Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

GM_Highlander
joined May 26, 2017

Here comes the drama, full speed ahead

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I may be mistaken, but I kinda felt a hint of jealousy, when Tsuzuki mentioned Kashiwai's boyfriend... "I'm sure your boyfriend is waiting for you at home..." was kind of a jab and sounded a bit bitter, because Kashiwai held back.

But on the other hand, Tsuzuki looks taken aback by the sudden "lunge forward" Kashiwai took at the end.

It would certainly be interesting to see Tsuzuki jealous, given how she views her relationship with Kashiwai's boss.

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

This was a much lighter chapter than the others have been, save for the drama potential of that kiss right at the end. You love to see it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ughhh I love Akiyama Haru so much. The way she wrote the sexual tension between these two to lead up to this desperate first kiss was just chef's kiss

Looking forward to the inevitable drama due to the now "actual" cheating

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Perfect timing for the release of this chapter, Haru-sensei.
Now....,should I be happy or sad.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

The kiss activated something in my heart, the feeling of wanting happiness. Like for a moment I suddenly understand how it feel for cheating people, knowing cheating is bad but can’t resist it. Raw feeling, I guess. I just want to see the girls living together, having kids and wipe off all the drama

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

The kiss activated something in my heart, the feeling of wanting happiness. Like for a moment I suddenly understand how it feel for cheating people, knowing cheating is bad but can’t resist it. Raw feeling, I guess. I just want to see the girls living together, having kids and wipe off all the drama

Having kids and wiping drama... What... No, no, absolutely no. Does not compute.

Having kids causes more drama. Lots, and lots of it. :)

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 11:49PM

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Having kids and wiping drama... What... No, no, absolutely no. Does not compute.

Having kids causes more drama. Lots, and lot of it. :)

Yessss, but different kind of drama. I don’t really like kids myself, but watching 2D girls raise kids would be my cup of tea! :)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Whenever there is a story where a character cheats on their significant other, the comment section explodes with condemnation. People rant about how cheating is terrible, and cheaters are the worst. I do agree cheating is bad, but I think it has degrees. For instance, a person who cheats because they got caught up in a whirlwind of a moment and let it carry them away isn't as bad as an asshole who cheats because they can have their cake and eat it too. Keeping a loving partner that dotes on them, while sleeping with any hottie they can talk out of their pants.

Ironically, I personally would find it more painful to deal with the person who just got carried away, because I would want to forgive them and move past it. It is just a mistake after all, and everybody makes them. However it would haunt me so I don't think I could. I could see the relationship dying by a thousand little passive aggressive jabs, as I take VERBAL swipes at my partner every time the pain erupts in me again. On the other hand, I'd just kick the cheating asshole aside, and move on. My righteous fury would help me get over any heartbreak I might feel.

Edit: Uh looking back over the coment, people aren't cheater hating like I expected. Must be because it was kind of obvious it was coming and the haters jumped ship. Oh well, I still stand by what I wrote.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 12:59AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Pages 1 to 10 tiptoe around uselessness.

Pages 11 to 25 are the very picture of uselessness.

Page 26 onwards is the invincible power of determination that conquers uselessness.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Depending on how it goes, there may not be actual cheating. Like, if next chapter she comes clean and breaks up with Jun right away, I wouldn't call it cheating.

It's just that she was swept away by a storm of love in a single day. She was hesitant, but then just gave up and followed her heart. It's obviously an instant love, an "act of God" like Tsuzuki put it.

Now, it can't be said that Tsuzuki is cheating: she's poly, so her partners expect her to have other partners. Though it'll be awkward at work for Kashiwai if they come clean.

In the end, I don't think the "cheating" in this case is bad, because Kashiwai, before that, was just going through the motions and while she didn't hate Jun, the love wasn't burning brightly. Now that she found someone her heart beats for, it's entirely normal that she pursues her "true love". The bad would be if she keeps on stringing Jun along and follows up on their wedding without saying anything.

But... I think it won't be that simple. There's so much pressure around (getting married to her bf is what everyone expects from her), I'm not sure Kashiwai is reading to take it.

Tbh, I'm excited to read what's coming. I love characters with strong emotions and taken by storms of drama and inner conflicts.

Will Kashiwai break up with her boyfriend? Will Tsuzuki go ahead with her wedding plans too? Will she ever get jealous now that she found "true love"?

So much potential for drama and blood on the walls (and for a lively comment section).

Thank you for translating this!

joined Sep 1, 2017

Depending on how it goes, there may not be actual cheating. Like, if next chapter she comes clean and breaks up with Jun right away, I wouldn't call it cheating.

It's just that she was swept away by a storm of love in a single day. She was hesitant, but then just gave up and followed her heart. It's obviously an instant love, an "act of God" like Tsuzuki put it.

Now, it can't be said that Tsuzuki is cheating: she's poly, so her partners expect her to have other partners. Though it'll be awkward at work for Kashiwai if they come clean.

In the end, I don't think the "cheating" in this case is bad, because Kashiwai, before that, was just going through the motions and while she didn't hate Jun, the love wasn't burning brightly. Now that she found someone her heart beats for, it's entirely normal that she pursues her "true love". The bad would be if she keeps on stringing Jun along and follows up on their wedding without saying anything.

But... I think it won't be that simple. There's so much pressure around (getting married to her bf is what everyone expects from her), I'm not sure Kashiwai is reading to take it.

Tbh, I'm excited to read what's coming. I love characters with strong emotions and taken by storms of drama and inner conflicts.

Will Kashiwai break up with her boyfriend? Will Tsuzuki go ahead with her wedding plans too? Will she ever get jealous now that she found "true love"?

So much potential for drama and blood on the walls (and for a lively comment section).

Thank you for translating this!

I think your significant other cheating on you because they simply found someone they are more in love with is the hardest to take. It leaves you heartbroken, and there is nothing to do but to let them go and wish them well. All the while trying not to turn bitter about it.

For me, finding out my partner fell in love with someone of the same sex would actually make it easier to take. I could at least take comfort in knowing they were, at least on some level, looking for something I just couldn't give them.

And I may be wrong, but I think being poly doesn't give you open permission to just screw around with anyone you want. I'm pretty sure you're suppose to discuss bringing in someone new with your current lovers, before you begin the relationship. I guess it's possible Tsuzuki could have already discussed it with her lovers though.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 5:26AM

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Whenever there is a story where a character cheats on their significant other, the comment section explodes with condemnation. People rant about how cheating is terrible, and cheaters are the worst. I do agree cheating is bad, but I think it has degrees. For instance, a person who cheats because they got caught up in a whirlwind of a moment and let it carry them away isn't as bad as an asshole who cheats because they can have their cake and eat it too. Keeping a loving partner that dotes on them, while sleeping with any hottie they can talk out of their pants.

Ironically, I personally would find it more painful to deal with the person who just got carried away, because I would want to forgive them and move past it. It is just a mistake after all, and everybody makes them. However it would haunt me so I don't think I could. I could see the relationship dying by a thousand little passive aggressive jabs, as I take VERBAL swipes at my partner every time the pain erupts in me again. On the other hand, I'd just kick the cheating asshole aside, and move on. My righteous fury would help me get over any heartbreak I might feel.

Edit: Uh looking back over the coment, people aren't cheater hating like I expected. Must be because it was kind of obvious it was coming and the haters jumped ship. Oh well, I still stand by what I wrote.

No no, you don't get it, when it's cheating in favour of yuri it's fine

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:
I think your significant other cheating on you because they simply found someone they are more in love with is the hardest to take. It leaves you heartbroken, and there is nothing to do but to let them go and wish them well. All the while trying not to turn bitter about it.

There's cheating and there's finding someone you love more. Cheating, in my opinion, is when someone is keeping two (or more) romantic relationships going with some parties not aware of it. There's cheating when there's deception.

What you described is a breakup, not cheating. There can be clean breakups with mutual understanding, there can be messy breakups with people hurt, but if everyone is honest, such is life and nobody can judge anyone.

But if there's deception (on either or both sides), then you can form an opinion (sometimes, deception can be justified in case of a violent partner, for example).

And I may be wrong, but I think being poly doesn't give you open permission to just screw around with anyone you want. I'm pretty sure you're suppose to discuss bringing in someone new with your current lovers, before you begin the relationship. I guess it's possible Tsuzuki could have already discussed it with her lovers though.

It goes without saying that I didn't mean Tsuzuki couldn't cheat on her partners. I meant that she could, in all logic, continue dating her two lovers AND Kashiwai without being guilty of cheating, as long as everyone involved knows about it.

Tbh, in all this, I'm afraid the one who will get the short end of the stick is poor Jun. He doesn't know what's coming and he's not prepared for it, contrary to Hiroki and Fukunaga.

I wonder if we'll get a chapter from his pov.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 6:25AM

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

bro it is literally fiction and a plot device in the story

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Tbh, in all this, I'm afraid the one who will get the short end of the stick is poor Jun. He doesn't know what's coming and he's not prepared for it, contrary to Hiroki and Fukunaga.

I wonder if we'll get a chapter from his pov.

yeah this is also a very interesting situation with Tsuzuki who is already in a poly relationship, Mizuki might want not to break up with Jun nor cheat on him, by trying to get into a poly relationship with Jun and Tsuzuki together. In which case it's going to be very interesting to see how Jun would react because while I don't think he's going to be prepared for that it's certainly a different situation to be in than the relatively simple heartbreak of having your girlfriend leave (or cheat on) you without much of a say in the matter.

Do I think he will react well if Mizuki offers him a poly relationship, no not at all. But it would be very interesting to see.

joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

There's cheating and there's finding someone you love more. Cheating, in my opinion, is when someone is keeping two (or more) romantic relationships going with some parties not aware of it. There's cheating when there's deception.

What you described is a breakup, not cheating. There can be clean breakups with mutual understanding, there can be messy breakups with people hurt, but if everyone is honest, such is life and nobody can judge anyone.

But if there's deception (on either or both sides), then you can form an opinion (sometimes, deception can be justified in case of a violent partner, for example).

I'm pretty sure if you start a new relationship before you officially end your previous one, it's still considered cheating. It might be just a matter of timing, but it's still bad form. Honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal, if the previous relationship is going badly, and the end obviously near to both lovers. However I don't think poor Jun sees this coming, and Kashiwai is just adding insult to injury, by acting on her feelings for Tsuzuki before having a heart to heart with him. She was having doubts about her feelings for Jun, before she even met Tsuzuki. If Kashiwai had been honest with him then this might not blind side him so badly.

It be fair Kashiwai's attraction to another woman has apparently taken her by surprise, and it was just a kiss in the heat of the moment. So I don't think it's a terrible act of betrayal, or anything like that. I just think she's being a bit unfair to Jun. Buy hay who said love was fair.

Edit: I just reread the end of the chapter, and that was way more than just a kiss. Kashiwai definitely should have stopped after the first kiss. The rest should have waited until she sorted things out with Jun.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 12:48PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I actually have weird experience with this, being poly. My first poly relationship, I was dating someone, and someone else was coming onto me. She was actually a celebrity who me and my partner both loved a lot, and I immediately told my partner and she was like "uh, hell yea? GO FOR IT? YES?" and we just... opened our relationship and I realized that's kinda just what I preferred lol

But I don't think that's how this'll go with Jun

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

I'm pretty sure if you start a new relationship before you officially end your previous one, it's still considered cheating.

But did they start a relationship, or was it a kiss in the heat of the moment and reality will hit Kashiwai when she gets home? You'll notice she had the feeling to be in a dream. It was totally uncontrollable for her.

Next chapter will tell us.

However I don't think poor Jun sees this coming, and Kashiwai is just adding insult to injury, by acting on her feelings for Tsuzuki before having a heart to heart with him. She was having doubts about her feelings for Jun, before she even met Tsuzuki. If Kashiwai had been honest with him then this might not blind side him so badly.

She doesn't feel a raging love for Jun, but it's not like she dislikes him. Rather than having doubts, or lacking feelings for Jun, I think she lacked enthusiasm at the prospect of their future life. A life where everything is planned according to what society expects. Some people relish it. Some people feel prisoner of it.

The first pages of the first chapter are just that: they show that she likes him, just not passionately. Obviously, she didn't see any valid reason to break up with him before meeting Tsuzuki.

It be fair Kashiwai's attraction to another woman has apparently taken her by surprise, and it was just a kiss in the heat of the moment. So I don't think it's a terrible act of betrayal, or anything like that. I just think she's being a bit unfair to Jun. Buy hay who said love was fair.

Life is unfair.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Edit: I just reread the end of the chapter, and that was way more than just a kiss. Kashiwai definitely should have stopped after the first kiss. The rest should have waited until she sorted things out with Jun.

Yeah, but with all due respect, johnb--so what? "Should" is not really what stories are about..

Macbeth should have remained loyal to his liege lord, Duncan. Romeo and Juliet should have steered clear of one another until their families got their stupid feud sorted out. All the gritty detectives in the world should do things by the book and not follow their gut instincts and their own rough moral code.

But they didn't (don't) and finding out why they don't do what they should and what happens when they don't is what their stories are.

(I admit, it's sometimes pleasant to have fluffy stories where everyone acts with insight, maturity, and thoughtful consideration of others. But not all the time.)

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

YESSSS

joined May 3, 2014

so making out without the conset of your partner that knows jack crap is no consider cheating?, Imm suprise how many excuse people in this comment section make for in favor of “it wasn’t such a bad mistake”!! my tounge slip in some one mouth and coudn’t help but makeout :3 not cheating btw!!!

joined May 23, 2017

Well cheating tag should be back on now. At this development who knows if she's going to not break up with her bf while maybe going to start a relationship with our fellow fmc

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I've seen a variant of the argument pop up several times recently, in response to several different situations, and I'm finding it increasingly frustrating and, potentially, homophobic.

I'm not accusing you, or anyone else really, of being homophobic (hell, you might be being sarcastic here), but I feel like the idea that you can dismiss people's likes, dislikes and perspectives on relationship topics by basically saying, "Well, you refuse to recognize toxic behavior if it's between two women" comes dangerously close to how gay/lesbian/bisexual/poly people in the real world are often treated as being inherently more promiscuous, "loose" or likely to cheat, just by virtue of not being straight.

As if we're so blinded by yuri that we can't possibly be objective, rather than people just having different perspectives and ideas. (and I'm not even defending the characters in the comic; I dislike cheating stories and am being pretty wary about this as it goes forward)

Again, I'm not trying to call out anyone or accuse anyone of anything specific. It's just that, since I've seen this multiple times recently (from different people), I felt like I wanted to say something, because it's making me uncomfortable.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Yeah, but with all due respect, johnb--so what? "Should" is not really what stories are about..

Macbeth should have remained loyal to his liege lord, Duncan. Romeo and Juliet should have steered clear of one another until their families got their stupid feud sorted out. All the gritty detectives in the world should do things by the book and not follow their gut instincts and their own rough moral code.

But they didn't (don't) and finding out why they don't do what they should and what happens when they don't is what their stories are.

(I admit, it's sometimes pleasant to have fluffy stories where everyone acts with insight, maturity, and thoughtful consideration of others. But not all the time.)

No worries. Life is messy. Love is messy. Why shouldn't stories about both be messy too? I find the stories that take me to uncomfortable places are some of the ones that stick with me the most. Not that this story has gone anywhere particularly uncomfortable for me. So far. My desire to see yuri conquer all, is overriding the sympathy I should feel for poor Jun. My conversation with Nya-chan is more of an intellectual debate over what constitutes cheating than it is emotional argument about whether orr not Kashiwai should be condemned for being a cheater.

My actual reaction to Kashiwai and Tsuzuki's kiss was, Wow only chapter 5 and we've already got a scorching yuri kiss, and confession of love! Awesome! I bet the cheater haters will be hating on this one. Well I kind of see their point, but come on as cheating goes it's not that bad. Besides it's yuri cheating so WOOHOO!
Damn when I write it down like that, it sounds bad, huh.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 5:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.