Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I can't think of anything more bittersweet than seeing the woman you're in love with, in the beautiful wedding dress, she will be wearing, while marrying someone else.

last edited at Apr 2, 2022 11:16PM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Really reliving both wonderful and painful memories from reading Octave 10 years ago.
The best read I have in 2022 so far.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I see what you did there.

Lol, I actually had a discussion about this on Discord. I had to keep it, of course.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I see what you did there.

Lol, I actually had a discussion about this on Discord. I had to keep it, of course.

Mom, i'm in the TV

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I can't think of anything more bittersweet than seeing the woman you're in love with, in the beautiful wedding dress, she will be wearing, while marrying someone else.

Aint sweet that's just pain

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

This going to be problematic

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I do not doubt that Kashiwai loves her fiance, but the way she feels about Tsuzuki is something more intense, something she's not entirely familiar with. It is not a feeling exclusive to her love for her fiance, but she's been raised in a society that doesn't understand Tsuzuki's relationships so in her heart it might as well be. This, and knowing Tsuzuki's relationships probably feels like a twisting knife, but it still feels like something new and exciting.

Likewise I do not doubt that Tsuzuki loves Fukunaga and Hiroki, but she sees something in Kashiwai too. Unlike Kashiwai though, her heart stirring for another is not so disruptive, it's just the way her love works. She doesn't need to stop and think about her current relationships as she pursues something with Kashiwai - her love is not so restrained. It is merely something that she eagerly goes along with.

She does look fantastic in the dress though. A+ taste, Fukunaga. And is it just me, or from the side does the dress really make her look stacked? Like damn girl.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The whole plot revolves about "brides" and "weddings". It's the central theme here.

Kashiwai loves weddings. She can't help but dress women she sees as brides. She's in love with the concept of "brides", she's a bride otaku.

And, somehow, it's like in Tsuzuki, she found the perfect bride, her "eternal" bride. So, I'm not sure their relationship is going to turn romantic in nature. But rather, obsessive in nature.

I don't know what Tsuzuki's angle is yet though. Why she's fascinated by Kashiwai too remains unclear.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Aint sweet that's just pain

How could you not just melt when the woman you love stands before you looking so radiant, and happy.

joined Apr 4, 2022

So I’ve seen no one else say it so ima say it: This seems to be an open relationship(polyamory) not cheating so I ask why does everyone want to see cheating or think it is cheating???? The relationship has the consent of everyone!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Wow, that's some drama. Intriguing. Subscribed.

Edit: lol, and even more drama in the early comments, from a now-removed Cheating tag...

Edit 2: also lol at ditching your fiancee during wedding plans to go see another woman in a dress

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 1:51AM

Images%20-%202021-11-08t101159.077
joined Nov 27, 2016

I'm a big fan of the author and i'm always looking for transgressive, drama-filled works that swing wildly between both het and yuri. Octave was really good, so i'm hoping for interesting things from Brides of Iberis as well. Big fan of the mutual attraction between the two female leads, will this lead to the poly one to finally grow feelings of jealousy i really wonder.

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 12:50PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

"That girl is P O I S O N"
--Bel Biv Davoe

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

well well, the lid has burst from the overflowing pot. Now will Mizuki start cheating on her boyfriend, come clean in the hopes of a poly relationship, or break up with him outright? Take your bets because there's really no way forward other than these three.

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 4:15PM

joined Aug 1, 2021

wow that escalated real quick there , I guess it really was love at first sight for both . but knowing the author we're definitely not gonna have it as happy as this chapter going forward. even them ending together is not something that's gonna happen and if it did we gonna see a lot of angst in the next chapters.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

We've entered the hot phase now, i'm excited to see where we go from here.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow that escalated real quick there , I guess it really was love at first sight for both . but knowing the author we're definitely not gonna have it as happy as this chapter going forward. even them ending together is not something that's gonna happen and if it did we gonna see a lot of angst in the next chapters.

well I don't really see why them ending up together is as uncertain as you're making it out to be, this author is certainly known for relationship drama but not for unhappy endings

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Well then, here we go

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I may be mistaken, but I kinda felt a hint of jealousy, when Tsuzuki mentioned Kashiwai's boyfriend... "I'm sure your boyfriend is waiting for you at home..." was kind of a jab and sounded a bit bitter, because Kashiwai held back.

But on the other hand, Tsuzuki looks taken aback by the sudden "lunge forward" Kashiwai took at the end.

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 5:31PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

"Planer and Client, a line has been crossed"

... I think we have other things to worry about here chief.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Tsuzuki: What if I was just a brilliantly programmed hallucination, a dream of what you dread and desire, a demon split from your subconscious who can act and speak and surprise you in all the same ways that you confuse and befuddle yourself, and am yet not Really Real, not in any way you could ascertain, not giving you an easy answer, but demanding that you- yes, you with all your complexes and preconceptions and fantasies and ambitions and paradoxes- had to figure it out yourself, not with certainty, not by a long shot, but on the strength of your belief alone. What then, huh?

Kashiwai: Babe, if you're a philosophical zombie, then call me a necrophiliac, 'cause I'mma be all over that body.

Tsuzuki: Yeah, ok, fair enough.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Welp, saw this comin'. I'm surprised they came to this as quick as they did, tbh. It's nice. Now we can work on communication cause uh, hmm

NOW. NOW we should consider adding the cheater tag lol.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh shit!! That just happened…like was seriously expecting a few more chapters before she gave in to that feeling. Well then, full steam ahead on the cheating tag now.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwaaaaaaa Akiyama Haru you did it again , kyuuuuuun

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 6:18PM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Great yuri kisses in these darknesses

To reply you must either login or sign up.