Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ningwei is going to be on Cloud 9 soon! Good job President Tao!! Some great faces from Youyan, and Xiu is ready to kill a man!

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

5.6 million dollars is such an absurd amount of money for a painting by an amateur lol. I have no idea what's normal for a Chinese charity auction with Chinese celebrities, dunno why they were even bidding in dollars, but it strikes me as extreme nonetheless.

It might just be a translation thing so we'd understand the amount of money being spent, rather than having to do the math of converting Yuan (I'm pretty sure it's Yuan) to Dollars. It also could be that they are in Hong Kong, which uses dollars rather than Yuan.

I also think it's more of the gimmick of the whole event, spending a lot of money on something made by a non professional. It's sorta common here in the states I think.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just vaguely curious here: is there a manga term (yes, I know this series isn’t Japanese) for this “person gets a chance to live their life over” genre, parallel to “isekai,” etc.?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Just vaguely curious here: is there a manga term (yes, I know this series isn’t Japanese) for this “person gets a chance to live their life over” genre, parallel to “isekai,” etc.?

Tensei means resurrection or something like that, hence all the "isekai tensei - reborn in another world". While not quite full starting over, one could consider "trying again" a tensei perhaps?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tensei means resurrection or something like that, hence all the "isekai tensei - reborn in another world". While not quite full starting over, one could consider "trying again" a tensei perhaps?

Thanks! The genres are definitely related, albeit this is “reborn in the familiar world.” I haven’t actually read many of these, but I’ve seen plenty of series blurbs about “Pathetic SOB wakes up and is back in middle school/high school, etc.”

Speaking of “rebirth,” this one is pretty fluffy for a series that starts out with the protagonist basically killing herself with alcohol poisoning. I know the plot is ostensibly drama, but the MCs’ character beats are mainly gorgeous women being adorable.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Thanks! The genres are definitely related, albeit this is “reborn in the familiar world.” I haven’t actually read many of these, but I’ve seen plenty of series blurbs about “Pathetic SOB wakes up and is back in middle school/high school, etc.”

There's imprecise sci-fi lingo that's applicable to any work of fiction:
タイムスリップ (time slip) - which means time travel, but due to the existence of multiple terms meaning the same thing being wasteful, some define it as time travel that is involuntary or accidental, or involuntary/accidental travel of your consciousness into your past or future body, or travelling with your present body (so you can meet your past self and have an age gap selfcest threesome with your school crush, or wake up as yourself in the Sengoku period)
タイムリープ (time leap) - coined by TGWLTT, can be a synonym for time travel, but it also gets described as just your consciousness time-travelling, or that but as an ability you can control
タイムループ (time loop) or just ループ (loop) - self-explanatory
タイムトラベル (time travel) is all of the above, but with the preference for the other terms it could also mean using a time machine specifically
タイムトリップ (time trip) is a less common synonym for time travel

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

This is such a beautiful love story. Every update is a treat

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

This is such a beautiful love story. Every update is a treat

I second this feeling

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hilarious as she sat there sweating as the heart bounced off her head.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Speaking of “rebirth,” this one is pretty fluffy for a series that starts out with the protagonist basically killing herself with alcohol poisoning. I know the plot is ostensibly drama, but the MCs’ character beats are mainly gorgeous women being adorable.

In otome isekai/villainess circles we sometimes call the trope regression, since you could view it as the character physically regressing to an earlier age with their memories intact

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

Does anyone know what happened in chapter 56 and 57? Why did Yanyan answer yes, and why was she called childish?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Does anyone know what happened in chapter 56 and 57? Why did Yanyan answer yes, and why was she called childish?

The friend, Ningwei, makes a fan fic that ends with our MC, Youyan, saying the quote that opens this chapter. A'xiu, Youyan's lover, refuses to read the fan fic but later changes her mind. Once she reads the quote, A'xiu then privately asks Ningwei if Youyan would really say those things about "no longer caring what others think" and "wanting someone to shine a light."

In this chapter, Youyan gives A'xiu the answer to that question, "Yes [that quote does represent my real thoughts]." Youyan is letting A'xiu know that she saw A'xiu's text and that the fanfic quote is how Youyan really feels. Youyan is saying, "yes, I really have changed, baby." A'xiu calls her childish because she's a bit embarrassed and Youyan wrote "yes," in her palm like a child might.

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 12:03PM

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

The friend, Ningwei, makes a fan fic that ends with our MC, Youyan, saying the quote that opens this chapter. A'xiu, Youyan's lover, refuses to read the fan fic but later changes her mind. Once she reads the quote, A'xiu then privately asks Ningwei if Youyan would really say those things about "no longer caring what others think" and "wanting someone to shine a light."

In this chapter, Youyan gives A'xiu the answer to that question, "Yes [that quote does represent my real thoughts]." Youyan is letting A'xiu know that she saw A'xiu's text and that the fanfic quote is how Youyan really feels. Youyan is saying, "yes, I really have changed, baby." A'xiu calls her childish because she's a bit embarrassed and Youyan wrote "yes," in her palm like a child might.

Appreciate the explanation! That was so helpful ❤️

joined Nov 19, 2022

She's gonna go back in time again isnt she

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

I don't remember the specifics, but a woman and her coworker are in a relationship, a male coworker falls for the main character, gets her drunk and then manages to sleep with her even as she confesses that she only loves women. Then she ends up pregnant and he basically forces her to marry him, and he makes a public spectacle of it.

So, this kind of reminded me of that, added on top that personally I feel there shouldn't even be implied romances between male characters and female love interests in a Yuri. I like Fluffy and cute stories, and that somewhat goes against that for me.

Also, I didn't remember marriages of convenience were even a thing.

I have a question about this: say if this kind of plot exists in this real world (about the guy forcefully get himself a wife by forcing her his way of getting her through sex and impregnate her, and I'm not assuming it to be fiction because if it can be told in a story, i believe it might have happened to some girls in their lives), if it were you, the female who happened to have the same situation as her, how do you stop this terrible bad things from happening?

I really like your world where women could freely love whoever they want and not being "brainwashed" into entering a "hetero world" and get married simply because they are i)female who has womb ii)they like women, and I really wish that world exists in my world too..

I really wish that people just don't "change their sexual orientation" in a day, but wouldn't you be so curious how they did it if it really happened to some people, especially female?

Do you believe that there's a world where because the population is getting low, and in order to have the population to be high again, something came up and "straighten" up the female into hetero again?
But I don't think it works, because other wise, this has been such a good fix to Japan as we'll be seeing a birth rate blooms and not ended up having a statistics of both 30%+males and 40%+females would rather be single...

I wish it's just me overthinking but something must have happened to them but since it's too ridiculous to say it out loud, the only way to fight it is to resist it ..

Just my assumption though..

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

No.. instead of saying "ridiculous", it's too "absurd" that this thing happened to them that they just don't know how to say it out loud..

Or it could be that it's just my delulu but some writers/ mangakas out there, here's another idea for you to create a manga out. It would be interesting to read

joined Apr 19, 2019

Youyan is so pretty!

joined Jul 6, 2020

Cut down on their interactions? Girl, you don't know what is coming.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Aah, is so bitter remembee thst you get old

joined Nov 19, 2022

I really wish that people just don't "change their sexual orientation" in a day, but wouldn't you be so curious how they did it if it really happened to some people, especially female?

Do you believe that there's a world where because the population is getting low, and in order to have the population to be high again, something came up and "straighten" up the female into hetero again?
But I don't think it works, because other wise, this has been such a good fix to Japan as we'll be seeing a birth rate blooms and not ended up having a statistics of both 30%+males and 40%+females would rather be single...

I'm not going to address the rest but I feel like these two can't really go not addressed

1. There is more sexual orientations than just do you like boys or girls. Bi/pan (liking both) people exist, grey/asexual (liking none) people also exist too.

2. The solution to a population decline is allowing greater immigration into a country. A lot of declining birth rate problems are due to the circumstances that arise under late stage capitalism in fully developed countries (it's expensive as fuck to have a child! let alone 2 to replenish the population). It's not very helpful though to think of the world purely through stats like brith rates though, as there's always going to be extenuating circumstances (money, time, prospective partners, technological level ) that effect local attitudes towards familial situations

To reply you must either login or sign up.