Forum › Posts by Ju Lilac

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

That's it? The end? I have mixed opinions about this manga as a whole; it's not bad, but it's also not good. It would be better if had less characters, because the idea was very nice.

Too bad I'm a sucker for drama and angst.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

To be frank, I think I need to reread the whole thing in order to understand what's happening in the story.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Oh my, finally we got some development! Too bad it seems we'll have a whole new arc with more uselessness, Kurokawa and Fujishiro being awkward towards and avoiding each other, etc.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

What if, maybe it's about time this ended

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Now it's truly an abusive relationship, toxic beyond salvation. Fetishes aside, it depicts how harmful codependency is, and it really hits home for me, because I was a victim in this kind of relationship. But, it's so well written, that reading it is somewhat of a twisted pleasure (same goes to Flowerchild's It's A Detached Relationship), because we're reading what happens in our day by day, even though it's unpleasant and uncomfortable.

I really like stories like this one.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Poly seems like a cheat

Excuse me, what?

It's basically an easy solution to solve love triangle

I know what polyamory means. I didn't understand why saying, "seems like a cheat," and you weren't the first in this site sharing this kind of opinion.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 9:33AM

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

I've read this oneshot twice and I still can't find a reason for the lolicon except "it's Itou Hachi." Tagging only as "age gap" was a bit misleading, in my opinion.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Poly seems like a cheat

Excuse me, what?

Ju Lilac
Lit a Light discussion 05 Jan 12:48
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

I really enjoyed reading this. That twist was the cherry on top.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Who's mike

A parody with Nike, probably. BUT Urban Dictionary has some entries with different meanings for "Mike."

Ju Lilac
DID discussion 19 Dec 07:34
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

I just hoped DID didn't stand for "dissociative identity disorder," but I guess that's exactly what the author intended with this title. This wasn't very nice of them in the slightest.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

The kind of thing I wanted to read today. Short, touching, and bittersweet, with a clean, albeit moe-ish, art. Looking forward to reading more works like this one.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

...OK?

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

So, we've been basically running in circles for I don't know how many chapters now, no plot improvements (albeit the new conflicts) or whatsoever. The only reason I'm still reading this is to kill time, what a bummer.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Good art, bad plot and development. The end.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

All's well that ends well.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

I think so too. The best happy ending for me would be something like... everyone become independent, finally finding theirselfs, and won't stay in their personal shit state. But i think there is also a chance for SeixAya.

Sei x Aya is the most probably outcome, yes, but I can also see Sei x Yoru. If the latter happens, it would be a helluva refreshing plot twist, proving people sometimes can't detach themselves from the past. Refreshing in the sense it would crush our expectation (given the manga's title) and ESPECIALLY because it would depict reality as it is.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

It's gonna be even messier from now on. This whole story is about detachment; in other words, about letting go. Are the choices for the good, though? We don't know, and they probably won't.

For people saying the characters are bland: no, they are not. Of course there is a little of tropes here and there, but in my opinion, they're being conducted in a very mature way, and very, very slowly. This kind of storytelling isn't that uncommon, but isn't very liked by a lot of readers, for we are used to the standard "plot > conflict > climax > ending" structure.

And the "happy ending" won't be "happy." I'm calling it. I really like stories like this one, messy and bittersweet.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Disappointed. I really like stories like this one, but after chapter 30 it started derailing so much. It became a pain to keep reading it.

On one hand, I'm really glad it's over. On another hand, I think there is still room for plot development. All in all, I'd rate this manga 7 out of 10, because I really love bittersweet stories, but the plot lacks in many aspects, unfortunately.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 3:46PM

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

I blame my boyfriend for making me like Precure this much, and Negom for always having the nicest and most unusual pairings. <3

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Getting flashbacks of Tatu here.

This time I'm obliged to agree with you. Even so, t.A.T.u. spoke for a lot of closeted LGBT people back in the day, especially in a country like Russia.

On one hand, the fanservice was somewhat positive on one hand; on the other, though, those same people got utterly disappointed when they found out Lena and Yulia were just putting up an act. Unfortunately, the latter has become more and more homophobic lately, like many other "proud Russians."

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Definitely a mixed bag. The relationship itself was cute enough, but it did feature two pretty crappy tropes, those being the "lesbian sex doesn't count" and the "homophobes are just closeted" tropes.

Although it certainly is a cliché and a stereo type, as is often the case with these gross over generalizations, there is some truth beneath it. I can't say I've seen it much with women, but in my own personal experience I have seen quite a bit of the male variant of this stereo type of guys who are rabidly homophobic often having latent homosexual tendencies.

In my experience it often tends to be the individuals that come out of left field with it during seemingly innocuous situations and who make a big public fuss about it. It's almost like they are trying to shout out to the world "I'm not gay" when everyone else is just going about there usual activities with little or no trigger event apparent. I have known three people like this. Two acquaintances and one lifelong friend. The acquaintances I bumped into years later and they were out of the closet and the life long friend is now in his 40s, never dated and still rabidly homophobic and lets just say he really should take some precautions with erasing his browser history etc. if he is going to let others use his computer. I really do feel sorry for him, although that goes away pretty quickly once he starts ranting. He is also racist against Latinos and has the last name of Sanchez... Yeah.

I think no one said it doesn't exist IRL. Problem is,
as someone else pointed here, the idea was very poorly executed. Even within the LGBTQI+ community there are cases of gays and lesbians hating trans/enbie people, which is sad. Even bi people are often victims of hatred within their own community because they swing both ways, so they're portrayed as "unfaithful," or "cheaters."

I myself used to hide the fact I also like women, and even restrained myself from defending the flag, because of the bullying I had to put up with day by day back in school days. The fact that I studied in a Catholic school doesn't help, too, and for many years I lived in a self-denial scenario, but was dating women "behind the scenes." I indirectly contributed to the hating by not defending the LGBTQI+ cause and reminiscing silent whenever someone said shit.

However, the plot holes in this story are many, and the transition points also don't help, so any kind of misinterpration shown in the comments isn't the readers' fault in the slightest.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

This was great. And no, the author does not have any shitty ideas about virginity. Tsuzuki was teasing the poor girl. Teasing homophobes or until-recently homophobes is top quality fun. You should try it sometime.

Ah yes, of course. Until you end up fucking hurt in a hospital bed, or gasp dead.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Guys, I think the post sex scene happens AFTER the conversation at the end about her being a virgin, and the lighter haired character had an inner monologue earlier about how she had been with men and that being what made her realize she liked women more.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "lesbian sex doesn't count" trope, because I'm not seeing it.

Nope. The scene happens AFTER sex, and if you pay attention enough, you'll notice the small page number on the right/left of said page. Tokiko first says she's a virgin, but then she realizes she had sex and blushes.

I can't find any redeeming qualities for this manga, really. It's fucking disgusting.

It could be a translational error. The context of page 26-27 is they were talking about no way a cute person in their 20s still a virgin. The MC should reply with "I =was= a virgin", not "is". And the realization panel after that is just her realizing she didn't deny that she's a cute woman, which got her tease by the light hair girl.

I interpreted it both ways. But then again, this story is so messed up and has a lot of plot holes, that any kind of misinterpretation isn't readers' fault.

Img_20201212_135003_871
joined Aug 2, 2020

Did those 3 last panels implied that she is the one who caused the accident or am I overthinking it?

I got the same impression, to be honest.