Forum › Posts by Ju Lilac

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Good art, bad plot and development. The end.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

All's well that ends well.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

I think so too. The best happy ending for me would be something like... everyone become independent, finally finding theirselfs, and won't stay in their personal shit state. But i think there is also a chance for SeixAya.

Sei x Aya is the most probably outcome, yes, but I can also see Sei x Yoru. If the latter happens, it would be a helluva refreshing plot twist, proving people sometimes can't detach themselves from the past. Refreshing in the sense it would crush our expectation (given the manga's title) and ESPECIALLY because it would depict reality as it is.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

It's gonna be even messier from now on. This whole story is about detachment; in other words, about letting go. Are the choices for the good, though? We don't know, and they probably won't.

For people saying the characters are bland: no, they are not. Of course there is a little of tropes here and there, but in my opinion, they're being conducted in a very mature way, and very, very slowly. This kind of storytelling isn't that uncommon, but isn't very liked by a lot of readers, for we are used to the standard "plot > conflict > climax > ending" structure.

And the "happy ending" won't be "happy." I'm calling it. I really like stories like this one, messy and bittersweet.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Disappointed. I really like stories like this one, but after chapter 30 it started derailing so much. It became a pain to keep reading it.

On one hand, I'm really glad it's over. On another hand, I think there is still room for plot development. All in all, I'd rate this manga 7 out of 10, because I really love bittersweet stories, but the plot lacks in many aspects, unfortunately.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 3:46PM

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

I blame my boyfriend for making me like Precure this much, and Negom for always having the nicest and most unusual pairings. <3

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Getting flashbacks of Tatu here.

This time I'm obliged to agree with you. Even so, t.A.T.u. spoke for a lot of closeted LGBT people back in the day, especially in a country like Russia.

On one hand, the fanservice was somewhat positive on one hand; on the other, though, those same people got utterly disappointed when they found out Lena and Yulia were just putting up an act. Unfortunately, the latter has become more and more homophobic lately, like many other "proud Russians."

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Definitely a mixed bag. The relationship itself was cute enough, but it did feature two pretty crappy tropes, those being the "lesbian sex doesn't count" and the "homophobes are just closeted" tropes.

Although it certainly is a cliché and a stereo type, as is often the case with these gross over generalizations, there is some truth beneath it. I can't say I've seen it much with women, but in my own personal experience I have seen quite a bit of the male variant of this stereo type of guys who are rabidly homophobic often having latent homosexual tendencies.

In my experience it often tends to be the individuals that come out of left field with it during seemingly innocuous situations and who make a big public fuss about it. It's almost like they are trying to shout out to the world "I'm not gay" when everyone else is just going about there usual activities with little or no trigger event apparent. I have known three people like this. Two acquaintances and one lifelong friend. The acquaintances I bumped into years later and they were out of the closet and the life long friend is now in his 40s, never dated and still rabidly homophobic and lets just say he really should take some precautions with erasing his browser history etc. if he is going to let others use his computer. I really do feel sorry for him, although that goes away pretty quickly once he starts ranting. He is also racist against Latinos and has the last name of Sanchez... Yeah.

I think no one said it doesn't exist IRL. Problem is,
as someone else pointed here, the idea was very poorly executed. Even within the LGBTQI+ community there are cases of gays and lesbians hating trans/enbie people, which is sad. Even bi people are often victims of hatred within their own community because they swing both ways, so they're portrayed as "unfaithful," or "cheaters."

I myself used to hide the fact I also like women, and even restrained myself from defending the flag, because of the bullying I had to put up with day by day back in school days. The fact that I studied in a Catholic school doesn't help, too, and for many years I lived in a self-denial scenario, but was dating women "behind the scenes." I indirectly contributed to the hating by not defending the LGBTQI+ cause and reminiscing silent whenever someone said shit.

However, the plot holes in this story are many, and the transition points also don't help, so any kind of misinterpration shown in the comments isn't the readers' fault in the slightest.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

This was great. And no, the author does not have any shitty ideas about virginity. Tsuzuki was teasing the poor girl. Teasing homophobes or until-recently homophobes is top quality fun. You should try it sometime.

Ah yes, of course. Until you end up fucking hurt in a hospital bed, or gasp dead.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Guys, I think the post sex scene happens AFTER the conversation at the end about her being a virgin, and the lighter haired character had an inner monologue earlier about how she had been with men and that being what made her realize she liked women more.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "lesbian sex doesn't count" trope, because I'm not seeing it.

Nope. The scene happens AFTER sex, and if you pay attention enough, you'll notice the small page number on the right/left of said page. Tokiko first says she's a virgin, but then she realizes she had sex and blushes.

I can't find any redeeming qualities for this manga, really. It's fucking disgusting.

It could be a translational error. The context of page 26-27 is they were talking about no way a cute person in their 20s still a virgin. The MC should reply with "I =was= a virgin", not "is". And the realization panel after that is just her realizing she didn't deny that she's a cute woman, which got her tease by the light hair girl.

I interpreted it both ways. But then again, this story is so messed up and has a lot of plot holes, that any kind of misinterpretation isn't readers' fault.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Did those 3 last panels implied that she is the one who caused the accident or am I overthinking it?

I got the same impression, to be honest.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

That cliffhanger ending. Me likey.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Guys, I think the post sex scene happens AFTER the conversation at the end about her being a virgin, and the lighter haired character had an inner monologue earlier about how she had been with men and that being what made her realize she liked women more.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "lesbian sex doesn't count" trope, because I'm not seeing it.

Nope. The scene happens AFTER sex, and if you pay attention enough, you'll notice the small page number on the right/left of said page. Tokiko first says she's a virgin, but then she realizes she had sex and blushes.

I can't find any redeeming qualities for this manga, really. It's fucking disgusting.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

I never had sex ed in school, so this kind of manga is nice to have around. It seems very coherent, though some ideas sound crazy. And before you ask me, no, sex ed isn't a thing here in Brazil, unfortunately. It should be, but sigh it's not.

But, I'm in check with my health and I know most of contraceptive methods. I think I've passed, then?

I’m pretty sure that sex education is part of science subject in the brazil public high school. even me, who studied at a very bad public school remember seen something like this... more focused on STDs, birthcontrol and contraceptive methods, but still
btw hue

Yeah, you're not entirely wrong. But in my case, I studied 14 years in a Catholic school, so... The only things I remember from my science classes are reproduction, menstruation, ovulation, and STDs. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Not really my cup of tea, but it's nice reading something like this every now and then.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

And yet we still can't get the wholesome tag for some reason.

I second this.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

That subtle reference...

Ju Lilac
Angel's Toy discussion 27 Sep 21:49
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Can't believe this series is two years old now. Negom has completed dominated the Hugtto! PreCure series with her OC and Saaya. I'm both impressed and scared.

Thanks for all of your hard work with getting these translations done! :)

Just curious though since I was peaking around Negom’s pixiv and saw this https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/74010993

Would you happen to know if this also a continuation to the the MOB sensei x Saaya saga but with an obviously grown up Saaya?

Looks like it, yes. And it also seems they're married.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 9:49PM

Ju Lilac
Angel's Toy discussion 27 Sep 21:46
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

This was so intense and sexy, oh my. I also love toys myself, and they REALLY spice up things.

Negom nailed it once again.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

The more I read this manga, the more I suffer in anticipation for the next chapter. Damn, it's so wholesome it hurts. And it's scary how Shiho looks like a lot my boyfriend.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

I don't understand this manga at all. How is it Himari's fault that Shiro abandoned its kitten? Why is feeding a stray cat lumped in with abandoning one yourself? The messaging about taking responsibility makes sense of neglecting an adopted cat, but I don't see how it pertains to feeding strays at all.

Same here, can anyone explain?

Some people are pretty harsh towards this question. In their opinion, when you feed a stray cat but have no intentions to adopt it, you're just contributing with the abandon.

It's more or less the same mindset of those who say that if you help people who live in the streets (by giving them food, clothes, hygiene products, etc.), you're just contributing to their "laziness" for finding a job and such.

Of course there's a fine line between these two situations, but the idea behind both of them tends to have the same foundation: contributing to the "problem" and not solving it at all. Sad but true, unfortunately.

The two situations are nowhere near similar in that caring for a small animal takes nowhere near the resources of caring for a human being who has free will. People who feed stray animals of any type without the intent of somehow finding them a home or even bringing them into theirs are just being selfish. They get to feel better about themselves or assuage their guilt without taking any real responsibility for the well-being of the animal.

I said "some people," not "all people." I said "more or less," not "the same." And more importantly, I said "there's a fine line between these two situations." The mindsetーM I N D S E Tーis the only thing in common in these two situations.

There are many reasons behind not taking care of an animal you just saw wandering on the streets. People fear rabic and other diseases these poor beings may have; people are are allergic to them despite liking them; and so on. Not everything is based on selfishness, and things aren't black or white either.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

I don't understand this manga at all. How is it Himari's fault that Shiro abandoned its kitten? Why is feeding a stray cat lumped in with abandoning one yourself? The messaging about taking responsibility makes sense of neglecting an adopted cat, but I don't see how it pertains to feeding strays at all.

Same here, can anyone explain?

Some people are pretty harsh towards this question. In their opinion, when you feed a stray cat but have no intentions to adopt it, you're just contributing with the abandon.

It's more or less the same mindset of those who say that if you help people who live in the streets (by giving them food, clothes, hygiene products, etc.), you're just contributing to their "laziness" for finding a job and such.

Of course there's a fine line between these two situations, but the idea behind both of them tends to have the same foundation: contributing to the "problem" and not solving it at all. Sad but true, unfortunately.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

This is the kind of comic I was looking for. Finally I can cry until I fall asleep.

Karin only said the truth, though; love is, indeed, bitter.

Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

Why do I feel like I've already read this comic before?

Yes, you do and so do I.
It's here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gurayuri_soushuuhen

By the way, I still like it

Thank you.

Ju Lilac
Img_20201109_161751_507
joined Aug 2, 2020

So wholesome. Loved it!