Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I really like Matoi's family. They are supportive without being pushy and give actual practical advice.

I hope that stays, too. I'd hate for there to be some forced plot where the family is unaccepting that she might be into a girl or some shit. It's so cliche at this point

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I have a hard time trying to understand romantic l love. So, on one hand, sure is refreshing seeing this kind of plot and terminologies being used in media; on the other hand, I'd be kinda disappointed if it turns out like the "ooops, I just didn't know I was in love with you before" kind of situation.

Well, brace yourself for disappointment. This is a genre story, and the genre is "romance". So they WILL fall for each other, the only question is how the process will work. As I've said before, in romance stories even the robots fall in love.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I have a hard time trying to understand romantic l love. So, on one hand, sure is refreshing seeing this kind of plot and terminologies being used in media; on the other hand, I'd be kinda disappointed if it turns out like the "ooops, I just didn't know I was in love with you before" kind of situation.

Well, brace yourself for disappointment. This is a genre story, and the genre is "romance". So they WILL fall for each other, the only question is how the process will work. As I've said before, in romance stories even the robots fall in love.

totally unrelated but wasn't there this one story with non-moe art where the robot did indeed fall in love with a girl? They grew up together or sth. Somehow I can't seem to remember the author's or the story's name.

I really like Matoi's family. They are supportive without being pushy and give actual practical advice.

Me too! I really like her little sister lol

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 3:19AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

totally unrelated but wasn't there this one story with non-moe art where the robot did indeed fall in love with a girl? They grew up together or sth. Somehow I can't seem to remember the author's or the story's name.

Me too! I really like her little sister lol

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/tonari_no_robot
Do you mean this one?

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

A romance not necessarily means a love story in literature, as far as I know. And I firmly believe that are many kinds of love in this world, not only the romantic one.

Anyways, let's wait and see. But I guess you may be right, disappointment seems to be on its way here. It's just a shame that in today's day and age authors keep resorting on mislabeling things and feelings just for the sake of a "romantic relationship", instead of trying to explore a new approach.

It's about time we broke up with traditionalism, sheesh.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Anyways, let's wait and see. But I guess you may be right, disappointment seems to be on its way here. It's just a shame that in today's day and age authors keep resorting on mislabeling things and feelings just for the sake of a "romantic relationship", instead of trying to explore a new approach.

Be the change you want to see. Write a story that breaks with traditionalism and explores a new approach.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Be the change you want to see. Write a story that breaks with traditionalism and explores a new approach.

Already doing it. I just wanted to see other media doing the same for a change.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Sister turned out to be a lot more useful than expected.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Stupid me for initially passing this one over just because I didn't like the art style. I love the natural unexaggerated writing so far.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I mean, strong selection bias. While not every manga on this site is yuri romance (some aren't either), most are. If someone is doing a fully aromantic story, it's not likely to end up here.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Supportive parents... how rare is that!?
No, seriously, between the woke of the west and the conservative thoughts of Japan, I thought it was a stable to just make parents behind the times.

Don't take me wrong, I understand the reason behind said trope, but it is quite refreshing to see a twist for a change.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Supportive parents... how rare is that!?
No, seriously, between the woke of the west and the conservative thoughts of Japan, I thought it was a stable to just make parents behind the times.

Don't take me wrong, I understand the reason behind said trope, but it is quite refreshing to see a twist for a change.

Yeah, and at this point, it would be super forced to have a plot where the family is unaccepting that she might be into a girl or some shit so I hope this stays.

At the same time, methinks motorcycle girl's parents might be the unaccepting ones (we've heard she has a rocky relationship with her parents) but I still hope it doesn't lead to a forced plotline of them disapproving of their daughter's relationship with another woman

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I mean, strong selection bias. While not every manga on this site is yuri romance (some aren't either), most are. If someone is doing a fully aromantic story, it's not likely to end up here.

Well, I think people got me wrong, because I don't remember saying I don't like romance. Actually, I have no problems with this at all, and I enjoy most of the romance comics I read (though I prefer dramas the most).

I just mentioned that going on for a change every now and then wouldn't be that bad.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That tree looked dead with those scans.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Swing and a miss, I wonder how this will get resolved

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That tree looked dead with those scans.

Lmao I also had to do a double take before I saw the blossoms. The dark black trunk and branches with clear blossoms didn't really nail the effect I think the author wanted it to lol

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I want you.
(Chorus) I want you.
I need you.
(Chorus) I need you.
But there ain't no way I'm ever going to love you.
But don't feel sad.
(Chorus) Don't feel sad.
Because two out of rhree ain't bad.

Edit: R.I.P. Meatloaf.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 7:42PM

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

Swing and a miss, I wonder how this will get resolved

By time. She doesn't even know about her scars yet. She needs to take her time to slowly get closer to her, and her to open up. Honesty I love the story so far. Reminds me of Bloom Into You a lot (which is btw my all time favourite Yuri manga).

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 7:59PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

You do not need to be a Yuri expert to figure out who is top who is a bottom. Matoi likes to ride bitch, regardless of Yuriko's orientation, end of discussion.

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Man, this chapter was constructed almost like the ending of the manga. Had me fooled for a minute, until I remembered the unresolved plot threads, like the scars. Will be interesting to see how it goes from here with the long distance between them after the move.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Damn is this gonna be just one sided ahhh

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Man, this chapter was constructed almost like the ending of the manga. Had me fooled for a minute, until I remembered the unresolved plot threads, like the scars. Will be interesting to see how it goes from here with the long distance between them after the move.

I think it is the ending of the volume, though, so I guess it makes sense if the volume itself concluded what seems to be the first arc

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

well damn now i really need to know whats gonna happen

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh shit are we gonna ACTUALLY get an aro character???

That'd be rad. I'm not convinced or optimistic tho

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Stupid me for initially passing this one over just because I didn't like the art style. I love the natural unexaggerated writing so far.

Right? I love how the writing/progression in the story feels realistic. The art style is decent enough for me, not that I actively like it but I don't mind it at all. I do feel like the proportions are weird in some places but it doesn't stand out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.