Forum › Posts by nalm

joined Aug 19, 2019

Isn't it interesting how middle school Adashima never met each other, in one of these parallel universe short stories (re: v7)? Curious on what would happen if they met in such a setting, especially after seeing what Shimamura was like at that time.

About Adachi and her family, Adachi has already said that it's too late to mend her relationship with her mother (in v6 iirc). As some of you wrote here, just because it's a flash forward chapter, it doesn't mean Adachi would've solved all of her problems.

What I would like to see is for Adachi to stop blaming herself about her family being this dysfunctional, believing that her mother hates her, and other stuff that is stated in v9 that I won't mention here due to spoilers
Also, I don't think -and correct me if I'm wrong-
Adachi ever said anything that would suggest hating her family

And I have to say, v9 feels lonely without chapter illustrations.
(I won't sleep at night until I know what outfit Shimamura thought of for Adachi for Christmas)

joined Aug 19, 2019

I just want to clarify something in case it wasn't clear. The volume cover they chose is a reused promotional anime artwork.

What I find weird is that Dengeki was aware of Non's departure for over a year now. You'd think they would've already found a new illustrator. I mean, they could've asked Moke since she already works in the magazine. Moke is an illustrator before she was a mangaka.

But all of this could be for anime promotional reasons and they'll find a new illustrator in future volumes.

Also I wonder if the chapter illustrations will use different artists. That would be interesting.

joined Aug 19, 2019

It turns out the rumors were true. Non will no longer illustrate for Adashima. This news was confirmed by Iruma's blogpost few days ago and today by Dengeki Bunko.

This is the cover of volume 9: https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1303247738864193536?s=19

Volume 9 and Volume 2 (Moke ver.) will be released in October 10th.

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 4:49PM

joined Aug 19, 2019

Who are your guesses for the new illustrator?
I see people suggesting Yukiko Horiguchi (Shiromizakana) because of the similar styles.

I personally think hidari would be a good choice and he worked many times with Iruma.

joined Aug 19, 2019

The source is from dengeki bunko: https://imgur.com/a/VgSLuzt (I highlighted in yellow). About Non, the speculations come from that it was stated that she was the original character designer abd only that. Whereas, in previous volumes it used to say "illustrator: Non"

joined Aug 19, 2019

It's confirmed that volume 9 will be released in October.
....but there are speculations that Non will no longer illustrate for the Adashima LNs. I was expecting this news since Non quitted drawing cute girls, but still I'm very sad about the news if it turns out true.

joined Aug 19, 2019

I can never forget how surprised I was when volume 8 opened with 27-year old adashima. Whatever doubts I had for their relationship after volume 7 were gone.
I remember people making their own version of Adachi's ketchup udon on twitter lol.

While volume 7 was about fate, volume 8 is about the future/moving forward. I think it's understandable why some readers here are weirded out by the first chapter. However, this chapter is not random or just a "brief look on future adashima", as clearly hinted by the last few pages of the chapter.
Another thing is, I hope readers keep in mind that this is being translated mostly chapter by chapter and not the whole volume so please don't jump into conclusions about the volume just from reading the first chapter or the chapter list.

Also... Why is no one talking about how Adachi is smiling on the cover?? They both look calm and comfortable together.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Raising the expectation bars? ;D

All I can say is that Non slighlty changed her art style in volume 8 and the illustrations are very beautiful.

joined Aug 19, 2019

After volume 7, the next volume was released after more than 2 and half years later. That was the most difficult time for Adashima fans; Mani's manga was canceled, Iruma-sensei rarely posted anything adashima related and it really felt like adashima was going to get cancelled anytime.
And then...

AND THEN

Iruma-sensei gave us volume 8. No spoilers of course, but it was the kind of volume that you didn't mind waiting for 10 years till the next book is released.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 2:55PM

joined Aug 19, 2019

"Wait, it's all jojo?"
"Always has been"

joined Aug 19, 2019

Yaaay vol. 4 cover is updated!
Adachi and Tarumi saw each other two times in this volume.

Volume 5 is my favorite. I'm both excited and nervous about it.
I hope no one reads the spoilers here especially about volume 8. It's filled with inaccuracies and missing information.

joined Aug 19, 2019

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

I can't remember if it was mentioned in volume 4. But I know that there's a short story about it on Iruma-sensei's blog

joined Aug 19, 2019

Shimamura discovered the joy of teasing Adachi haha
The lunch break partwith Adachi was hilarious. Everyone's looking at Adachi and Adachi only looked at Shimamura.

I wish Shimamura could think about her friendship with Adachi a little more and that she stops overlooking the "suspicious" behaviors she sees from Adachi..

joined Aug 19, 2019

Adachi has got the best opening lines ever!

The pet shop scene is one of the most scenes I'm looking forward to seeing it animated (if they ever get that far into the story).
I actually teared up when adachi said that she regretted her answer and attitude towards the library girl.. and that she thinks about it every now and then.
Adachi reading that passage from that book, becoming her defining moment was so good to read.

I love this chapter a lot. It's full emotions, worries, anxieties and motivations.
Hmmm.. now what will Adachi say to Shimamura.

joined Aug 19, 2019

I was wondering why no one has talked about the new chapter, but it turned it out it wasn't uploaded on here yet.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Why is the cover illustration looks different? It looks like a close up.

The first thing I think about whenever volume 4 is mentioned is the library girl. I wished for her reappearance after what happened in vol 5

joined Aug 19, 2019

P248, "We got to the second floor, and as I bought tickets from the machine there, I was reminded of Adachi.
I could more or less guess how she would react if she was to see me with another friend. And I didn’t want that to happen.
Not again."

Hm? "Not again"? I can only recall this happening when she was with Nagafuji, but Shimamura doesn't know Adachi saw them or how she felt. Did I miss or am forgetting something?

She's talking about when Adachi saw her walking with Nagafuji and Hino for the first time, aka Adachi's famous bridge fence scene. It's from the first chapter of the story.

joined Aug 19, 2019

I, must, resist, clicking, the, blacked-out, lines

Yeah don't.. especially because it has misinterpretations/misinformation due to people reading summaries of that part.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Wow I can't believe Shimamura proposed to Adachi!

I could never get bored of reading vol 3 it's just so much fun. If the anime is gonna be one cour I really hope they'll stop at this volume.

Shimamura's chapter was filled with instances of her thinking about Adachi or crossing her mind, even when she was with Tarumi. If only she wasn't scared of embracing her feelings.

Ahhhhhh for me it's from volume 4 where Adashima becomes anxiety-inducing

Thank you sneikkimies for the surprise releases! I can't wait for volume 4

joined Aug 19, 2019

This chapter was such a joy to read. My favorite part was Adachi watching the fortune telling program and the shaman.
Adachi didn't believe in god or fortune telling till around last month and now she's not so sure lol.

My heart breaks everytime when Adachi thinks that her efforts to close the distance between her and Shimamura probably means nothing to Shimamura.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Wait why are we spoiling their names now? Their names were going to be revealed this volume... I mean we've waited this long lol.

joined Aug 19, 2019

I find it funny how Adachi is so crazy about Shimamura but she still doesn't know her name.
Super excited for volume 3! This volume (and its cover) is one of my favorite.
Also yay for the first "today's Adachi" :D