Forum › Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri discussion

Dpsmall
joined Dec 12, 2016

Chapter 25 is amazing in a lot of ways. Mochi at their very best

joined Aug 10, 2016

Mochi that was amazing, fantastic, a wonderful windfall of context. Thanks so much to the translators for bringing us these chapters.

But my horse is still her scummy pervert best friend, they're perfectly equally trash together and I'll die on this hill even should my ship go down to the depths of the ocean.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

25 is so grounded and fluffy, I got caught off guard

also Izumi really just stopped bothering with the pretense of not being into girls

joined Jun 13, 2023

So it looks like the winner's gonna be the little tsundere. Not that I'm complaining

joined Jul 6, 2020

Oh wow. Chapter 25 was awesome.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I saved up chapters to get through the alleged rough patch of Volume 4, but I cannot comprehend why the original translators disliked it so. The action was a fun breath of fresh air and it really displayed Toudou's friend circle well, while also being genuinely funny. Yomotsuka being absolutely smooth during the entire event, avoiding exerting herself or getting hurt and ultimately reaping all the benfits while also flirting with her target was truly a sigh to behold.

With that out of the way, we have by now passed the threshold where the title is no longer necessary. Toudou does not even attempt to deny her attraction to girls anymore and is in fact pining for all the hotties around her. I like the constant mentions of what parts of the girls she finds attractive, her blushing at girls being dominant with her etc. She has never showed a single detailed interest in that teacher that is now long forgotten, but she has always been clear about how hot she finds girls. Good to see her being honest, especially in the latest chapters wth Yanagi and Rin. Surprisingly she seems to be the type who will have casual sex as long as it's a "hot babe".

Naturally she has an attention fetish, so that explains her focus on "say that I belong to you/I'm yours", but that also feeds into the harem dynamic. More attention and love gives her more happiness hormones. I seriously find it hard to imagine a scenario where she picks one of the girls to be her exclusive partner. It still seems to me that Yomotsuka is her favorite (also the one who took all her firsts), but I can't deny how genuine her affection for Rin seems now.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 10:59AM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

oh also this is the first time we’ve really seen itsumi’s sister, right?

normally I wouldn’t assume that she’s also into itsumi, but given that it’s mochi, I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I've just caught up with about ten chapters, what a pleasure. Yanagi and Rin are really great, love them.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Know that you're my new idols. <3

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I’ve never been too into harem stuff, but I swear, if this series doesn’t end up with Toudou being the bottom center of this gaggle of girls that she’s somehow managed to fail her way into, I’ll eat my shirt.

I saved up chapters to get through the alleged rough patch of Volume 4, but I cannot comprehend why the original translators disliked it so. The action was a fun breath of fresh air and it really displayed Toudou's friend circle well, while also being genuinely funny. Yomotsuka being absolutely smooth during the entire event, avoiding exerting herself or getting hurt and ultimately reaping all the benfits while also flirting with her target was truly a sigh to behold.

Same. I actually thought it was one of the stronger parts of this series. The action didn’t feel terribly out of place amongst the over-the-top antics of this series while still being a good change of pace, the jokes were good, and a bunch of characters had the opportunity to really let their personalities shine in a way that wasn’t directly related to the main character. I just hope that the series doesn’t end too soon, because actually makes for a good “intermission” arc to this series’ usual antics.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 11:47PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

So many chapters at once! We're so blessed! Thank you, Black Rose!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Huh? Did the amount of uploaded chapters just double at once?

joined Feb 1, 2021

Ah, our idiot garbage queen Toudou managed to do a good deed.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Kinda wish some of the other girls can get together outside of Toudou's harem.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"so Mochi, which direction you want this manga to go in?"
"yes"

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

So far,
Toudou with the younger tsundere
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R
Kamisada with Hachou, yakuza girl's big sis(?).

It seems like Toudou isn't getting every one in her harem. The pairings are perfect so far.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I love how this is turning out, toudou went from "im not gay," to "im not gay, i have sex with women and relationships with men" to "kissing girls is sooooo nice, but im straight! i have to be!" to "can i hold your hand? will you praise me if i do well? let's go on another date soon, okay?" over the course of like 4 volumes and i just love that for her.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 12:30AM

joined Dec 17, 2021

With that out of the way, we have by now passed the threshold where the title is no longer necessary. Toudou does not even attempt to deny her attraction to girls anymore and is in fact pining for all the hotties around her. I like the constant mentions of what parts of the girls she finds attractive, her blushing at girls being dominant with her etc. She has never showed a single detailed interest in that teacher that is now long forgotten, but she has always been clear about how hot she finds girls. Good to see her being honest, especially in the latest chapters wth Yanagi and Rin. Surprisingly she seems to be the type who will have casual sex as long as it's a "hot babe".

Naturally she has an attention fetish, so that explains her focus on "say that I belong to you/I'm yours", but that also feeds into the harem dynamic. More attention and love gives her more happiness hormones. I seriously find it hard to imagine a scenario where she picks one of the girls to be her exclusive partner. It still seems to me that Yomotsuka is her favorite (also the one who took all her firsts), but I can't deny how genuine her affection for Rin seems now.

I think it would be cool for the story to become a "how to make a poly relationship work with Toudou" in which all the girls date and share her, and maybe can start dating each other as well (though if the latter happens, I hope we don't get too far away from Toudos's POV since I care precisely because she is the one who is experiencing all of these things).

Also, Yomotsuka is my favorite as well, but the group of horny yuri ghosts comes as a close second.

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 12:14AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So far,
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R

It seems like Toudou isn't getting every one in her harem. The pairings are perfect so far.

If MC doesn't end up with Prez then I'll riot

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

After reading the recent chapters again I feel a tangible shift in the way the story is conveyed. The most major shift is perhaps Toudou herself. Beyond her admitting her utterly uncontainable homosexuality, there is the fact that she is... less of a bastard so to speak. She used to be completely mean-spirited and honestly, beyond redemption. This is why her getting her comeuppance by the end of a chapter felt so satisfying. She was the villain and she got her just desserts. In the same way this was a way to justify when bad things happened to her - bad karma.

And while this dynamic is still retained in broad strokes, it definitely feels different. Toudou is acting less like a bastard and more like a goofy narcissist. Her foul-mouthed and combative nature are now treated more as strengths than flaws. It helps her break the ice and force other characters to show their true nature. And beyond that she can actually act... nice. She considers Kuroshiro a friend, she constantly forgives her horrible "best friend" her transgessions, she actually has a group to hang with now (inclding the himejoshi fortune teller). Then there is the matter of Rin, where once she didn't feel bullied or attacked anymore she opened up to her considerably and had wholesome interactions with her (and even before that she always praised her indirectly about all her talents).

If I had to pinpoint this shift it would be around the time she used the love potion on the teacher again. That was her absolute lowest point where she acted the most petty and disgusting (and got molested in the worst way as comeuppance). After that things started to change. I suppose when she got close to Rin and generally opened up to yuri after having sex with Yomotsuka. The question is whether Mochi course corrected after perhaps realizing it got too unpleasant or if this was always an intended bit of character growth.

Regardless, we went from an evil bastard trope to lovable no-filter agent of chaos and I find this to be a pleasant development.

If anything Toudou is orbiting Yomotsuka's harem it seems. That pres has some serious game (and apparently an S&M dungeon). No wonder she was so experienced in lesbian sex from chapter 1 and not to mention, completely unaffected by the fact she did this stuff to another girl. She does it on the regular.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 1:52AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I think it would be cool for the story to become a "how to make work a poly relationship with Toudou" in which all the girls date and share her, and maybe can start dating each other as well (though if this last thing happens I hope we don't get too far away from Toudos's POV since I care precisely because she is the one who is experiencing all of these).

That's basically Jimiko-chan, except for the pov shifting.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

After reading the recent chapters again I feel a tangible shift in the way the story is conveyed. The most major shift is perhaps Toudou herself. Beyond her admitting her utterly uncontainable homosexuality, there is the fact that she is... less of a bastard so to speak. She used to be completely mean-spirited and honestly, beyond redemption. This is why her getting her comeuppance by the end of a chapter felt so satisfying. She was the villain and she got her just desserts. In the same way this was a way to justify when bad things happened to her - bad karma.

And while this dynamic is still retained in broad strokes, it definitely feels different. Toudou is acting less like a bastard and more like a goofy narcissist. Her foul-mouthed and combative nature are now treated more as strengths than flaws. It helps her break the ice and force other characters to show their true nature. And beyond that she can actually act... nice. She considers Kuroshiro a friend, she constantly forgives her horrible "best friend" her transgessions, she actually has a group to hang with now (inclding the himejoshi fortune teller). Then there is the matter of Rin, where once she didn't feel bullied or attacked anymore she opened up to her considerably and had wholesome interactions with her (and even before that she always praised her indirectly about all her talents).

If I had to pinpoint this shift it would be around the time she used the love potion on the teacher again. That was her absolute lowest point where she acted the most petty and disgusting (and got molested in the worst way as comeuppance). After that things started to change. I suppose when she got close to Rin and generally opened up to yuri after having sex with Yomotsuka. The question is whether Mochi course corrected after perhaps realizing it got too unpleasant or if this was always an intended bit of character growth.

Regardless, we went from an evil bastard trope to lovable no-filter agent of chaos and I find this to be a pleasant development.

Huh...

So that explains why I like this series so much better than I used to.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Isn’t toudou like kinda cool now? I feel like why she’s the same character she was at the start but she’s so much...chiller? The story has really changed. Especially in the last few chapters. She’s really grown on me. And I of course ship her with rin

Edit: I can see that licentious lantern put this into words way better than I lol. When was the last time she did the whole I’m not into yuri?

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 7:37AM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

So far,
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R

I think so too
Tomboy x R: pretty obvious
Prez x Banryuu: have a hint in chap 22 and 26
Hachou had invite Kamisada to join her team
But Toudou also have a great chemistry with Yanagi,so I think she have to make a decision later

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

From love potion shenanigans to... This. It did feel like a smooth transition so I won't object.
Also, chapter 4 was kind of ass. It was too much of the same dragged through almost an entire volume.

To reply you must either login or sign up.