Forum › My Younger Senpai discussion

joined Feb 10, 2022

Well its ova. It was a good manga without taking in consideration the time travel logic issues. The art is good tho few times they had kinda awkward body like little nana in chp26 in the 3some. But i still liked it. My only little complaint is the fact that future aya doesnt remember what they did, at least I wanted to see her calling her "sasaki"(her fake name) to let her know she could remember all they did in the past. But anyway vol4 will be released until May it may have an extra chapter. Also the author said next month will reveal the new manga that is working on.
Btw does anyone know a trusted website where I can buy the physical copy of manga? I usually use two but they dont have the ones I'm looking for.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

Well I enjoyed the series, a cute and sexy little "don't think too hard" about it romp, and not too long either. Concludes with a very wholesome ending. Thumbs up from me :)

oh yeah, feels good
the first times she does lewd things to her senpai will be timeless tho

joined Jul 26, 2018

I think it was ok for what it is, an enjoyable ecchi/hentai with vanilla romance.

however I'm not a fan of the ending, I was expecting older nana to return to her original timeline and then working the courage to confess to seto and date her, like a "return to your own world and fix things there" kind of ending.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

So, after she left the future, everyone just kinda fogot that she existed at all, right?

As usual, nothing makes sense right up to the end. At least that is consistent with this manga. Not that I'm complaining, I liked this nonsense all the more!

joined Jul 20, 2020

So, after she left the future, everyone just kinda fogot that she existed at all, right?

As usual, nothing makes sense right up to the end. At least that is consistent with this manga. Not that I'm complaining, I liked this nonsense all the more!

It does make sense however when you consider that all this has been a dream and she actually woke up in a dream since the first chapter! That would at least explain some of the stuff in the dream like older Seto wearing similar but different clothing in chapter 1 and then of course final one when Nana wakes up. Nana winning the toy in ch 22 which you can see in page 23 on the shelf! Some of the stuff did happen for real like Kaimori helping Nana with her fashion sense hence the reason why most of the time travel doesn't make any sense!

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

If you think of this story as having the same logic as Back To The Future, it makes sense. Remember that old movie?

The mc was the son of some random wage slave and his family had only a small income. But then he travels to the past and changes some shit, and when he returns to the future he finds that his father is now a millionaire and his family is wallowing in wealth. But he still has his memories of having been poor all his life. In the new future, he's supposed to have lived his life as a wealthy kid, but he doesn't remember any of that. And nobody cares about what happened to those lost memories, or whether there are others iterations of the mc who've gone astray in the space-time continuum. He doesn't even check whether his parents remember him as the guy who helped them 20 years in the past and then one day vanished. Because nobody gives a damn.

This manga is a lesbian version of Back To The Future. Don't think too much and just leave it at that.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

This manga is a lesbian version of Back To The Future. Don't think too much and just leave it at that.

Damn now I need to see a lesbian manga version of Biff Tannen...

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Damn now I need to see a lesbian manga version of Biff Tannen...

That actually sounds really hot

joined Dec 28, 2017

D'aww. Happy ending achieved!

Sawyerboredsquarebkgdoutline250
joined Nov 14, 2018

It feels so nice to finish with a happy ending :)

joined Jul 21, 2020

Rocking horse (or cow) at the park, I dub thee DeLorean.

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

It was cute and fun, but I think I would have marginally preferred it if senpai remembered as though it did happen and been like "oh, so the time slip finally happened for you, huh? Guess you're gonna need help catching up." Or something like that. It wouldn't have made the time travel mechanics make any more logistical sense or anything like that, but I think it would've helped with suspension of disbelief just a little bit. Plus it would have been nice for the two of them to both still know and remember the events of the series properly, imo.

joined Nov 17, 2021

One thing I don't understand is why older Seto didn't get pissed when she found out Nana had been doing lewd stuff with her younger self and just got turned on instead.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Right up until the end, people complaining about "time travel logic"
Like, they complain seriously, as if time travel actually exists, and they are mad that it doesn't follow that real-world logic.

Sometimes I wonder if people even know what a story is. Especially a story about time travel. Hint: there is no "logic", it is entirely made up by writers, and subject to their whims.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ehhhhhhh posted:

Like, they complain seriously, as if time travel actually exists, and they are mad that it doesn't follow that real-world logic.

Sometimes I wonder if people even know what a story is. Especially a story about time travel. Hint: there is no "logic", it is entirely made up by writers, and subject to their whims.

Read more carefully, is true that you can't do "time travel right" but that doesn't excuse you from throwing logic out of the window when it comes to character's behavior like how senpais goes "Oh? you went back on time, had sex with me AND you to save me from a sad future and then you came back without any memories of our life together until now? well... I believe you, that's pretty cool and all but you know I'm horny as fuck so lets just do it, like right now"

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 1:53PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's true, but it's also basically irrelevant--nobody is criticizing the story on the basis of any "real-world logic." In other contexts I've certainly criticized readers for failing to distinguish between reality and fiction, but the above assertion totally ignores how stories usually work.

Time travel is a well-known fictional convention that has been depicted in a variety of different ways, using a number of different fictional explanations for why the time travel occurs and how it works. Unlike those stories, however, this series pays only negligible attention to its fictional time-travel mechanics. As others have said, the author clearly doesn't care about such matters or about answering the questions that inevitably arise when deploying the time-travel trope. That's fine--the story is what it is.

But readers can't be blamed for thinking that this author might do what 99.6% of previous time-travel authors have done--show some explanation (vague though it might be) about how the time-travel trope works, or for supplying their own readings when the author doesn't bother to do so. The suggestion that such readers "don't know about stories" is fatuous beyond belief.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Well uh that was sudden... But I guess it's to be expected with how this manga went. It ended like it began, plot holes everywhere.

KenshiroEverydayLifeIsFun
joined Dec 22, 2021

That was an amazing read with an actual happy ending. (YESSS!!!)
I agree with some people above that Seto-senpai remembered the time in the past with "Nanazawas" would have been even more satisfying. Still, I'm grateful to this manga for delivering such good story and interaction without unnecessary forceful drama.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

At this point, I no longer know if Senpai actually even still love the past MC, since she literally letting a stranger (they might know each other name, but that pretty much about it, and future MC has a fake name at that) do lewd things to her every single time they meet, but oh well, might as well read and see the ending if its indeed just a hentai series or actually has plot.

Oh clearly she doesn't love the past MC anymore, this is a glorified Hentai series at this point with no deeper plot/meaning at all. A stranger did the cringy hentai-mindbreak on her, and apart from 2 glances at past MC, senpai shows no real connection to her apart from being acquaintances. Just shut brain off and enjoy the enjoyable spicy scenes, it's all this manga has to it since the writing is terrible.

ONS exist. You don't need to know a person to be attracted to each other. Senpai was from the very first moment clearly attracted to the older Nee-san, but yeah ofc it's easier to call it a hentai series/mindbreak.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Huh that was a little unexpected, she didn't go back to her own timeline and she didn't go to the new timeline, instead the two merged into some mix that's more like the old timeline but with changes that took place in the new one

Part of me is disappointed that I didn't get to see the ending I invisioned, but this one isnt bad either. I do think the manga lost a bit of steam after she revealed her identity, but overall I have to say I loved this EcchiRom, though more of adult Seto would have been awesome

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

One thing I don't understand is why older Seto didn't get pissed when she found out Nana had been doing lewd stuff with her younger self and just got turned on instead.

"What's that honey, were you kissing and making love to Me~"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think it was ok for what it is, an enjoyable ecchi/hentai with vanilla romance.

however I'm not a fan of the ending, I was expecting older nana to return to her original timeline and then working the courage to confess to seto and date her, like a "return to your own world and fix things there" kind of ending.

Highfive

joined Feb 10, 2022

Hopefully the new manga gets translated it has 5 chapters as of today

joined May 24, 2014

Hopefully the new manga gets translated it has 5 chapters as of today

It's now on mangadex. It's about prostitution.

To reply you must either login or sign up.