Forum › You are totally in love with me, aren't you? discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I feel sorry that her love isn't considered normal by today's social standards even with all the acceptance shit these days, the trope is funny.... but then I feel sadness somewhere inside of me afterwards.... is this manga broken? Lol sigh

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

joined Mar 27, 2020

"Last year, I wasn't in lo... Just normal"
Speech 100, legendary save right there

joined Jul 10, 2014

"Youre totally in love with me, aren't you?"
"No, just normal...."

Everyone else around them:
"Get a room for heavens sake! The Yuriheat is over every possible limit...."

joined May 1, 2015

Normal just normal. Nothing gay here.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you, summer.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I'm just waiting for the moment she say it and the other girl like "Well, me too, so..."

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

It's cute, but if I had to rank it alongside other similar recent yuri manga with the same kind of "ends on the same punchline/phrase" thing, this isn't nearly the same quality as, say, "Hino-san" or "The Two of Them are Pretty Much Like This".

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

this is Normaln't

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

That slide back to behind the tree......has she mastered Ultra Instinct?!

joined Jul 23, 2019

No homo.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Is there a better translation to "Just normal"? Because it doesn't sound right at all.

joined Jan 11, 2019

Sayaka, if your girlfriend can't handle the sight of you in the summer uniform, maybe you should take it off.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Is there a better translation to "Just normal"? Because it doesn't sound right at all.

I think the person who posted just before you has already answered that question. xP

joined May 31, 2013

She says ふつう (Futsuu), which is literally "Normal". The thing is that she says it so often and in so many ways that there's no way to keep it consistent without sounding awkward sometimes (though it does sound awkward even in japanese in some cases).

The thing is that in japanese, Normal and Like are more exchangeable than in other languages because neither is a verb. 好き (suki) is often translated as "to like" or "to love", but it's actually a noun/adjective (just like Normal).

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Thanks for the clarification!

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

being in love is the new normal

joined Feb 18, 2015

Somehow I feel like her insisting on what she does and feels being "Normal" is a subtle nod to Yuu's denial that the things she did for Touko in Bloom Into You were any indication that she liked her and that she was just doing what anyone would do... it was "normal". I absolutely LOVE the part at the end of chapter 8 though, where she nearly slips up and then says that "last year she wasn't normal"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I appreciate that the MC doesn't give a single f*ck about conventions and just straight up knows her friend is in love with her and perceives her every cue and mercilessly points it out. Dense MCs get wrecked, this is a real protagonist (and it's a gag manga too).
Also uh... doesn't this require a tsundere tag? I can't really find any other explanation for why her friend is so insistent in being in denial.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 6:48PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

BugDevil, she's 100% dere, 0% tsun. Just she tries (stil in full dere mode) to deny it. I think it would rather need a "transparent closet" or "suspiciously specific denial" tag.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

BugDevil, she's 100% dere, 0% tsun. Just she tries (stil in full dere mode) to deny it. I think it would rather need a "transparent closet" or "suspiciously specific denial" tag.

I have no ideas what a kuudere is, but I've seen people ealier in this forum mention that she's attempting to look like one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I have no ideas what a kuudere is, but I've seen people ealier in this forum mention that she's attempting to look like one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

A kuudere is what Shiho from Tsuki no Suppin is. It's a person who don't really show emotions no matter what happen.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sounds like a mild tsundere to me. Being in denial, sometimes aggressively or while pouting, about being in love with her crush, while showing her cute side in specific moments. Tsundere is hot-cold after all.
The other reason might be that she is in the closet out of fear for MC's reaction, but... MC seems pretty frank and direct about it. She doesn't mind.

Tsundere = Hot-cold. Can be nice in one moment and then harsh or violent in the next out of embarrassment. They can't deal with their emotions well. When written badly they just look bipolar due to that. They show their tsun and their dere to their partner.

Kuudere = Ice-cold. Always seems emotionless or unaffected, doesn't really show affection at all. But has her cute moments irregardless of her crush's influence. Might be nice to the crush sometimes, but on her own terms.

Dandere = Lukewarm. Is quiet and introverted, but not actually cold. They just don't say much or display their emotions easily, but they are still able to be dere towards their crush. It just might go unnoticed.

Yandere = Knife.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 6:56PM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Jesus I didn't notice how abnormally MIDGET the totally-just-normal girl actually is until now.
I mean her head literally aligns with her crush's boobs! And the latter is a japanese school girl!
She has to be like 1.30 or something. Like, legitimately approaching actual dwarf height.

irregardless

This is not a word. ┻━┻ ︵ ¯_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

irregardless

This is not a word. ┻━┻ ︵ ¯_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

To reply you must either login or sign up.