Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wait, Hibike Euphonium isn't yuri!? I've only seen a few clips on youtube, but it seemed pretty lesbian romance-ish. The title sequence had the two girls connected by the red thread of fate, for goodness sake.

Oh for the love of Madoka, don't start this now. The hellfires of Euphonium will derail this thread again. It's yuri-bait and that's it. Look over there! Is that yet another Hino-san chapter? knocks out discussion with a metal bat

Ummmm ooookaaaaay. I was just asking. Like I said I've only seen a few clips. I'm in no position to debate it yuri-ness. I was just suprised to hear that it's not a yuri.

last edited at May 16, 2019 3:11PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ummmm ooookaaaaay. I was just asking. Like I said I've only seen a few clips. I'm in no position to debate it yuri-ness. I was just just suprised to hear that it's not a yuri.

John, Johnny, Jonathan, sometimes just calling the devil will summon him. If you value peace, don't ask whether Hibike Euphonium is yuri ever again. The yuri community has enough PTSD as it is.

last edited at May 16, 2019 3:50PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Not jumping in to this. I just want to know what QFT stands for.

Quoted For Truth I believe.

Thanks. I was thinking Quite F$#king True, maybe. Yours sound more dignified, though. So, I 'm hoping it's yours.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Ummmm ooookaaaaay. I was just asking. Like I said I've only seen a few clips. I'm in no position to debate it yuri-ness. I was just just suprised to hear that it's not a yuri.

John, Johnny, Jonathan, sometimes just calling the devil will summon him. If you value peace, don't ask whether Hibiki Euphonium is yuri ever again. The yuri community has enough PTSD as it is.

ACK! Why couldn't you quote the edited post, where I deleted the extra 'just'. That version makes me look like an idiot. Well more of an idiot than I actually am.

P.S. It's just John, not Jonathan. You know John the Baptist and all.

last edited at May 16, 2019 3:27PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I don't get why everyone is so riled up with this. Is just 2 friends friendlily holding hands, sexually harassing eachother, calling eachother cute, and going to toilets together. Y'know, like perfectly normal friends do.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I don't get why everyone is so riled up with this. Is just 2 friends friendlily

friendlily

FRIEND-LILY

This must become a thing. As expected of Nep, pure genius.

last edited at May 16, 2019 3:49PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Oh for the love of Madoka, don't start this now. The hellfires of Euphonium will derail this thread again. It's yuri-bait and that's it. Look over there! Is that yet another Hino-san chapter? knocks out discussion with a metal bat

Damn it, for a sec I thought there was already a new chapter ! Now I'm disappointed

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

how much gayer can this get.

In my personal view, this has gone from 'gag manga' to 'Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru' levels in the last few chapters. It might just hit peak 'Hana Ni Arashi' before very long.

I would say that this is beyond Nettaigyo. In this manga we know that the characters are 100% gay but one of them haven't realized yet. (Koguma)
Meanwhile in Nettaigyo both of them act gay but the author didn't label it as Yuri so it might end up being another Hibike Euphonium!

Wait, Hibike Euphonium isn't yuri!? I've only seen a few clips on youtube, but it seemed pretty lesbian romance-ish. The title sequence had the two girls connected by the red thread of fate, for goodness sake.

A lot of people already replied and i don't want to turn this thread into a Hibike Euphonium rant but you asked me something and i'll just answer it.

No, Hibike Euphonium ended up being Yuribait and they were "Just Friends" Everyone thought that it would end up being Yuri because of the way the author handled the story and the characters but in the end it wasn't.

That's why i said thay Nettaigyo might end up being another Hibike Euphonium (i hope not) because the mangaka said on her twitter that she didn't want to label Nettaigyo as a Yuri manga and that it was up to you whether you consider it Subtext or Yuri.
I'm scared...

joined Sep 1, 2017

John, Johnny, Jonathan, sometimes just calling the devil will summon him. If you value peace, don't ask whether Hibiki Euphonium is yuri ever again. The yuri community has enough PTSD as it is.

ACK! Why couldn't you quote the edited post, where I deleted the extra 'just'. That version makes me look like an idiot. Well more of an idiot than I actually am.

P.S. It's just John, not Jonathan. You know John the Baptist and all.

Wait that made me sound like a religious right winger. I'm most assuredly not. That's just who I was named after.

last edited at May 16, 2019 4:42PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

In my personal view, this has gone from 'gag manga' to 'Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru' levels in the last few chapters. It might just hit peak 'Hana Ni Arashi' before very long.

I would say that this is beyond Nettaigyo. In this manga we know that the characters are 100% gay but one of them haven't realized yet. (Koguma)
Meanwhile in Nettaigyo both of them act gay but the author didn't label it as Yuri so it might end up being another Hibike Euphonium!

A lot of people already replied and i don't want to turn this thread into a Hibike Euphonium rant but you asked me something and i'll just answer it.

No, Hibike Euphonium ended up being Yuribait and they were "Just Friends" Everyone thought that it would end up being Yuri because of the way the author handled the story and the characters but in the end it wasn't.

That's why i said thay Nettaigyo might end up being another Hibike Euphonium (i hope not) because the mangaka said on her twitter that she didn't want to label Nettaigyo as a Yuri manga and that it was up to you whether you consider it Subtext or Yuri.
I'm scared...

If the the creator is leaving it up to the reader, to decide if something is subtext or not, doesn't it make it subtext by definition?

last edited at May 16, 2019 4:47PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Holding hands in Japan = Dating

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

These scanlators are out of their minds. Super props to them.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018
Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm scared...

If the the creator is leaving it up to the reader, to decide if something is subtext or not, doesn't it make it subtext by definition?

Yes, but idk...the story is showing how the characters feel jealousy or how they feel lonely when they don't talk to each other. It's way too Gay to be considered Subtext, besides, the manga is published in a Yuri magazine so...

last edited at May 16, 2019 5:13PM

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

... But just how sensitive is Koguma to collapse so easily from having her back rubbed -- and through her shirt, for that matter?!

Look at the bright side. At least now Nagisa knows how to get Koharu to finish better or finish faster.

God damn it lmfao

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I almost dropped my phone just like Hino after Koguma's selfie.

Same... OH WAIT IT'S YOU AGAIN

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm seriously concerned about the health of the scanlators at this point. Has anyone checked on them lately?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch27#12

She's just rubbing her back...

Seriously though, have you ever had someone do that? It's legit pretty amazing. Even more so if they mix in a little scratching with it.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Please in Mado-kami's tell me there is a physical release for this series

There is

Thank you so much!!! Hopefully we get a western release soon (my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to try reading it).

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I just opened this page after 12 hours, and there's no new chapter. Yuri Ichigo must be lazy... or collapsed from exhaustion and are now in coma on a hospital bed, which is the same thing.

last edited at May 16, 2019 9:42PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There is

Thank you so much!!! Hopefully we get a western release soon (my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to try reading it).

When you said “physical release” I thought you meant something different . . .

joined Jul 4, 2018

I almost dropped my phone just like Hino after Koguma's selfie.

Same... OH WAIT IT'S YOU AGAIN

As a fellow ipad user, I did as well.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

There is

Yeah I think those are in a couple of chapters by now <_<

joined Sep 1, 2017

There is

Hahaha nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.