Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

That moeblob baby was TOO adorbs.

I am now a melted pool of goo on the floor.

I... just hope Fuuko hasn't decided to swear off girls—and turn to the hetero life so that she too can have cute babies like that one.

I know, I know, little or no possibility... But I can't but giggle to myself when I think of the face Yuni would made, next chapter, when she meets Fuuko, if Fuuko told her that Yuni soured her on vajayjay forever. ;-D

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

fuuko is having her growing up arc. she can now become either the weird lesbian aunt (evil, has left countless maidens destroyed in her wake, almost died on at least twenty occasions) or the weird lesbian aunt (settled down with another woman, dual income, gives too many gifts, probably would instantly die without an emotional support female)

joined Jun 10, 2023

I know, I know, little or no possibility...

Actually, you wouldn't believe how many lesbians have gone through this in comphet-heavy countries, all through history. "Get a hubby and you too can have cute babies!" was always one of the most powerful arguments to bring them into line.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Why does Nanase act as if she suddenly has some early onset dementia? Yuni told her exactly where she was and was leaning against the wall literally by the entrance of the outlet...

Because it's mildly frustrating which must mean that it's OK for her to leave and go cheat on her girlfriend again /s

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

I don't think both of them want to see each other for cheating reasons.
They have so many new self-discoveries which they want to share with someone who fully understands.
They are each other persons.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

yesyesyes

I... just hope Fuuko hasn't decided to swear off girls—and turn to the hetero life so that she too can have cute babies like that one.

nonono

joined Apr 10, 2023

Nanase is so useless at everything that isn't volleyball. I bet she could find a volleyball in that crowd where she couldn't find the Yuna right in front of her. Seriously though the implication here is that Yuna to her looks generic enough to not stand out. It's not like things have been going well since they got back together but oof. Nanase really feels like the whole reason she fought "for Yuna" was out of competitiveness or territoriality, rather than actually wanting her. Yuna really should just explicitly dump her. No matter what happens with Fuuko. Bet her mom would give her similar advice.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 7:10AM

joined Dec 18, 2020

Most people seem to hate Yuni, and while I also hate people that cheat, we are talking about a high school student on a single mother household (unless I missed the dad somewhere), she doesn't know shit and she doesn't have any good parameters. She is discovering who she is and you can't make omelette without breaking a few eggs. She is clearly conflicted and in love with Fukko. I hope she learned from the past and doesn't cheat on Nanase this time around. I would also hope Fukko won't just accept to be her 2nd or whatever. Some character growth would be nice, loving this series... thanks for translating.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 12:11PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yuni is shit. Fukko is shit. No sappy story will change that. Nanase is a flawed ambitious high school girl.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 12:28PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Guyth, obviously Fuuko is planning to take the baby while they're sleeping then elope with Yuni and live happily ever after as a family unit.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Nanase is so useless at everything that isn't volleyball. I bet she could find a volleyball in that crowd where she couldn't find the Yuna right in front of her.

Bahaha this is gold.

Seriously though the implication here is that Yuna to her looks generic enough to not stand out.

Maybe. Could also be that Nanase is in a similar frame of mind as Yuni in regards to their relationship.
Neither love each other and the relationship feels more burdensome as time passes. They are increasingly "going through the motions" of being together by putting in the bare minimum of effort and attention necessary to maintain the status quo.

I don't think both of them want to see each other for cheating reasons.
They have so many new self-discoveries which they want to share with someone who fully understands.
They are each other persons.

Yeah Fuuko is obviously not making a booty call here and that's not why Yuni's going to meet up with her. Comments acting like it's simply "cheating time again" or something makes me wonder if they're reading the text or just looking at the (very well-drawn) pictures.

Iftv
joined Jun 3, 2023

YUNI IF YOU DONT LOVE HER JUST BREAK UP, SAME FOR YOU NANASE
every chapter its released i lose more braincells, gonna keep reading tho

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

On a serious note, Yuni hasn't completely figured out her feelings but she, or at least her subconscious knows that with Fuuko, she feels seen. And that's why her impulses are drawn towards Fuuko even though she hasn't completely put the pieces together. Whether that becomes love or not remains to be seen.

joined Jun 27, 2022

Are you telling me Nanase didn't see the McDonald's with the giant ass sign?

Oh well she had it coming. Now Yuni must run to her side squeeze to get comforted because of her evil girlfriend. How dare she not find her fast enough

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

Yeah Fuuko is obviously not making a booty call here and that's not why Yuni's going to meet up with her. Comments acting like it's simply "cheating time again" or something makes me wonder if they're reading the text or just looking at the (very well-drawn) pictures.>

I don't think anyone is saying that Fuuko called her for that purpose. Fuuko even acknowledged that she is scum by wishing the baby turns out differently. She might actually learn and grow.

Yet Yuni, well, she is still Yuni. She did without doubt run away to do whatever Fuuko wants to do. While Nanase was still trying to find her. Total asshole move, and I would expect nothing else from her character.

Yuni and Nanase should break up, but after Nanase gave her another chance, she could at least show the bare minimum of respect for a person who cares for her.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Yeah Fuuko is obviously not making a booty call here and that's not why Yuni's going to meet up with her. Comments acting like it's simply "cheating time again" or something makes me wonder if they're reading the text or just looking at the (very well-drawn) pictures.>

I don't think anyone is saying that Fuuko called her for that purpose. Fuuko even acknowledged that she is scum by wishing the baby turns out differently. She might actually learn and grow.

Yet Yuni, well, she is still Yuni. She did without doubt run away to do whatever Fuuko wants to do. While Nanase was still trying to find her. Total asshole move, and I would expect nothing else from her character.

Yuni and Nanase should break up, but after Nanase gave her another chance, she could at least show the bare minimum of respect for a person who cares for her.

Exactly my thought process too! Yuni really doesn't deserve any of them in my mind

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Oof I hate Fuuko's mom and I laughed when she complained saying "My sons do nothing but work!"

Yeah, no shit you cruel bitch. Guess whose fault is that? lol

Go study your modern japanese and be a lesbian, Fuuko.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 8:49AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

People talk about "deserve" way too much with romance, it's kinda gross ngl. Nobody "deserves" any romantic relationship, they aren't something you can earn. They are a matter of two (or more) people consenting to be with each other and clearly Fuuko does not share in these extremely negative interpretations of Yuni's character.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

People talk about "deserve" way too much with romance, it's kinda gross ngl. Nobody "deserves" any romantic relationship, they aren't something you can earn. They are a matter of two (or more) people consenting to be with each other and clearly Fuuko does not share in these extremely negative interpretations of Yuni's character.

Well, go ahead and share some of her positive qualities with us. I'm curious to hear about them, especially since even the author describes her negatively. Then, explain to us how someone who was forgiven for cheating and then betrays that trust again at the first chance can still be considered a good person.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

For many readers, the game of "who's the good one, who's the bad one?" never gets old. Yuni cheats, therefore Nanase can't also be a mediocre girlfriend, etc.

As to Yuni's "good points," she's lonely, subby, and Fuuko finds her hot. Lifelong marriages have been built on less.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 10:20AM

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

i don't think "deserve" when used in the framework of romance really has any ties to ownership or entitlement or anything like that--which is what this feels like its implying since you said "consent."

i think it's really about the effort someone puts into the relationship that calls for the use of the word..like a person telling their friend that their ex didn't "deserve" her; i think it's about that ex not doing enough to make them happy, make the relationship work, etc.; the ex didn't do enough to be by their side.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Comedy gold.

Yup. That's the stuff I come for at this point. What a weird, forced reason to initiate this development, "the >bad< girlfriend is suddenly absolutely miserable with directions oh no". The first part of the chapter was actually quite cute though, against at least some of the odds.

I wouldn't call her asshole-ish, I'd call her... passionate lol. She's obviously flawed, I'd imagine she's been working through the last few chapters' events in her head wondering what she did wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if "being too demanding and confrontational" comes out as the conclusion, she pushed to try to end things definitively before Yuni was quite ready to move on, which shows Fuuko in retrospect to be less manipulative than she previously came across as. She wasn't winning because she's a puppet master making Yuni dance to her tune, she was winning because Yuni really did want her, and she stopped winning because Yuni flinched out of guilt for being a "cheater".

Yes I do actually agree with a lot of this. But also, chapter 17 exists ahaha. I call that crossing the line, you call it being passionate, but hey it's all good.

joined Sep 3, 2023

You’re right; Fuuko is indeed a complex character. Her flaws make her more human and relatable. Passion can sometimes blur the line between assertiveness and being overbearing, and it’s interesting to see how different readers perceive her behavior. The fact that she’s been reflecting on her actions shows growth. Autodesk AEC Collection 2023 https://procadis.com/version/autodesk-architecture-engineering-construction-collection-2023/ discounted offer for architects and engineers. It’s easy to label her as manipulative, but perhaps she’s just navigating her emotions and desires. The tension between wanting to end things definitively and Yuni’s readiness to move on adds depth to their relationship. Fuuko’s intensity might have pushed Yuni away, but it also highlights her genuine feelings.

last edited at Apr 3, 2024 12:54PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

Well, go ahead and share some of her positive qualities with us. I'm curious to hear about them, especially since even the author describes her negatively. Then, explain to us how someone who was forgiven for cheating and then betrays that trust again at the first chance can still be considered a good person.

The reasons why Fuuko likes her are probably not going to be universal values that you share, but that's because Fuuko is a different person from you presumably. As for the specifics of those reasons, this is a matter of interpretation/speculation, but:
1) Fuuko spent a lot of time reading Yuni's twitter account, seeing her complain about her gf and feeling lonely and neglected. Fuuko probably saw Yuni as a kindred fellow spirit as a lonely neglected teen lesbian. Nobody likes feeling isolated and that goes like 10x for teenagers.
2) Hot
3) Very sexually compatible
4) In cheating on her official gf, Yuni made Fuuko feel very valued, because it looks like Yuni thought Fuuko was worth breaking rules and getting hated by annoying Internet commentors in order to spend time with her.

last edited at Mar 31, 2024 6:29PM

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

Ah, I see. So, a bunch of pretty shallow arguments. And least that fits the character.

It's quite amusing how Yuni, a character who hasn't experienced much development throughout the story, she remains consistent as a selfish individual from start to finish. And despite the author's clear intention of depicting her as annoying and unlikeable, some readers perceive her as simply a typical hormonal teenager. The author even referred to her as a "pain in the ass" and say she imbued her with all the negative traits she typically associated with women. Defending such a character appears odd to me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.