank you to the scanlators for giving us access to this pure gem.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

That was awesome. Great story about grieving, absolute accuracy in the rendition of such complex feelings, unconventional but lovely art. I didn’t expect to be so moved. I’ll buy the manga asap. I want to support the artist. Thank you to the scanlators for giving us access to this pure gem.

I'll buy it too. Not to read because nope. I'll just put it on my shelf and consider reading it after a moderate (HUGE) glass of wine.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Cried

joined Jan 11, 2022

Thanks for translating this!

Tumblr_24802e33b3a7c7207350bfcbe1812e97_fa8a6f08_128
joined May 26, 2022

I loved this one so much. Btw, the author included some more follow up illustrations and comics on their pixiv.

To reply you must either login or sign up.