Forum › Posts by Mochima

joined Mar 27, 2020

Gosh, gonna miss this series. I share Toda's mom opinion: Sequel when?

Tanaka saying they're just business partners and everyone else just knows that's bullshit. It's hilarious.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Those last few panels, goddamm. They kept experimenting together and it's amazing. Horny, wholesome and amazing.

Lowkey waiting for the toys chapter. With how horny and kinky they are, I'm surprised they haven't tried any...

joined Mar 27, 2020

Rejoice!

joined Mar 27, 2020

Toda dancing so happily gives me life.

Ngl the throwing up scenes worry me because I have no clue just what exactly Toda San is depicting in her stories. Like is what she's writing close to charactersnbeing sexually assaulted or am I missing something

It looks like there was consent initially, but was perhaps withdrawn partway through and the guy kept going anyways. Panel on page 2 has the guy pinning her down and she's saying "Stop." So yeah, rape seems to be on the money.

That said, I don't think it's the lack of consent that caused the reaction in Tanaka. Rape is prevalent in eromanga and as an editor I'm sure Tanaka has been exposed to that and worse stuff. It's just that she deeply cares for this character because it resonates with her. Vomiting is extreme, but having visceral reactions for fictional characters is not unheard of.

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 8:21AM

joined Mar 27, 2020

I wasn't expecting a fox. That's just so cool. I also like they create a registry with magic that plants memories in the people that read it. That's neat.

Is Miko also waiting for Hinako to "ripen"? I would think so, it doesn't make sense to me that a monster would defend her from other monsters just because. In which case, if this doesn't send Hinako even deeper into her suicidal depression, then I don't know what will.

Miko's fox form is badass

Monster girl harem let's goooo

If there's not a threesome next chapter, we riot.

last edited at Jul 25, 2021 7:16PM

joined Mar 27, 2020

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure you gave your dog an awesome life.

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jul 07:21
joined Mar 27, 2020

Serialization began last week. THere are already two chapters in Taiyaki's fanbox and 1 translated chapter on YuriHUB

Taiyaki: https://www.fanbox.cc/@tiyk66
YuriHUB: https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/posts/2524521

Basically you can subscribe for 500 yen/5 bucks a month on any of those profiles and you get access to all of Taiyaki's works, in Japanese on Taiyaki's profile and translated to English on YuriHUB

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 04 Jul 07:30
joined Mar 27, 2020

We have a date! Serialization will begin on July 18. YuriHub will do the official translation.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Shitty manga about shitty people doing shitty things to each other shittily.

(Quietly adds to favorites)

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 16 Jul 18:06
joined Mar 27, 2020

Taiyaki just updated her fanbox. I might have gotten this wrong, but it looks like she wants to re-do the manga. I'm not sure if it's a re-draw or if it will entail plot changes and such. But basically, she's not happy with her drawing. Her mentor said something along the lines of "The work is poorly drawn, but it has the power to make people want to read it and the story is very interesting. The author's drawing and expressiveness have improved considerably in the latter half, so [further improvements?] will depend on the author's future efforts.

I'm a little bummed out, but it's true that she's improved massively and the earlier chapters would benefit from her new talent. Ayako is kinda out of character in the first chapter, for example. So I'm eager to see what she can do with those earlier chapters now.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 6:19PM

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 10 Jul 21:11
joined Mar 27, 2020

Taiyaki just posted on her fanbox. My Japanese is terrible and it was a long post, but long story short (and I hope I got it right):

1) Things are finally settling down at her family's restaurant, so it's time for her to go back to the manga business. (Aw yisssss.)

2) She's excited because she joined a "school for manga artists" where she will be working as an assistant under an experienced mangaka who's familiar with the production industry. She's doing it because manga is not something that can be done by one person alone, at least not for periodical releases or long-running series without putting a lot of strain on your body. At one point, you have to divide the work among people. That's the purpose of publishers, who handle editing, sales, marketing, etc. But no publisher wants to take Taiyaki's work without radically changing the story (incest is not allowed anywhere, only in R18 magazines, but she doesn't know if the story is actually an R18). And because Taiyaki doesn't have experience in the traditional manga sphere, she is doing everything herself, including stuff that publishers usually do. This is why she struggles with keeping a regular schedule. By joining the school and studying for six months*, she hopes to be able to understand the manga production process and be able to successfully divide tasks among several people. (She's growing, guys :D)

3) She spoke about a re-editing of the earlier chapters, but no details were given.

*I didn't get if she would try to do a release or two in that period. If someone more skilled could take a look, that would be greatly appreciated. In any case, it's pretty exciting to know that she's able to live off her craft and she's gotten popular enough that she needs assistance. She tried to get a publisher, but of course, with the mother-daughter incest going on, no one wanted to touch it.

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 9:12PM

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 04 Apr 17:49
joined Mar 27, 2020

Asuka.....I love you.....

As a daughter

And as a lover who burns with sexual desire for you.

So... yeah...

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Make sure to call me "mama" when we are making hot lesbian incestuous whoopee! Okay?

Asuka:

MY GOD YES! PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!

last edited at Apr 4, 2020 5:49PM

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 04 Apr 10:53
joined Mar 27, 2020

I'm concerned over how Ayako was incredibly calm and collected when confessing to Asuka. I'd wager she's about to start the next statement with "...but." I think she'll try to distance herself, after all.

Yep, I so thought the same. It's just not possible for her to say: "Yes I love you, now my daughter, we should calmly head toward the bed and proceed scientifically to the logical outcome."

I can NOT fathom this.

You're right, I don't think this will end well, at least not short-term.

I just re-read this, and just noticed that Ayako's arms are crossed while admitting she loved Asuka. So, she's deadpan and exhibits a closed body language. She might have acknowledged she loves Asuka, but emotionally she's already put miles of distance between them. Now, if she'll also try to physically distance herself, that remains to be seen.

I can certainly see this being the case but I really hope shes just setting the tone for an important conversation they need to have about how to progress from this point on.

She was "closed" when she was curled up in a corner at Akira's place too. She didn't rush back because she was convinced what she feels/did is ok, she rushed back because running away would hurt Asuka. She probably doesn't even have a plan. It seems like she is now aware of her feelings, and has probably decided to confess, but she is still ashamed/anxious about it, so defensive body language is to be expected (Ayako isn't particularly open or expressive at the best of times).

I think it is likely heading for a talk, which could be very interesting, since Ayako has no previous experience with falling in love, and has only just realised her own feelings, it probably hasn't occurred to her yet that Asuka is feeling the same things she is. That revelation could have rather big implications for what "not hurting Asuka" means.

In the case of Akira, Ayako was curling up in shame. She didn't want to talk, she was processing the fact that she just tongue-wrestled her daughter into submission. Note that after an imaginary panel where she's taken into custody by the cops, she grabs Akira by the shoulders and begs her to take care of Asuka. She's not closed, she's shellshocked and panicking.

I think a better comparison would be chapter 6. Ayako was pretty forceful in initiating a talk, but started with the obvious "We need to talk. Can you spare a moment?"

If she just wants to talk calmly about this without rejecting Asuka's romantic feelings, I don't see why she would say "I love you" right off the bat.

asuka's probably gonna be all like "yeah duh that's natural for a mom" and ayako's probably gonna be like "fuck me right here right now with that ladle in your hand" and go in depth with her confession in the next chapter

i can't wait yall
Someone kidnap Taiyaki's editor and replace her with this woman!

Am I the only one that likes Asuka calling Ayako “Mom” or is it just me..

Well I'm not into it in and of itself, but I think that is the way it works in the story, and I like the unconventional angle in that. It is a really interesting place to be. Ayako loves being Asuka's mom, and Asuka loves Ayako being her mom; it isn't separate from their romantic feelings, it's woven together into a single thing. Asuka is the only person in the world for whom Ayako is "Mom" so for both of them the word is symbolic of their specialness to each other... I really don't think either of them will be pushing for Ayako's first name to replace it, especially not in the bedroom.

I'm hoping it goes a lot further than a word, and Taiyaki is going to dig deep on the layered emotional significance as their relationship evolves. Familiar/unfamiliar, maternal/erotic; a duality in everything they do together.

The only scenario I can see for using Ayako's name is if at some point in the future they are trying to "pass" as a normal couple... even then I think Asuka would probably just call her mom and pass it off as a joke about the age difference.

Beautiful summary. I don't think it's hot at all, but I think it's clear Asuka wants to be both Ayako's daughter and lover, so calling her mom would be the natural thing to do.

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 02 Apr 15:02
joined Mar 27, 2020

I'm concerned over how Ayako was incredibly calm and collected when confessing to Asuka. I'd wager she's about to start the next statement with "...but." I think she'll try to distance herself, after all.

Yep, I so thought the same. It's just not possible for her to say: "Yes I love you, now my daughter, we should calmly head toward the bed and proceed scientifically to the logical outcome."

I can NOT fathom this.

You're right, I don't think this will end well, at least not short-term.

I just re-read this, and just noticed that Ayako's arms are crossed while admitting she loved Asuka. So, she's deadpan and exhibits a closed body language. She might have acknowledged she loves Asuka, but emotionally she's already put miles of distance between them. Now, if she'll also try to physically distance herself, that remains to be seen.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 3:02PM

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 02 Apr 13:28
joined Mar 27, 2020

Ok, so now we know for sure this is Ayako's first love. And since she's denser than any black hole in existence, she didn't realize until Akira kissed her AND pointed out how different it felt.

Mochima posted:

I read the first chapter a few years ago when it came out and ran away in disgust. Now I'm here, after binging the entire series [...]

I'm making a habit of asking this question: what changed your mind about reading it again?

Very curious as well.

The sheer amount of comments implied that this series was either really good or a dumpster fire. And humans are attracted to fire, so here I am...

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 1:52PM

Mochima
1 x ½ discussion 28 Mar 18:28
joined Mar 27, 2020

I read the first chapter a few years ago when it came out and ran away in disgust. Now I'm here, after binging the entire series, re-reading it twice, reading all 100 pages of comments (yes, even those saying Ayako had drugged Asuka and molested her), supporting the author on Pixiv and buying all the issues on Amazon. God damn… Taiyaki is a goddess. I had never seen such a beautifully built trainwreck of a relationship.

Okay, let's start with the obvious. Ayako needs therapy ASAP. It's obvious that she can function as a productive member of the working class, but in the affective realm she has the maturity of a child. I believe the reason is that Ayako may be autistic and had a horrible childhood. Maybe I'm projecting here, I'm autistic myself and also a survivor of child abuse from 6 to 13 years of age. The first few pages of Chapter 15 describe my own experience and inability to understand my own emotions so well that it's uncanny.

However, I don't think the author will take it that way. Therapy tends to be an unsatisfying way to resolve an inner conflict in fiction.

So, here are my thoughts:

About the strange predisposition Atsushi talked about in Chapter 16, I think it might be 'indifference' on a massive scale. Ayako was known to be uninterested in other people and to be unable to smile. Try talking to someone that's physically there, but doesn't smile, just stares at you or gazes somewhere off. It's unnerving. I can see how it would be difficult for a person who's basically expressionless to live day to day. By pairing with someone as confident as Atsushi, it could somewhat alleviate some of the issues. The reason why Ayako married Atsushi was to have a family, which is something she desperately wanted. (This is purely speculation, of course.)

Through Akira's kiss, Ayako will realize she feels absolutely nothing of the rush of feelings and arousal she feels with Asuka, which will confirm that she is in fact head over heels for her daughter. It seems strange that someone her age would've missed the signs being thrown at her in every direction, but I think this is the first time Ayako has been in love. Some readers have theorized she's a closeted lesbian. I don't think that's the case. I think she's demisexual, someone who only feels sexual attraction after forming a deep emotional connection. And let's remember that Ayako doesn't seem to have much of a history forming deep emotional connections… The only confirmed case is, in fact, her daughter.

I hope they don't go all the way immediately after this revelation. I want them to be together, but for the right reasons. I suspect Ayako holds an immense amount of self-loathing and guilt. Notice that she blamed herself for Asuka falling in love with her, and before running off to Akira's she remembered scenes of the blissful times she spent with Asuka only to then think "In the end, for someone like me, wanting to be a family with someone was just a long dream." The poor woman thinks that she doesn't deserve a family… That's heartbreaking.

joined Mar 27, 2020

"Last year, I wasn't in lo... Just normal"
Speech 100, legendary save right there