Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

They both have a point, but in different ways. Ningwei needs both of them in her life. She needs someone like Jing Xiu there so that she can grow and be better, someone honest, but she also needs someone like Youyan who will be supportive since criticism alone doesn't help for most people.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

They both have a point, but in different ways. Ningwei needs both of them in her life. She needs someone like Jing Xiu there so that she can grow and be better, someone honest, but she also needs someone like Youyan who will be supportive since criticism alone doesn't help for most people.

And it fits the metaphor in their own relationship, too. Youyan wasn't wrong to be afraid or cautious, but nor was Jing Xiu for wanting a relationship they can be open about. Ultimately I think Youyan is going to need to be willing to take that leap of faith if she wants them to have a chance at building a new relationship together again, but I can't fault her for needing time beforehand.

joined Apr 7, 2016

^ I really appreciate that the author showed both sides. No one is right or wrong. It's more like Youyan and Jing Xiu both had valid points. But not being able to work something out is what ended their relationship in such a tragic way.

I think now, in the new life, they need to find a way that works out for both of them or, like you said, Youyan needs to take that leap of faith to save her relationship this time, but it's understandable why she's hesitant. But I guess that's her character arc: finding the courage to do the right thing this time to be with Jing Xiu again.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Ha, her shirt words say everything about their relationship

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Hope we see the moment they star daring

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I'm surprised that this series isn't more popular on dynasty, because it's one of the best "regression" type stories I've ever read. These past few chapters highlight a clash of personalities which have shown time and time again, why they broke up in Youyan's past life.

By far the biggest reason they separated was because even though they both loved each other they simply couldn't see eye to eye on several critical topics like publicity of their relationship, and their general outlooks on their careers as well. So when Youyan regresses to this time she has the foresight to know that she wants to get back together with Jing Xiu, and she knows she needs to take a different path herself to do that.

The critical thing here though, and what separates her from so many other protagonists, is that despite having this knowledge she still makes some of the same mistakes because fundamentally she's still the same person with the same flaws and personality. So many stories like this would make her do a 180 in her personality and beliefs, so I really love how this series doesn't do that.

It's a common fantasy to imagine "if only I could do this all over again, I'd be better this time and learn from my mistakes". But realistically even in a situation like that, it's really difficult to change our own tendencies and behavior. If you know the exact circumstances and have thought about it over and over you can probably do something different in the moment, but to make long term changes to your own life it requires a lot of reflection and self awareness that can be really difficult, especially in the moment when emotions are running high and we're more likely to slip back into our old ways of thinking.

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 10:38PM

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

The critical thing here though, and what separates her from so many other protagonists, is that despite having this knowledge she still makes some of the same mistakes because fundamentally she's still the same person with the same flaws and personality.

It's a common fantasy to imagine "if only I could do this all over again, I'd be better this time and learn from my mistakes". But realistically even in a situation like that, it's really difficult to change our own tendencies and behavior. If you know the exact circumstances and have thought about it over and over you can probably do something different in the moment, but to make long term changes to your own life it requires a lot of reflection and self awareness that can be really difficult, especially in the moment when emotions are running high and we're more likely to slip back into our old ways of thinking.

YOU GET ITTTT

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Personally what I like is this isn't a fantasy, I don't have to keep up with ridiculous ass pulls that just makes the protag one up everyone in all situations (mostly with hidden OP magic and shit)
Sure, Ji ends up in advantage most of the times, but it's quite acceptable

Ji still making decisions without exactly knowing what may come next and her actions aren't completely calculated and fullproof (the whole alt account thing and bargaining with her manager thing)

Even more, this doesn't even need to be a regression genre story, since she doesn't go back to their debut past or just before they broke up. This could very well, be a SoL where the main leads self introspect, find their issues, issues in their relationship, and then slowly being to reconcile

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 4:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.