Forum › Posts by sneikkimies

sneikkimies
Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018
Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

help me out guys I may be remembering things wrong but I think Adachi mentioned liking a boy once in a certain chapter?

You might be thinking of this line from chapter 6 of the 2nd volume (or page 16 of the 12th chapter of the manga):

I didn't remember the first person I'd felt love towards. It hadn't been someone of the same gender, though. At least, I felt like it hadn't been.

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 3:57PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Took a minute, but all the remaining chapters are finally up here. Volume 9 came out like an hour ago, so I'm now working on that.

As always, you can check https://sneikkimies.github.io/ for pdf/epub versions.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Snake will you also translate that volume ?

Yes

When is volume 9 out, anyway?

October 10th

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

Hmm, yeah. I don't really know a good solution to that. The main reason why I started doing it this way is because in the next chapter, the spreads are all messed up and wouldn't work with the previous method (wrong aspect ratio). Oh, and thanks for pointing out the toc issue, I completely forgot about that. Should be fixed now.

I know I've seen PDFs with some pages in different sizes, so it should be possible to create one with proper double width spreads , although I don't quite know whether it might need some more advanced publishing software... Might be possible to simply have these pages in landscape orientation with no or less white space and not quite as much smaller size, though . After some quick testing I've come to the conclusion that even MS Word can do this by simply setting a selection's paper size and orientation to the necessary settings.

Oh damn, you're actually right. I'm not sure why I always had this idea that with PDF, every page needs to have the same aspect ratio. Turns out that they don't. Thanks a bunch, seriously. I'll have a fixed version uploaded as soon as possible.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 2:48PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

Hmm, yeah. I don't really know a good solution to that. The main reason why I started doing it this way is because in the next chapter, the spreads are all messed up and wouldn't work with the previous method (wrong aspect ratio). Oh, and thanks for pointing out the toc issue, I completely forgot about that. Should be fixed now.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

"Adachi and Shimamura splashing about in the garden. It was a tough choice not going with the ocean or even a pool, but considering Shimamura's personality and how she'd rather stay at home... Yeah. Also, Adachi's looking pretty calm despite Shimamura wearing a swimsuit in front of her, huh?"

Something like that.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Where can I download the PDF of all the translated volumes at the moment?? I love this series so much I wanna share it with my friends!

https://sneikkimies.github.io/

Sneik or someone, please add this link to this page, so I can stop searching 'sneik' in my history every time new chapter is out.

Thanks for pointing this out. I made a request and it looks like it went through.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Did anyone get these references about Hino's and Nagafuji's given names?

They're from the game Live a Live. The other characters whose names are from that game are Sancho Pancho and Delos.

last edited at May 16, 2020 12:32PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Just you wait till you see what those three days without Shimamura have done to Adachi. My girl's acting more bold than ever.

Also, just to make sure I say it here as well, despite the situation with the other version, I am going to see this project to the end in one way or another.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Sorry for all the typos in the first chapter, I accidentally forgot to apply the changes from the proofreaders. Those will be fixed when the next chapter comes out.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

I need some more AdaShima in my life, I need my fix man.

I just finished the chapter actually, should be out in a day or two.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Are all of these works in the afterword written by him?

They are.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 5:06PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Will the author ever grace us with Shimamura imouto's actual name though?

Hopefully. To date he has not yet done so.

what i thought her name was shou

It's just what Yashiro calls her, "Shou" is kinda like "Junior" in Japanese.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

^
^

......probably just didn't read it correctly being so late at night

I was confused too at first, but when I read the part that they both exiting the gym and ran into Shimamura’s mother, I started to think that it was probably Shimamura’s mother who actually came at the gym too and pranked her daughter, swam from water behind her. And the scene that where Adachi described that there was an emotion that Shimamura showed help me believe that I’m maybe right. Adachi stated it as, “an expression that only showed to those closest to you” and she felt jealous. It was kind of relationship she’s been seeking after all. I’m maybe wrong, but that’s how I get that scene.

Oh crap, you're actually right. Reading it again, it is definitely Shimamura's mother. Frick, why do they always have to write these scenes to be so confusing... I'll try to have it updated before the chapter hits Dynasty. Thanks!

Edit: It's fixed for this release, feel free to ignore this message

last edited at Feb 21, 2020 7:43PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

I forgot to mention it when the chapter was released, but Kinka Bridge is actually a real place. Here's where it's located, in case anyone's curious: https://goo.gl/maps/QiJox2cEGPKHbYKY7

The next chapter is pretty long. I'm currently trying to have it out before the 20th.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

This may have come up before, haven't read through the comments wishing to avoid any and all spoilers, there was a line near the end of Vol.3 Ch.1 that I didn't understand the reference of and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me.

All in all, I was going to be spending a long time with her. A picture formed in my mind: Adachi, as the ****. But really, it was quite like her to want to exchange chocolates with a friend on Valentine's Day.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch01_2#40

Also I think I may have said this before but even if so, thanks a lot for the .epub release. Such a nice format to have to read it.

Right. That was a super confusing line in the Japanese too, and honestly, I'm not fully sure what it's supposed to mean myself.

sneikkimies
sneikkimies discussion 14 Jan 20:19
Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Hello. I'd like to ask permission to use your English translation of the "Adachi and Shimamura" novel to translate it to Brazilian Portuguese. Would you allow it? Thank you!

Sure, go ahead.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

How is volume 5 progressing? Any ideas when the first chapter will come out and if it‘s gonna be this month? (Don‘t mean sneik & team to rush, just asking for an approximated date)

It'll be the first three chapters (well, the first two are not actual chapters, but rather, bonus stories), and yes, should be this month.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Looking pretty good (anime PV)

https://youtu.be/uWz9iPUUMF0

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Small update on the pdf/epub versions. I managed to get Amazon to stop downscaling images, and those have now been updated to use higher resolutions ones. The kindle cover have also been replaced with the novel versions (someone mentioned about that). This will be the practice going forward, but I won't update the old images here on dynasty since that's too much of a hassle.

The rest of this volume should be out in a day or two.

sneikkimies
Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Also, I wonder if sneikkimies plans on focusing more on the LN after this adaptation is done.

I was already focusing on it 100%, so if you're expecting faster updates, they won't come as a result of this project being done. Sorry. This manga and the other one take comparably little of my time, something like one day of the month each compared to the rest that are devoted to the novel.

last edited at Nov 24, 2019 11:45PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Sancho and her friends are named after characters from Live A Live (so are Hino and Nagafuji (their first names, that is)), the weird line on page 72 is from gundam, and the witch hat fellow is probably from one of the author's othet novels. I can't say for sure, though, since this is the only volume without a page on the Japanese wiki where they explain all the references. As such, it might be that I missed some. Sorry.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Imagine being Adachi's Adachi. Poor girl.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

And with that, the third volume is done. The fourth one is apparently the worst of the bunch, so look forward to that, I guess.

Now, a couple of words regarding the future of this project. I am going to keep working on it, and I do plan to finish the whole thing, despite the news. I tried to contact seven seas as soon as I heard about it to see if they'd let me work on the project for them, but unfortunately (or fortunately for you, I suppose) they weren't at all interested. Makes no sense to me, but I wasn't really expecting anything more. Still, I've invested way too much time into this to drop it, and so I'm just going to have to live with the knowledge all my work will eventually be invalidated. But hey, at least their release schedule is total nonsense so I got plenty of time before that. I'll also be working harder and faster to get as much out until the date hits.

Anyway, the next chapter should be ready right at the start of the next month.