Forum › Posts by Hiraldor

joined Dec 18, 2020

Most people seem to hate Yuni, and while I also hate people that cheat, we are talking about a high school student on a single mother household (unless I missed the dad somewhere), she doesn't know shit and she doesn't have any good parameters. She is discovering who she is and you can't make omelette without breaking a few eggs. She is clearly conflicted and in love with Fukko. I hope she learned from the past and doesn't cheat on Nanase this time around. I would also hope Fukko won't just accept to be her 2nd or whatever. Some character growth would be nice, loving this series... thanks for translating.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 12:11PM

joined Dec 18, 2020

This is so fucked up and I love it. Reminds me of Kitanai Kimi ga ichiban kawaii a bit.

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

Yessss this looks like the perfect trainwreck. I expect the "depressing as fuck" tag come up pretty soon. Love this author.

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

This is a terrible example of Polyamory to the point where it barely counts. Polyamory stories work best when everyone involved is, if not in love with, at least cares about the other members. Nanami is the beneficiary of ALL of the love in this scenario. The two men clearly, at best, merely tolerate each other and both would probably rather not share. Mitsuki's boss is nearly openly hostile to her about it. This is a situation that only benefits Nanami. She might be honest about it, but it's very clear that everyone else involved only goes along with it because they like HER that much. I'm sorry, this is just a harem. And hell, the people involved are more hostile to each other than most typical harem scenarios I've seen. If THIS was the common portrayal of polyamory I'd be against it too, because this is toxic as hell and makes about the worst case possible for it.

The best polyamory stories have the group of characters fall in love with each other. Maybe it might START as a love triangle in some instances, but work is done to build the relationship between the others in time. There is no way in hell that would have happened in this story, even if the plot wasn't massively accelerating.

I'm not going to pretent to understand polyamory relationships, I can't imagine sharing my partner, but I think you're right. The good polyamory stories that I've read (Luminous=Blue comes to mind) feel more like the characters are in love with multiple ppl.

Regardless, wether this is a good repesentation of polyamory or not, I agree with most of the comments here. I can only see a dark and gloomy ending to this story because MC is clearly not comfortable with sharing her crush. It would surprise me if the author manages to pull of a "happy" or "good" ending without making it super forced.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 7:18PM

joined Dec 18, 2020

This is amazing. I really like the serious tone of this manga, I can see how other authors would have made the premise more fun or comedic but this one went fully dark with the parents and her background. Definitely one to keep an eye out for.

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

I can feel the pain in the art style, in the faces. This was so good. I'll keep an eye on this author.

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 7:07PM

joined Dec 18, 2020

Komachi has always been kind of creepy, now she's bordering yandere territory. Also great slap by Akira.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Cute, I'll keep an eye on this one. Scarlet, from the same author was good but the ending was very rushed, maybe it was axed.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Damn this was devastating, even though I saw it coming I still had some hope left. This was just a great manga all around, I'll keep an eye on this author.

Edit: Btw did Hina go out with the intention of killing herself or did she just gave up after falling?

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 5:25AM

joined Dec 18, 2020

... at least we got a beach episode?

Lol

joined Dec 18, 2020

Love this! Thanks so much for the translation.

Does it deserves the Yuri tag though? To me it looks like "subtext" would be more appropriate, at least as far as chapter 39.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Damn, that was dark and I love it. Easily one of my favorite mangas atm. Thanks for translating.

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

The tone of this manga was lighthearted until the Mary arc, at which point it went almost full angst. And to now to have this wholesome confession idk feels a little forced. I'm happy with a happy ending though, I guess what I'm saying is this didn't need all that drama to get to this imo.

last edited at Nov 27, 2021 10:48AM

joined Dec 18, 2020

This looks like another “Gunjo”.

A bit right? but it looks less bleak in comparison so far. I loved Gunjo so I'm excited for this.

joined Dec 18, 2020

I'm loving this! their relationship feels authentic, good writing and art so far. Thanks so much for translating! Definitely will keep an eye on this.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Love this series. I really want to see the aftermath of the battle from enormeeta's side. Kinda worried for Utena, that last punch looked like it hurt.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Yeah I don't see them getting into any kind of healthy relationship. I hope Rin can learn from it and just move on, but it won't happen unfortunately, it looks like we're in for the angst ride. I'll skip this one. Thanks for the translation.

Hiraldor
Murasaki discussion 12 Nov 20:19
joined Dec 18, 2020

This is awesome!

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

It was nice, can't help but compare it to "Run Away With Me Girl" since it's from the same author, and yeah this work is a bit weaker imo, but I enjoyed it and would like to read it again in the future.

Thanks a lot for translating.

last edited at Nov 10, 2021 8:59PM

joined Dec 18, 2020

I think it hurts so much because it hits way too close home for many people. I was cheated on and this manga just regurgitates those memories and feelings. It's even aggravated by the fact that Ruki just swallows it up and accepts Sachi while still being hurt. I've been there, in a toxic relationship where you don't even know how to get out of, when you have such attachment to this other person that you end up diminishing your own self worth. So yeah this is very realistic, that's why it hurts. But it's obvious to me their relationship will not last. You can't make it work with so much baggage, at some point these feeling of betrayal will come to surface from Ruki and she will confront them. And I don't believe for a second Sachi loves Ruki, so when that happens she'll most likely just toss her aside without a care. Damn what a mess.

I actually read this back in 2018 and its still stuck with me so, that's definitely something to commend the mangaka for.

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

God this is so funny and sad at the same time, I love it!

joined Dec 18, 2020

You treat her like dirt and expect her to like you for your personality?

Exactly. I don't like the personality of any character so far though, which is a problem.

Thanks for translating.

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 6:07PM

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

Anything similar to Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii?

The weird fetishes aren't a must (though they are welcome), just looking for a psychological and creepy yuri.

How about this anthology? Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun
You could also go with Happy Sugar Life which also has an anime adaptation

Thank you so much! I did read Happy Sugar Life but not the anthology, I'll definitely check it out!

Hiraldor
joined Dec 18, 2020

Anything similar to Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii?

The weird fetishes aren't a must (though they are welcome), just looking for a psychological and creepy yuri.

joined Dec 18, 2020

for those wondering why there's no new chapter today:

Thanks for letting us know. Too bad :( this is one of my favorites right now, I was eager to check the new chapter.