Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Holy Crap, there actually was a fricking JoJo-Reference in this chapter?! I thought Sneik was just kinda kidding in the Twitter post lol.
That's it, this is and forever will be the most amazing Adashima-Chapter because of the speeen and the golden ratio!!

Jk, this was a very sweet chapter again, I really like how Adachi and Shimamura kinda act like in the beginning again with all the teasing and the jokes, it's really heart-warming. Also, Adachi really malfunctioned because of the forehead-thing lol.

The last chapter was a bit better (well, to me "Momentary Peace Is All I Need" was one of the best chapters so far, so that's not really a fair comparison, haha), but this one still made my day and just makes me want to see so much more of their weirdness and wholesomeness! Haa, they never fail to make me kinda happy.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Shimamura is truly Too Powerful as a top.

joined Oct 9, 2019

I know it was just a kiss on the forehead but it was super hot.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Anyone have any good recommendations for Yuri that you're reading atm ? Just finished vol 2 of the Sayaka light novels, Flowers part 1 visual novel, and caught up to Otome no Teikoku so I'm looking for something more to read.

king Leylard the second
Suichan%20ll99
joined Jun 27, 2020

The anime is going to have on automn anime.
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)(ˉ▽ ̄~)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anyone have any good recommendations for Yuri that you're reading atm ? Just finished vol 2 of the Sayaka light novels, Flowers part 1 visual novel, and caught up to Otome no Teikoku so I'm looking for something more to read.

Flowers part 2

joined Jul 1, 2018

Not explicit yuri but Nettaigyo wa Yuki Ni Kogareru is my favorite on going manga. It does a phenomenal job of exploring the emotional side of female relationships, The latest chapter we do get a confession from one of the characters, so this manga might be going the yuri route soon!

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Flowers part 2

While I will indeed play the 2nd game since I quite liked the first one, imma have to give it a bit of time lol, I'm not the best when it comes to VN's especially when they're a slow burn like the flowers series the first 2/3 of the game where super slow, I'm afraid I might just bail I I start the 2nd game now amd have to go through another slow start since I know that the main character will change and it'll probably be another slow burn until the end, can't believe fucking Mayuri left

Not explicit yuri but Nettaigyo wa Yuki Ni Kogareru is my favorite on going manga. It does a phenomenal job of exploring the emotional side of female relationships, The latest chapter we do get a confession from one of the characters, so this manga might be going the yuri route soon!

It's pretty good indeed I am reading that as well I myself was quite sad that it seemed like it would all be just subtext so wtf ? Really a confession ? From the main girls ? Holy fuck bro I need to get back on it then I'm like 7 chaps behind, I hope it's the main pair and not one of the side couples bro, holy shit I didn't think they'd actually go for it, I'm super glad they did lol, I checked the comments in mangadex like 3 weeks ago and everyone was just saying they were sure this won't go a Yuri route so this comes as a real, real surprise, if it goes nowhere imma be pissed.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 2:24PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's pretty good indeed I am reading that as well I myself was quite sad that it seemed like it would all be just subtext so wtf ? Really a confession ? From the main girls ? Holy fuck bro I need to get back on it then I'm like 7 chaps behind, I hope it's the main pair and not one of the side couples bro, holy shit I didn't think they'd actually go for it, I'm super glad they did lol, I checked the comments in mangadex like 3 weeks ago and everyone was just saying they were sure this won't go a Yuri route so this comes as a real, real surprise, if it goes nowhere imma be pissed.

If this is about chapter 28, just so you're not caught completely off guard, it's a subtext confession. Not explicit.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 10:22PM

joined Jul 1, 2018

If this is about chapter 28, just so you're not caught completely off guard, it's a subtext confession. Not explicit.

Yeah, it’s none of that fireworks and kisses confessions, but tbh wouldn’t be fitting for the manga either way, the implied confession seemed to be the best route

joined Aug 19, 2019

"Wait, it's all jojo?"
"Always has been"

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

"Wait, it's all jojo?"
"Always has been"

Best comment of the week goes to you.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"You thought it was a new AdaShima chapter...."

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Can't wait for Nagafuji to steal Adachi's first kiss only to have Adachi clean her mouth with mud.

And then Adachi murders her.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

No no, we all know its gonna be Yashiro smoochin' Shimamura and Adachi launching into literal orbit from the size of the explosion as her head melts down from it lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No no, we all know its gonna be Yashiro smoochin' Shimamura and Adachi launching into literal orbit from the size of the explosion as her head melts down from it lol

Wait, if her head explodes, wouldn't she be launched into the ground instead?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Sakura Trick should've taught you not to apply physics to lesbians.

joined Jun 12, 2015

My Editor asked me to "write something like Yuru Yuri," and this is what I wrote. Though, thinking about it now, there might have been one letter wrong in the title of the manga I used as reference.

And that's a good thing. Otherwise, I would skip this light novel.

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 12:34PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Deep Shimamura is so, so, so good.......

Cash Money Franz
Asdfasdasdfsdfsdf
joined Jan 13, 2020

When you expect akward fluff but get Coelho instead.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

AH I LOVE this series, it’s got all my favorite stuff, awkward slow burn lesbians and ALL THE INTROSPECTIVENESS! I have a feeling I’m going to be thinking about the recent symbolism chapters for a while.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sakura Trick should've taught you not to apply physics to lesbians.

A fair point. :D

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I didn't expect the office ladies AU would continue, now I kinda want to see it as its own spinoff.

And in the end-of-the-world AU, I pictured Shimamura as Yuuri and Adachi as Chito.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

Hmm, yeah. I don't really know a good solution to that. The main reason why I started doing it this way is because in the next chapter, the spreads are all messed up and wouldn't work with the previous method (wrong aspect ratio). Oh, and thanks for pointing out the toc issue, I completely forgot about that. Should be fixed now.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I was expecting Shima being bother by Adachi's possesiveness. Now to know what she is gonna do about it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.