Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

I love this couple and all... But the miscommunication has gone on for too long TT
Have a gender reveal party or something

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

After reading so many comments complaining about the secret still being a secret after only 4 chapters, i can't help but feel that next chapter someone would see Kanda at the mall and will call out to her and ask her why she's lovey dovey with another girl.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

Im starting to worry about their relationsahip.. whats gonna happen if she finally found out that kandagawa is actually a girl ?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Filonaa:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/532591

Is this some kind of spam/advertising??

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I don't dislike this series as much as some people around here but, this is a kind of premise that can only get stretched so far. I give it maybe 6, 8 chapters tops before the irritation really starts to overwhelm the cuteness.

It's not that i dislike it, but that i'm impatient about the reveal lol. Misunderstandings frustrate me endlessly, both irl and in fiction, so this series is having me constantly on edge cause a voice in my head keeps screeching "JUST TELL HER ALREADY, TALK, COMMUNICATE, AAAHHHH THE LONGER THIS GOES ON-" and here I am just trying to enjoy some yuri...
I hope this doesn't become a 15 chapter thing though or I'll go insane.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Staaaaarting to get worried that the author might intend the misunderstanding to be the hook for the whole series, and I'm on board with the rest of you, that doesn't work. If Kanda doesn't either fess up or at least start trying to figure out how to fess up soon...It's really hard to get invested in a relationship that is entirely built on dishonesty.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yeah, I'm also on the "I hope this misunderstanding is handled soon" side. I'll probably keep reading in the hopes that it is, but if it takes 10-15 chapters for it to do that, I'll be super disappointed.

I'm not very hopeful though. It looks like Kanda is no longer interested in exposing the secret and is instead actively working against her secret being exposed now.

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 4:23AM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Fuck shopping time. Fuck capitalism. Shopping for clothes is a fucking pain, don't lump gender into this shit.

The pacing kills me. This suspense is the equivalent of watching paint dry. It's only a few chapters in, but the gimmick feels very unbearable already. There is just something about clueless sheltered types that absolutely rubs me in the worst ways possible. I actually give certain yanderes more pass than the mc. Although the one from Happy Sugar Life is still an absolute nope.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Fuck capitalism.

Heya, comrade!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This isn't even a misunderstanding anymore at this point it's just Kanda being a liar and stringing Ookuma along. She's had multiple outs that she's just bolted right past.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... I feel like I'm the only here who still comprehends that the obvious comedic nature of the plot seriously undermines any "the misunderstanding going on for so long is unrealistic" criticisms. Honestly, there have been manga where such a misunderstanding went on for much longer without that being a major complaint.

joined Feb 23, 2016

... I feel like I'm the only here who still comprehends that the obvious comedic nature of the plot seriously undermines any "the misunderstanding going on for so long is unrealistic" criticisms. Honestly, there have been manga where such a misunderstanding went on for much longer without that being a major complaint.

Exactly! (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

I have seen other shows and manga that does this... and it doesn’t even get any bull..
and the PE stuff someone said earlier... they are in the university. They don’t need to do any psysichal While in the Uni. Of course there are activities and clubs, but it doesn’t seem like they are in any.. so they don’t get to see each others body.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But there is no point of having a misundertsanding here after Kanda asked if Ooguma will be freak out if she was a girl and Ooguma say no. Kanda had literraly no excuse to not reveal her gender to Ooguma beside her own cowardice. I could enjoy if the "how would she react if she know i'm a girl" was a valid reason but it isn't. Ooguma said she will be ok even if Kanda is a girl so what's the point ? Mochi's storytelling is not that great and we see it here again. Mochi blow up the only cover Kanda had and so thing like that feel stupid. Ooguma is ok with Kanda being girl, why Kanda is so afraid with that now ? That make 0 sense at all. At least Majoccoid's art is nice.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I want the misunderstanding to go on for a long time, because it is funny like someone mentioned above. It's a comedic element.
Also this is the core of the story. Take that out and what's there left in this story?
This also seems to be a cross dressing related story, so I wonder how long people will keep complaining about it.

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 10:09AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

so I wonder how long people will keep complaining about it.

The misunderstanding ? Till it's reveal. Like i said there is no point of having the misundertsanding when Ooguma doesn't care about Kenda's gender to begin with. The whole thing was broken as soon as this point was out of the way, the gag is forced for seemingly no reason. Kanda just repeating to herqself she is a girl and being embarrased that Ooguma found out she is a girl is not very laughable to me because there is no reason for it to happen. Just because it's comedy doesn't mean it can't be bad. I mean, good for you if you find it funny but you can't deny it's stupid at this point.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I just don't think it's that comedic honestly. I would enjoy more seeing the emotional impact it's having on Kanda, having to pretend to be a guy. That's the shit that'd be interesting to me, in a story about gender. Maybe I have difficulty finding "actually someone's not the gender everyone assumes they are" funny due to my personal experience there.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I just don't think it's that comedic honestly. I would enjoy more seeing the emotional impact it's having on Kanda, having to pretend to be a guy. That's the shit that'd be interesting to me, in a story about gender. Maybe I have difficulty finding "actually someone's not the gender everyone assumes they are" funny due to my personal experience there.

Yea it's not just comedy. I'm also interested on the fact that Kanda feels more comfortable pretending to be a guy in order to date a girl freely.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I think Kanda might secretly be really into Ooguma and can't bring herself to clear up the misunderstanding because of that.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I’m reading it solidly because art is nice and smooth. But story is so contrived. It’s not like there can't be story with this kind of gimmick, but here it become tiresome after chapter 2. Ok, ok I get that one girl is blinded and other is coward for no reason, move forward with this, please.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I think Kanda might secretly be really into Ooguma and can't bring herself to clear up the misunderstanding because of that.

Secretly?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Secretly?

I think it’s very obvious that she likes her, if she had no feelings for her or whatsoever she would yeet her.. and move on with her life, but once again this is a manga xD so let’s see what happens( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

so I wonder how long people will keep complaining about it.

The misunderstanding ? Till it's reveal. Like i said there is no point of having the misundertsanding when Ooguma doesn't care about Kenda's gender to begin with. The whole thing was broken as soon as this point was out of the way, the gag is forced for seemingly no reason. Kanda just repeating to herqself she is a girl and being embarrased that Ooguma found out she is a girl is not very laughable to me because there is no reason for it to happen. Just because it's comedy doesn't mean it can't be bad. I mean, good for you if you find it funny but you can't deny it's stupid at this point.

It just seems you want the story to be about something it's not. It's clearly about silly worries and misunderstandings. Also, just because Ooguma would be ok with a girl, it's not reasonable to think Kanda revealing to be one after all of this would be no big deal. I'm not a fan of drawn out misunderstandings myself, but it's only been 4 chapters that, frankly, aren't that long. "Undeniably stupid" is still very debatable at this point, no matter how angry you are about it.

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 2:59PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also, just because Ooguma would be ok with a girl, it's not reasonable to think Kanda revealing to be one after all of this would be no big deal.

But it's no big deal for the "being a girl part", the only big deal is the fact that Kanda lie about it for so long. If Ooguma say it's no biggie if Kanda is a girl then where is the problem ? I guess there is the still the 2 girls as couple factor but that something you should think at a couple not alone while lying about your gender. 4 chapters wouldn't been that long without the "is that a problem if i'm a girl ?" question.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I’m reading it solidly because art is nice and smooth. But story is so contrived. It’s not like there can't be story with this kind of gimmick, but here it become tiresome after chapter 2. Ok, ok I get that one girl is blinded and other is coward for no reason, move forward with this, please.

That's just how Mochi stories work. They're always pretty nonsensical and poorly written.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this series move forward from its premise and actually do so in an enjoyable way, but I'm not holding my breath.

To reply you must either login or sign up.