Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Oct 5, 2016

I mean if Adachi was 21 or something her jealousy could be a real issue

But they're both just kids and just started dating for the first time, they don't know wtf they're doing, they're learning.

Shimamura's learning to be more pro-active and open about her feelings, to hold up her end of the relationship.
And Adachi's gonna learn to trust Shimamura and not feel so jealous all the time.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yeah like even in this chapter, I can see a fairly clear path where Adachi can learn to loosen up a lot just through learning through experience that Shimamura actually likes her and isn't going to suddenly disappear and abandon her the moment Adachi takes her eyes off her.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

ShimaMom just walking past the door to see AdaShima just holding hands and smiling at each other and suddenly taking an intense interest in Adachi was fantastic

You could basically hear the quote marks in ShimaMom's voice every time she called Adachi your """Friend"""

Plus this is only shortly after Shimamura got all dressed up and pretty for her trip to a festival with a """Friend""" which mom helped her with.

Yeah, I'm pretty freaking sure she knows exactly what's going on.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Maybe I've been reading too many SoL dramas but the last few paragraphs felt kind of ominous to me.

Eh, I mean, on one hand, I definitely get the impression that Adachi was saying "I love you" because she was hoping to hear it echoed back.

On the other hand, they were snuggled up and feeding each other.

I mean, I have no doubt there's gonna be plenty of drama down the road, but I think "ominous" is overstating it.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

But they're both just kids and just started dating for the first time, they don't know wtf they're doing, they're learning.

Shimamura's learning to be more pro-active and open about her feelings, to hold up her end of the relationship.
And Adachi's gonna learn to trust Shimamura and not feel so jealous all the time.

16-17 just kids ? I don't know about that bro.

As I said myself yeah I don't think Adachi's jealousy atm is anything overly serious since it's her first time bonding with someone and she doesn't know how to handle it and what the "limits" are I guess especially now that they're lovers, but i'd say she was pretty lucky to meet someone like Shima that's pretty cool with all that and atm is being very accommodating since she knows what Adachi has been through but I feel most people wouldn't be able to deal with that.

I'm 23 so 16-17 doesn't feel that long ago lol so just calling them kids feels weird I had already experienced quite a bit by that point myself but I get that everyone lives their own life and both characters here are very inexperienced, idk why that statement bothered me, sure they're gonna change but at that age they're mostly already their own persons they'll change but not that much, I do agree with everything else you said I did say the same myself, they're both just weird and in Adachis case very inexperienced about dealing with people and social boundaries, they both need confidence in themselves, their relationship and being able to strike a balance between their relationship and others, Adachi especially just needs more time with Shima it really feels like a kid finally getting the love they've been looking for and wanting to monopolize it for themselves but it's a grown teen doing it and again not everyone could take that, if that's not a sign of Shima's love idk what is.

Also I'm pretty sure the mom is not onto them.

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 11:38PM

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

Adachi was particularly insane this chapter, we've always known it but that outburst about what cheating is to her .....

In my opinion, this chapter show her insecurity from Shimamura's POV. For Adachi, it's the first time she felt affection toward her in her entire life. So, she doesn't want to lose that affection that Shimamura gave to her. That's why she put overly extra effort to make lunch box for Shimamura. And that's why she is afraid of "cheating to her" when Shimamura talked with Hino and Nagafuji. She lacked confidence in herself that she is overly afraid that someone would take Shimamura from her.

Adachi needs are... more complicated. She needs external things like love, patience, structure (as to not let her get her way every time she gets emotional whilst the other person also has patience and understands that recovery and self improvement is a journey) and time.

The good thing is that Shimamura could read Adachi like she's reading Adachi's POV from this series and do what is necessary. That's why Shimamura is perfect girlfriend for Adachi.. The only thing she asked from Adachi is what's necessary for improving their relationship. To have confidence in herself. If Adachi has confidence in herself, most of her insecurities would be gone.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 12:57AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

16-17 just kids ? I don't know about that bro.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha They're babies, and if you think they're not, so are you.

I'm 23

Confirmed smol baby child.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Being 16 never feels young when you're 16, or remembering being 16.

Then you hang out with some 16 year olds and you're like, holy shit, they're so young!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

shimamura: talks with any girl
adachi: STOP CHEATING ON ME YOU BASTARD

LMAO I dunno how to react

To try and not ramble, cause I just love this so much. Shimamura is godlike this chapter at handling Adachi's jealousy whether it was by pinching her cheeks to clam her down or kissing her on the forehead to reassure her, all while on the phone with Tarumi, total boss move btw, totally showing her love to her, that, that's just for her. And this being the very first serious relationship for the both of them, that isn't just a serious friendship, but beyond that, since they've been apathetic towards 'em, I wouldn't expect anything less than "insane" (I'd rather say intense tho' in Adachi's case as seen previously) emotions or lack of. Now having someone they can both try and actually be themselves with, they're experiencing things that are quite foreign to them, that they don't know how to quite name and go about. But watching them be able to talk to eachother more straightforwardly than before, is really nice and I think shows that they'll be able to give eachother the talks of confidence they both need for this(least, certainly on Shimamura's side, with the chapter title and the last page, the girl is ready). Can't wait to see how Adachi will deal with all these sky rocketing emotions and how she'll reassure her girlfriend.

Lmao tho' the amount of times the word girlfriend was said this chapter was just great.
Again thanks so much the team for this marvelous chapter. Like that one person said a page ago: I'm glad I'm alive.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Adachi does need to tone down the jealousy a bit, but it's not like I don't understand where she's coming from. Especially since until just recently, she was the only one making an effort to get closer. She doesn't have the luxury of seeing Shimamura's POV.
Thankfully, Shimamura's being an absolute legend in reassuring her, even as she's still worrying about how she should handle it.

I'm really happy about all this updates but I'm sad at the same time the closer we get to volume 8 the close we get to no more chapters ..... Any news on volume 9?

It is indeed confirmed for this summer. I haven't seen any specific news, but according to speculation in the JP fandom, apparently it's likely to come out mid-July.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I'm 23

I mean I also don't know about that one, Im an engineer, I have a wife, I have a house, I pay taxes, I'd say I'm doing my best, but welp guess you just need to be old to count as an adult, I'm not salty or anything just saying age is not the only indicator of maturity.

Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that by 17 part of your core personality is already formed, sure you change a quite a bit in your years in college (if you even go there) or get a job or whatever, till you're like 25 maybe? but I'd say no one goes through a radical change by that point unless some extraordinary circumstances happen, no matter what Adachi is still gonna be an introvert and Shima is gonna continue to like sleeping.

Sure they're both changing quite a bit in their own way now with Adachi finally having someone she loves/depends on for the first time in her life and just barely getting to know what it means to keep a relationship so maybe she will change the most, but her weirdo persona is not going away, Shima has stated several times that she wants to change and be a more ... Outgoing person I guess? And someone that can be kinder and more understanding, also finding a meaningful relationship herself as she has stated she's scared of being alone but with her it's more of a personal and conscious decision while Adachi is just developing her people skills for the first time, but I'd have to agree with Shima in that maybe it's too late already and there will not be a big magical change in her, they're both mostly gonna stay who they are now I'd guess.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 4:12PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I'm 23

I mean I also don't know about that one, Im an engineer, I have a wife, I have a house, I pay taxes, I'd say my life is as put together as any adults, but welp guess you just need to be old to count as an adult, I'm not salty or anything just saying age is not exactly an indicator of maturity.

Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that by 17 part of your core personality is already formed, sure you change a quite a bit in your years in college (if you even go there) or get a job or whatever, till you're like 25 maybe? but I'd say no one goes through a radical change by that point unless some extraordinary circumstances happen, no matter what Adachi is still gonna be an introvert and Shima is gonna continue to like sleeping.

Sure they're both changing quite a bit in their own way now with Adachi finally having someone she loves/depends on for the first time in her life and just barely getting to know what it means to keep a relationship so maybe she will change the most, but her weirdo persona is not going away, Shima has stated several times that she wants to change and be a more ... Outgoing person I guess? And someone that can be kinder and more understanding, also finding a meaningful relationship herself as she has stated she's scared of being alone but with her it's more of a personal and conscious decision while Adachi is just developing her people skills for the first time, but I'd have to agree with Shima in that maybe it's too late already and there will not be a big magical change in her, they're both mostly gonna stay who they are now I'd guess.

lol trust us when we say this, and you'll chuckle at yourself for thinking this way once you're 30+, you (and them) are indeed still just kids. having a job/being married/buying a house is no indication whatsoever on maturity. look at those child youtubers like unspeakable. they are "adults" but i have never seen a bigger man child than him and all the other youtubers like him. yet he has a "job," a house, and the other youtuber like him, preston, is married with same thing, and they are DEFINITELY still children.

it is not to belittle you, because you sound quite well together, but yes you are still quite young.

edit: and this is speaking from my own experience. i have always been much more mature for my age, but being almost 34, i can really see a difference between now and the 17 yr old me. and i'm sure in another 10 years i'll see a diff from the me now and the future me.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 4:06PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

mfw Teenager is not a thing and human goes from kid to adult without transition.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

lol trust us when we say this, and you'll chuckle at yourself for thinking this way once you're 30+, you (and them) are indeed still just kids. having a job/being married/buying a house is no indication whatsoever on maturity. look at those child youtubers like unspeakable. they are "adults" but i have never seen a bigger man child than him and all the other youtubers like him. yet he has a "job," a house, and the other youtuber like him, preston, is married with same thing, and they are DEFINITELY still children.

it is not to belittle you, because you sound quite well together, but yes you are still quite young.

edit: and this is speaking from my own experience. i have always been much more mature for my age, but being almost 34, i can really see a difference between now and the 17 yr old me. and i'm sure in another 10 years i'll see a diff from the me now and the future me.

Nah I do get it I guess even I can see how I've changed from the me 5 years ago and I know that you guys are just saying it from experience I don't feel offended in any way don't worry about that, I know that we're all constantly learning and changing, well if you care about living a good life I guess you try and always improve.

But well at heart I'm still kind of the same sarcastic bastard that I was back then I just learned to tone it down a bit and all I'm saying is that Shima and Adachi are like that, they're already their own person and they won't be making very radical changes.

Sigh Im at that age were I want to prove teens are right cuz I was one not that long ago but that just makes me come off as still being a bit childish myself I guess lol, no matter what I have accomplished, guess you're right there.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Where can I download the PDF of all the translated volumes at the moment?? I love this series so much I wanna share it with my friends!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Where can I download the PDF of all the translated volumes at the moment?? I love this series so much I wanna share it with my friends!

https://sneikkimies.github.io/

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Wow, look at all this discussion for this chapter. I knew it would stir up some opinions, it was truly worthy of my Disney Villain QC Cackling, haha

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 9:03PM

Av
joined May 25, 2015

She'd found the place where she belonged right between my legs.

Oh my...

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Oh my...

When will they literally do this? Lol
I'll leave it to my imagination for now.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh my...

Yanno, I thought the same thing when I first read that. Then "oh.... people on Dynasty are going to have Things To Say About That, aren't they?" LOL

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Oh my...

Do you think the series will ever explore that ? I highly, Highly doubt it, but I'd be nice, for science purposes of course.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh my...

Do you think the series will ever explore that ? I highly, Highly doubt it, but I'd be nice, for science purposes of course.

It's a natural progression of their relationship, so I'm sure it'll (tastefully) get there eventually, although at the pace these two are going, it'll still be quite a while.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh for sure. Adachi is overwhelmed by forehead kisses, ain't anything major happening for a looooong time lol

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

This might be somewhat old news, but I found a really cool interview about both AdaShima and Bloom into You.

https://wolfhonyaku.wordpress.com/2019/11/11/column-special-feature-bloom-into-you-x-adachi-to-shimamura-a-conversation-with-nakatani-nio-iruma-hitoma-and-yuzuhara-moke-translation

They mention volume 8 but there aren't any spoilers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.