Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

On an another note i'm curious about Naru. Kanda said dude while talking about Naru and ask it to go out because she gonna change so i'm wondering if Naru is actually a crossdresser […]

In the raw, that bubble has no address at all, neither gendered nor ungendered. It says “Kimoi wa”, so basically “That’s gross”. “Gross, dude” is just the translator’s flavoring.

I’m suspecting Naru to be a crossdresser too, though, since their hands have extra lines that make them look more masculine compared to Kanda and Oomura’s hands.

Naru uses "boku" to say "I" and when someone who isn't tomboyish (more like ultrafeminine) uses "boku" you can safely bet on "crossdressing guy."

Also, "Get out of the room! I need to get dressed!" is a clinch.

Alternate title: Useless Lesbian Thinks She Doesn't Have the Right to be Happy Due to Internalized Homophobia.

This is a real world problem.
In fact, it's such a common, widespread real world problem, one really wonders why some peepz claim it's not realistic when they find it in a manga...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is becoming almost as fluffy as more than friends

joined Dec 12, 2019

Due the progression of their “lesbian awakening” I’ll give it another 3 chapters for the big gender reveal, I hope our thirst will be quenched by then.
On another note, anyone noticed the characters cute outfits?!?! It exemplifies their personality in my opinion.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Due the progression of their “lesbian awakening” I’ll give it another 3 chapters for the big gender reveal, I hope our thirst will be quenched by then.
On another note, anyone noticed the characters cute outfits?!?! It exemplifies their personality in my opinion.

Hopefully Kanda's thirst will be quenched by then too.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Alternate title: Useless Lesbian Thinks She Doesn't Have the Right to be Happy Due to Internalized Homophobia.

This is a real world problem.
In fact, it's such a common, widespread real world problem, one really wonders why some peepz claim it's not realistic when they find it in a manga...

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Everyone be talking about nicknames for their female friends

Just call everyone "bud"

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

Kanda in ch. 2: I have to break up with her before she gets to attached.
Kanda in ch. 3: I have to get her to love me so much, that see won’t care that I’m a girl

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 11:15AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

"But we are both girls..."

The longer this scam lasts, the harder it will be when it all blows up.

If the plot actually went there, it'd probably be interesting. But we're all sitting here, knowing that at worst there'll be a chapter of insecurity or so. That's why this drama is annoying; it'll never go anywhere. It's just a gimmick.

As annoying as the current gimmick is, it could still be worse. Imagine if the author had no intention of actually ending said gimmick, and this just dragged on and on and on and on.

joined Dec 5, 2019

I predict a lot of drama going when Ookuma's parents discover this, I think it would be interesting too, we usually have the super supportive parents going on or it's never adressed at all and I don't remember reading many stories that get into the family drama part of coming out (if you know some please link it to me please).

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I diagnose you with the gay Kanda.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

As cute as both the characters and the art is, the longer the idea that Ookuma doesn't realize that Kanda is a girl or that Kanda doesn't slip becomes more and more unbelievable. And that is irritating me a little.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I know people aren't a fan and think it's too unrealistic and whatever, but I still like it. It's yuri 95% of the manga have stupid unreasonable plots. This might be a bit worse in that department than average but it's cute as fuck and the art and characters are pretty and nice. Also, my prediction is that she finds out she has a gf not a bf in the next few chapters, but that's not the end, and it's something about her family and their overprotectiveness that they have to get over. Maybe before that something with the friend who wanted boys who could crossdress.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Does someone knows if we're getting a new chapter this month?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Looking for realism in a yuri story. Well, let's start from the most basic then. Gigantic boobs. Not only they are extremely unrealistic, but they also make the girls look like cows ready to get milked.

Also I'm surprised so many people are bothered by this trope and let other shitty stories slip away.

joined Jun 30, 2015

That "I'm a girl though" reminds me of Steins;Gate

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

God I really enjoy these two and their dynamics but... I hope they resolve the "actually a girl" thing soon and keep going. I feel like, while currently that's the entire mechanic of the manga, it could resolve into like, stuff about her parents being overprotective or something, and I'd just like things to continue along.

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

I don't dislike this series as much as some people around here but, this is a kind of premise that can only get stretched so far. I give it maybe 6, 8 chapters tops before the irritation really starts to overwhelm the cuteness.

joined Jan 17, 2020

I can see where people are coming from with the criticisms, but I personally will take cute Yuri stuff in any form, the plot doesn't matter all that much to me if it's just two cute girls doing cute Yuri stuff, so I for one am thoroughly pleased by this manga so far

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I have a feeling someone is going to expose their secret accidentally.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Notably I like this manga and the premise, my comment was critical because I hope it will continue to grow, but I do enjoy the premise. Anything dealing with gender mechanics that isn't shitty about them can be a good trip, since I have a lot of weird experiences and feelings about gender.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I have a feeling someone is going to expose their secret accidentally.

I prefer it to be intentional, that way the next chapter can get the “exhibitionism” tag.

This manga reminds me of “Boys Don’t Cry” movie. The humor is starting to get thin, may the story’s plot get moving, please.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

It's cute and all but it feels like I'm reading a het manga at this point.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Aww I missed these two. I'm happy to see more of their shenanigans. I like the story so far, especially since I like seeing how "Kanda-kun" is gonna get out of this one. The only problem is the longer the ruse goes, the more hurt Ookuma will be for being lied to, which is ok because (refer to previous sentence)

joined Nov 14, 2014

I'm with Kanda in this. I'm also one of the types that does NOT have fun taking time for shopping clothes.

It's cute and all but it feels like I'm reading a het manga at this point.

Kinda yeah. I want her "secret" to be done with soon and see what happens after that. It's gone on long enough.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

honestly I'm also in the boat of REVEAL HER DAMN SECRET ALREADY. the gag can only go on so long. their relationship won't develop like this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.